ARKANSAS 500 eureka springs, ar APRIL 6-8, 2018

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Jan 8, 2018.

1. LifeRRR

LifeRRR Born this way. . .

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Scotty and crew for putting on this great event. I was a first timer, rode down from central MO, and made the decision to head home after making it to Oark. Rainy ride to Mulberry Mountain and then 325 miles home. Hopefully better weather next year.
  2. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    We learned a lot on our 1st Adv ride. We had an Awesome time considering the weather. Staying in a hotel wasn't the ticket. Next year we will bring the RV and be better organized. Nice to meet those that we did. Scotty, his wife and son did a great job. I think Tim was his mechanic. I'd get along with Tim since he seems like a single track guy. We passed on the Adv park on Sunday, as we got lost and was told by some guy we were on private property. At that point, I had enough of cold feet and hands and re-routed to camp and called it a Sunday. Tim said he was the small bike guy and next year was going to do a total single track small bike route. I'd be up for that! Special Thanks to Chris and Nate and Chops, they were some serious Adv Guys. Chops was the 1st guy across the creek and then Chris, (who dropped his 690), then Nate who dropped his 650. Me and my guy re-routed around about 500 yards up stream for an easy creek crossing. Both Chris and Nate spent some time getting the water out of the bikes. Suffice to say neither had a complaint about boots full of water or wet socks. They wrung their socks out and said "Let Ride". Both Chris and Nate had an Awesome Pace. Sometimes I think they held back a bit just so we could keep up. Ive got a newfound appreciation for Adv Riding and the gravel roads in Arkansas! Always nice to know you can learn something new.
    Thanks to my riding buddy for carrying some extra glove liners as I turned into a panty waste without them. He also carried about 50 LBS worth of Sh*$t on his person. I'll post up some pics after I thaw out! Side Note: Scotty needs to get Tim a REAL shop so he can work on YOUR bikes! i.e., parts washer, concrete floor, good lighting. New tool box was cool! Thanks for letting us store the bikes at your shop!
    HalcyonRider likes this.
  3. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thought I would get things started with a report on the AR500 ride, add some photos and the first of several videos.

It was a wet and wild weekend not to mention cold. Snow & sleet Saturday morning. Here are some photos & a video of Friday morning. It was funny in that I was to be a ride leader but by the time I got around everyone was in a group or had already taken off. I had visited with Brad (Burmbuster) and Kevin (NoWheelies) about hooking up with them so I just fell into the rear of their group who it appeared already had a leader.

When we turned off of Hwy 23 onto the dirt heading east I pulled up to the ride leader who was checking out his GPS and asked if he was leading. He said he was but that he was new to the GPS or something like that. I offered to lead and he said OK. So off we went and after the first stop at that first water crossing in the video whenever I stopped the guy behind me just kept going and everyone followed. I got back into the lead and missed a turn before we got to Marble and the guy behind me just kept going and everyone followed. I got back into the lead after the entire group had gone by and south of Marble I thought maybe this would be a good time to have a chat with everyone about how they wanted things to go forward. I stopped and the guy behind me just kept on going and everyone followed. him. Brad was sweeping and when he came up we decided that we would just let them go on and we would ride on together. That is the way it went the rest of the day. I guess I am just not a born leader.

Mulberry Creek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brad and I stopped at the Spoke Plant Overlook above the Mulberry Creek.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friday morning video. Will post more photos & videos, mostly videos.

4. j-dub3

j-dub3 WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, SEEK WISDOM & ADVENTURE

Oddometer:
    scotty.jpg Classic adventure riding.... :smile6
    Here is a photo collage I stitched together of @ScottyXR giving us a weather update and tips for Mulberry trail!
    As always, the Adventure Riders had a great time, thanks for putting this on Scott. I know some people left for the cold, but to me its just part of the adventure and the challenge.

