Arkansas 500 Eureka Springs, AR April 12-14, 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Dec 5, 2018.

1. AvgADVdude

AvgADVdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two of the guys in our group nearly ran into the scene before we got someone posted around the corner.
  3. Afalex1

Afalex1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a great time Thurs, Friday and Sat, but bailed at lunch on Sat. I gave up with the 45 degrees, wind and rain. It was a pleasure to chase around some good riders being I'm fairly new to dual sport stuff.

Thanks to Scott and his crew for putting this together.
  4. SATEX

SATEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's my bike. It was more of a drop, but there was some drama when I came around the corner and had virtually no visibility due to dust covered goggles and sun in my eyes. I managed to avoid worsening the crash, but the ground was lower than my foot when I put it down.
  5. SATEX

SATEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Saturday night camp at Buffalo Outdoor was mostly a ghost town. That made for some mighty thick cut prime rib, enjoyed by a handful of us who huddled in the sag wagon turned dining room.

I didn't see any tents though. Just folks with RV's or those of us who had closeby cabins. I didn't have a cabin reserved, but managed to crash the floor on one rented by a couple of other Texas boys.
  6. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    My bike at the campground Sunday morning.

IMG_2314.jpg
  7. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    The pictures and the stories..keep them coming!

I was recovering from a man gland biopsy that turned out fine!! With a PSA of 4.8, the doc says my motor might just run a little hot.
    nowheelies and 1stgenfarmboy like this.
  8. Rydah

Rydah Remember the Night Rydah!

Oddometer:
    Wow, I was so bummed about having to last minute miss this ride, but looks like my not being able to make this one turned out to be a good thing after all! Sorry I couldn't make it, Scotty, but glad I could at least make the donation. Would still love to get the shirt though, so lemme know if we can arrange something. Thanks.
  9. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Bob, I think we rode together Thursday. Glad to see you toughed it out.
  10. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't get there in time to ride Thursday.
    Bob
  11. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    Man gland biopsy? Ouch!
    As long as you’re not doing a conversion to ride the “powder puff” class LOL

Hang in there Chip! (Well hopefully it’s still hanging)
    dirty_sanchez likes this.
  12. cuschaef

cuschaef n00b

Oddometer:
    That was me, Curtis Schaefer. Thanks for the gas! Let me know when you plan on doing some dual sporting, especially if its in North Central Arkansas.
  13. Fostman

Fostman Life is an Adventure

Oddometer:
    Hey Curtis-Thanks for reaching back out to me, and your more than welcome not a problem. I'm thinking about this Hillbilly ride coming up, but still on the fence. I am absolutely looking for a partner to do some rides. Shoot me an email so we can correspond one on one fostersto4@aol.com.
  14. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please send me an email with the request so I can get you your stuff...thanks, scott@turpentinecreek.org
  15. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The time has finally come! All the images for the Arkansas 500 Rally are ready for your viewing pleasure. Following the link below will take you directly to the gallery. Before you jump in to the photos, please take a moment to visit the “Read This First” folder which contains information on how the images are organized and how you can order them from me.
    I hope you enjoy these pictures!

https://nickcecala.smugmug.com/2019-Arkansas-500-Photo-Album
  16. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    Scotty,

I'd like to sincerely Thank you and your team for a Great Ride! This was our 2nd year in a row and the 500 is like fine wine. You're (its) getting better with age!
    Thanks again for transferring Thursdays tracks to my GPS and allowing us to rock on ahead of the crew. I'd like to give a huge thanks to my riding buddy Andy who tore his bicep muscle on Monday before the ride. He still drove up Wednesday and rode Thursday and Friday and Sat.
    Thanks to Michele and my wife for attempting to drive the RVs. One of our guys had a mechanical and another gave up his bike so he could ride Sat.
    This was a total HOOT as we say in Texas and we will be Back next year!
    Afalex1 and HotRodXR like this.
  17. HotRodXR

HotRodXR n00b

Oddometer:
    You did great.
    Afalex1 likes this.
  18. HotRodXR

HotRodXR n00b

Oddometer:
    We really need to support this young man( Nick), he did a great job taking pics. Prices are fair and quality is good. Thanks Nick for capturing our memories.
  19. ande2078

ande2078 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heads up I seem to be missing my little camera. I know I had it up to the Friday ride. It was a Orange Nikon Coolpix camera. Just thought I would mention it. The SD card is more important than the camera.
  20. ande2078

ande2078 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never mind just when I thought I'd look every where, there was a place I didn't look and it was there. Looking online it would of cost 400.00 to replace mine is older pressure it doesn't have 4K capabilities.