Arkansas 500 Eureka Springs, Arkansas RESCHEDULED Oct 2-4, 2020

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Jan 10, 2020.

1. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Arkansas 500 is a Dual-Sport Motorcycle ride (based out of Eureka Springs, Arkansas) that spans three days (Oct 2-4, 2020) and travels over 500 miles of back roads in the Natural State. Arkansas offers the most diverse sites and experiences for dual-sport riders in the Midwest, including beautiful wooded forest, large hill climbs, incredible water crossings and more back roads that can be ridden in 10 years! Get on your bike and ride the 9th Annual Arkansas 500 Oct 2-4, 2020, with like-minded people out for a great weekend.

The Arkansas 500 is a dual-sport ride benefiting Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, a 28-year-old non-profit big cat sanctuary. All (100%) of the profit from this backcountry dual-sport ride will go directly to help the animals. Thank you for participating. A $175 donation through PayPal gets you all signed up.

Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, and Sunday breakfast are all included and once again, we will have Chef Vic on hand doing the cooking. You are responsible for your own lunch on the trail. Maybe you can talk your group leader into pulling over for lunch?

Camping is provided (bring all your own gear). If you do not want to camp in a tent, bring your RV or get a cabin (AirBNB, VRBO, Mulberry MTN phone # 479-667-1919). If you want a cabin, reserve it now!!!

Activities: Riding, Fish-storytelling, practical jokes, eating, and maybe some sleeping are some of the common activities.

COVID-19 Updates:
    Hey everyone riding this October 2-4, I have some news as to the format changes from prior years. I will post this on post 1 as well, and update it there as we get closer to the event date.
    1. This year the ride will be held at Mulberry Mountain, on highway 23.
    2. Another survey will be coming your way, if you signed up, this week. Keep an eye out for it because I need the information to host a good event. Please fill it out promptly. Thank you.
    3. There are two different types of campsites: Those for RVs and those for tent camping. It is important to use a tent camping site unless you are bringing an RV. This drastically cuts expenses which generates more help to the supportive nonprofit.
    4. There will be no rider meetings to meet COVID-19 state regulations.
    5. There can be no buffet for food so chef Vic will plate every meal and hand it to you through the concessions window. All condiments will be in a single serving size. This includes coffee too. Sorry, state regs.
    6. This is not a change, but a reminder: Trax will be sent out one week before the ride.
    7. Social distancing will be totally up to each rider. We have found a way to have this event, help us keep it safe for everyone. Respect each campsite/group of riders' privacy in this matter. Don't approach them without an invite.
    8. To keep foodservice safe, I will personally go around the campsites one by one and release them to go get their meal. I will be random, so be patient.

Limited Registration Open Now
    Mudclod and imxman like this.
  2. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Information

1/16- We have 25 riders signed up. Get yours in now to be sure you have a spot. If you signed up today or before today, you got an email with a survey. Fill it out! I will send out the surveys as people sign up from here on out. This survey must be filled out for me to sponsor this ride and for you to attend. Thank you.

1/17 We now have 37 riders signed up! The RV sites are going quickly, get yours now before your on your own to find one. Tent camping is unlimited.
    5/4 We have moved the ride until Oct 2-4, 202 due to Covid 19 Virus.
  3. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Paid Rider List

PM ScottyXR to make sure you are on the list.
  4. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm ready.
  5. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    It's time to plan on riding all spring!
  6. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Registration is open! See the website www.arkansas500.com or go to the first post in this thread and click on the bold, underlined link.
  7. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Scotty, I am looking forward to another great Arkansas 500.
    Bob
  8. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Hey Bob! Glad you are in for the ride. It is going to be a different schedule this year. No moving each night. Staying at Mulberry Mountain each night. This gets us to the "prime riding" right out of the gate! Also more options for those who like trails around Mulberry Mountain. I will schedule each day, just like in the past for the adventure rider in all of us.
  9. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I prefer to stay all nights at the same place, it is much easier than packing up and moving everyday.
  10. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Feedback from previous years lead me to make the change. I think it will be better going forward and offers more options.
  11. 901rider

901rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How many rider have shown up in the past ? Is this a large event?
  12. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Limited to 70 riders this year.
    Big enough to have a variety but not to big.
    C'mon down!
  13. old heave-ho

old heave-ho n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know if camping is included for Thursday and Sunday night? So you can arrive before the ride and stay after if you like.
  14. Afalex1

Afalex1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm signed up.

Are you doing a pre-ride on Thursday like you did last year?
  15. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really think the new format of staying in the same place each night is brilliant! Much more interaction with the riders and no more having to move the RV or campsite.
    All our guys are registered!
  16. The Toyman

The Toyman Handy not Handsome Supporter

Oddometer:
    In and paid
  17. CalamariKid

CalamariKid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN! Been a few years since I've been able to do this ride and really looking forward to it!
  18. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    I've been out for work, sorry for the delay. To answer a couple questions above:

1. Call Mulberry Mountain ((479) 667-1919) to reserve your spot for Thursday or Sunday as your rider donation covers Friday and Saturday. Make sure to tell them you are with the AR500 so you wont have to move your RV to the spots I have reserved for Friday and Saturday. If you camp Thursday, know you are on your own for breakfast Friday morning. Again...no breakfast Friday morning. Use your JetBoil!
    2. I will do a "early bird ride" Thursday from 2pm - 5pm starting from Mulberry Mountain camp.
    3. I have always tried to cap rider count on this ride to the the limits of a 40' sag-wagons ability to carry the gear. Since there is no need for a sag-wagon this year we can have a few additional riders.

Personally, I do like the format used up to this year. Limiting the participation, non-camping riders have a hassle to getting rooms in rural areas, and the logistics of moving camp each night, and many comments from participants have guided me in this decision. I promise I will keep the quality of this ride as high as possible. Thanks,
    nowheelies likes this.
  19. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    Registered, Paid.

Campsites within your designated area reserved for Thursday - so we won't have to move.
    Site 65 Long
    Site 68 Dalton and Whitaker

So, if it is unseasonably cold ... again, I will have a cozy heated place to sleep.
  20. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Check post #3 and make sure I got your name on it. If your name is not on it, then I probably messed up - pm me or email me at [email protected]