Arkansas 500 Eureka Springs, AR April 12-14, 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Dec 5, 2018.

1. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Thursday Early Bird Ride starts at 1 PM sharp. It looks like we have about 30 signed up for this warm-up ride that will be about 70 miles. I use this time to go out and check the water level in our creeks and streams. This information provides me with the data needed to make any last minute suggestions at the Friday morning riders meeting.
  2. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    I need to ask a favor of 32 of the signed up riders. Please fill out the waiver for this ride as soon as you read this. It will slow down registration and have groups leaving later than necessary otherwise. C'mon, if you haven't filled it out please do now. The link is:

smartwaiver.com/v/ar500
  3. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
  4. HalcyonRider

HalcyonRider peaceful, prosperous, carefree

Oddometer:
    Just making sure I didn't miss it... We don't have tracks yet right?
  5. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    No, tracks have not been sent out at this time. They are in the hands of Guru Oleary for a final stamp of approval. They will be delivered by email only.
    Bonafide Bob likes this.
  6. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Check your email. Text or PM me if you did not get one. Very important that you follow up.
  7. RGoree

RGoree RG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like day one has us ending by coming down Beach Grove Road. Anyone know the condition of it for a BIG bike coming down that road? I went up it a few years ago and was really fun but tough (some spots impossible without assistance). That was going up and at the beginning of the day. Coming down and at the end of the day; I am up for a challenge, but is it too crazy?
  8. Afalex1

Afalex1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like there are 2 routes in that area. The main road and one labelled "small bike only".
  9. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    The end of Day 1 does come down Beach Grove road. I would suggest that be for small bikes. Big bikes should take Hwy 215 on to Byrds. And for the Day 2 start, I'd again suggest small bikes head up Beach Grove Road and the big bikes go up on the Pink track to the west as labeld. Sorry, I should have put that on day 1 as well. I'll make sure to cover this in the rider's meeting Friday Morning.
    HalcyonRider, Bonafide Bob and RGoree like this.
  10. Beaucktire

Beaucktire Standing on the pegs

Oddometer:
    I have not received the email with the tracks. How can I get them?
  11. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  12. theelkhunter

theelkhunter n00b

Oddometer:
    Scott - I have not gotten the emailed tracks - have already checked spam filters etc - thanks, Rusty
  13. Trailace

Trailace Dumb Ass

Oddometer:
    So are the tracks out or do just a few people have them. I did not receive any emails or a pm. What’s up?
  14. AvgADVdude

AvgADVdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone from GA. or “near” GA. attending this ride?
  15. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Rick, at the top we (yes that includes me on my WR250R - Beach Grove sucks if it is wet) can turn west and go around via Morgan Mountain Road which takes you back down to 215 as Scotty suggests.

It is the way we went back to Byrds on the epic how many times will FIVE - GS1200's fall down going UP Beach Grove... and don't forget the Tenere that got winched out of the rut.
  16. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Beach Grove Road is the epicenter of red clay muck, in the woods on top of solid rock, when it rains...for sure! I went down three times in two miles last year and reached camp with my entire riding gear all mucked up. Then the muck froze to my gear and crumbled off like blue cheese (stunk as much too) in the morning. That was last year, I went through there a week ago without a problem! It all depends on the rain...
    guavadude likes this.
  17. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beech Grove: Day 1C Big Bike go around to Little Mulberry.

So now that I look at the track (Thanks Scotty) I see it has us coming up Morgan Mountain. Rather than going down Beech Grove you can continue on county roads to the east then south that bring you back to 215, then go west back to Byrds. I believe this track follows the Little Mulberry out of the woods to 215 but my Base Camp does not show the small stream.

Depending on the time of day you arrive at the Morgan Mountain turn off, you can decide to do this loop or just head straight to Byrds.

Attached Files:

18. AvgADVdude

AvgADVdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent for the maps Scott.
  19. Fostman

Fostman Life is an Adventure

Oddometer:
    I have not received the down load yet. Fosterst04@aol.com
    Thank you.
  20. Afalex1

Afalex1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope everyone has looked at the weather. Gonna be a couple cold nights and small chances of rain.