We have a whole bunch of photos on our FB album, check it out and feel free to comment.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/adventureridersllc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=798618156992245
  5. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Great photos J-dub3. Looks like you covered it all and had a great time doing it. Glad you got to the White Oak Creek Falls. I woosed out bein a bit chilled and wet from the rain. Here is a vid of the preride I did solo a couple weeks earlier. It was a littler drier but the falls was still running pretty good.

NSFW, dirty_sanchez, sdd04 and 2 others like this.
  6. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    So if it’s been raining is that crossing impassable?
  7. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Obviously not because Jdub-3's group crossed it on Day 1. See his facebook photos.
  8. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed riding with ya again, Tim. Your pace was perfect and I had a blast. When I headed back Saturday I stopped at The Coffee House 30 miles up the road. It was originally a movie theater. Really cool. I met the owner and he told me the story of the theater as well as his background. Super nice guy and the food was good. About the time I started to get ready for the second leg back to Eureka Springs another inmate came in. It was the same guy I rode with on Thursday from Dallas. I think his name was Dave or David. I am terrible with names so it might be wrong. He warmed up as well and we road back to TC and loaded up. Still had a great time as usual but this south Alabama boy lives that far south for a reason! See you guys next year, if not before.
    dirty_sanchez likes this.
  9. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it back to warmer weather. Enjoyed riding with you Friday as well. It was nice to have the freedom riding as a twosome. It was a wet and chilly Friday. Saturday started off pretty cold too. Warmed up and was fairly pleasant by mid day. By Sunday this old man was wore out. Rode the track back from the campground to Scottys and it was fairly decent by midday Sunday It was nice getting home early afternoon, clean up the bike, chill out for the afternoon before having to go to work on Monday. Got to watch the final day of the Masters tournament. It was quite an adventure with the weather and all. Great weekend thanks to Scotty, Victor, Tanya and crew who made it all possible.
  10. j-dub3

j-dub3 WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, SEEK WISDOM & ADVENTURE

Oddometer:
    dale keepin his boots dry.jpg
    @dmac431 keepin' his boot dry (or trying)
    ScottyXR and sdd04 like this.
  11. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice style!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    AR500 DAY 2 MORNING

Day 2 started off sleeting early in the morning and the temperature was about 25 degrees. Scotty and Zak & I were one of the last to leave Mullberry Mountain Campground about 9 ish. Here is some video of the morning ride.

ScottyXR, sdd04 and Bonafide Bob like this.
  13. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    AR500 DAY 2 AFTER LUNCH

After getting fuel and grabbing a bite we headed down to Home Valley via City Road. Weather was starting to warm up and ended up being a perfect day to ride. I took a couple of photos on the Beautiful Road along the Big Piney and have one more video to share of the afternoon ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ScottyXR, sdd04 and Bonafide Bob like this.
  14. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent Video, I sure wish I could have been there with you guys.
    Bob
  15. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Being a LA boy, I don't think you would have liked the cold weather but it was a good time for sure. We did miss you so heal up and get back in the saddle.
  16. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am a Louisiana transplant, I was born and grew up in Hot Springs. But I do admit these old bones are not real fond of cold weather.;-)
  17. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a great four days of riding the Arkansas 500 then headed to Colorado to get the landscaping ready for summer! So far it hasn’t worked out well.[​IMG]
    Thanks O’Leary for all your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    simmons1 likes this.
  18. TMoore

TMoore Arai Helmet Test Dummy Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK! (Formerly from The Peoples Republic of Mass)
    Who you calling an ass ?

[​IMG]
    burmbuster and HalcyonRider like this.
  19. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I see what the weather is like there now. I was wondering with all this cold weather what it was like out there. Hopefully this is the last cold snap of spring we are seeing in NWA this weekend.

Helping you with the AR500 is a labor of love Scotty! I tell people that I get twice the amount of fun out of this event cause I get to preride it with you guys and then get to ride the actual event. It is a great event benefitting a good cause.
    burmbuster and guavadude like this.
  20. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought you were selling the Colorado digs? You guys gonna open it back up?