Arkansas 500 Eureka Springs, Arkansas RESCHEDULED Oct 2-4, 2020

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Jan 10, 2020.

1. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Due to events happening in the community with the coronavirus, we will be postponing the Arkansas 500. We want to ensure the safety of everyone within our riding community while adhering to all regulations set by state and federal governments.

The ride will be postponed until October 2-4.
    If you must be reimbursed (you could keep it a donation, it is up to you) you will have to email Scotty at [email protected].

The tracks are done, the menu all ready, reservations moved, Will you be there? October 2-4 with an early bird ride and dinner on Thursday, October 1.
  2. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for rescheduling, I will see you in May.

Bob
  3. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lets all hope that by mid-May we are all talking about how glad we are this is over!
    Mudclod and Bonafide Bob like this.
  4. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm think'in advmgm! This is my first attempt to get in touch with everyone. If you know others who are coming, please let them know the new dates. May 15-17.
    Thanks
  5. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    I sent out another survey to all signed up riders. Please take the time to fill it out so I know who can make the ride on May 15-17. Thanks,
  6. Bonafide Bob

Oddometer:
    Well Hell, I would be at the 500 right now getting ready for three days of great riding and visiting with friends if times hadn't dictated the postponing of this great event.
    I hope all of you are doing well and staying healthy in these trying times and that I see you all May 15-17.
    Bob
    dwarmker likes this.
  7. trailrider77

trailrider77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good thing this was moved in that the weather would have been a major downer this weekend. Hoping the May date is good but honestly i have my concerns if this virus mess will be resolved by then. My 690 is sitting in the garage ready go just begging to be ridden on an adventure vs being locked up during this shutdown Sigh.
  8. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    I will wait until May 1 to make a decision on the May dates. Not looking good, but who knows, right?
  9. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Hey riders, it is almost May 1, the day I have to make an announcement, I'm just going to go ahead and make it here tonight. I'll update the website tomorrow.
    1. After speaking with our venue this morning, I was informed they are not opening the shower house and will not be allowing tents for this and many reasons. Self-contained rigs only. Until ??? I was told by the owner we will have to reschedule once again.
    2. Arkansas is not allowing groups of 10 or more to gather, yet.

For many obvious reasons, we must reschedule once again. I have been considering September (replacing the Bootlegger) and am working to secure a date. I will have that announcement by Tomorrow for sure. I hope you all understand. I will send you tracks if you want to ride on your own. Refunds are easy, just email me ([email protected]) and I will take care of it ASAP!

The only two weekends possible are Sept 18-20 or Oct 2-4. I may be able to verify one of these weeks by Tomorrow.
  10. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    Bummer. Thanks for your effort.
  11. BTaylor62

BTaylor62 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much for all you do. We understand, this is beyond your control. Hope to see you in September. If not, the donation is for a good cause. No refund necessary. Thanks again!
  12. Bonafide Bob

Oddometer:
    Thanks for trying Scotty, I always look forward to the events you put on and seeing friends again.
    On the bright side, fall in North West Arkansas is spectacular.
    Bob
  13. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the understanding guys! I did get the event rescheduled for October 2 through the fourth at Mulberry Mountain. Sometime in June I’ll send out a survey to see which riders are OK with the new date and plan to attend. In the meantime if you need a refund email me at [email protected].
  14. Anjin455

Anjin455 Riding on the company dime

Oddometer:
    Thanks for trying Scotty, hope all's well with you and yours. If anyone else goes in May, Im guessing it will be solo camping?
  15. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's the same weekend as the Rally at the Rocks, which is not a huge problem. You will have better food.
  16. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    We will be doing long , day loops taking us far from the Rally at the Rocks venue.
  17. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
  18. FlatlandKSBrett

FlatlandKSBrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This might be a dumb question, but how many miles do you run during the course of the event? 500?
  19. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    Usually about 550-600. In the course of running these tracks you will hit 500+.
  20. ScottyXR

Oddometer:
    I have updated the website for this event at arkansas500.com.