Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ScottyXR, Jan 10, 2020.
Sent you an email requesting the tracks.
Is this a rally raid type event that will utilize road books?
What are road books?
Got the tracks from Scotty, I'll be running it solo next week. Any thing to watch out for on a big bike?
I rode the Natural Dam track last weekend.
There is a section off West Flygap where the road is closed due to a slide.
If the park service catches you going past the ROAD CLOSED signs they may give you a ticket.
Otherwise that track is good.
At his point the ride is on for October 2-4 at Mulberry Mountain. Chef Vic has found a way (though much input) to serve us all safely during this pandemic. Unfortunately we will not be having riders meetings, I will communicate everything here and through email. If you are renting a cabin, do so now! They fill up quickly! I will get the website updated and have opened registration for those fair weather riders to get in on the action. Check here for updates often.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
Had a chance to ride a 225 mile day last week. Most of it gravel roads. We found some special places too! Come ride Arkansas!
Hey everyone riding this October 2-4, I have some news as to the format changes from prior years. I will post this on post 1 as well, and update it there as we get closer to the event date.
1. This year the ride will be held at Mulberry Mountain, on highway 23.
2. Another survey will be coming your way, if you signed up, this week. Keep an eye out for it because I need the information to host a good event. Please fill it out promptly. Thank you.
3. There are two different types of campsites: Those for RVs and those for tent camping. It is important to use a tent camping site unless you are bringing an RV. This drastically cuts expenses which generates more help to the supportive nonprofit.
4. There will be no rider meetings to meet COVID-19 state regulations.
5. There can be no buffet for food so chef Vic will plate every meal and hand it to you through the concessions window. All condiments will be in a single serving size. This includes coffee too. Sorry, state regs.
6. This is not a change, but a reminder: Trax will be sent out one week before the ride.
7. Social distancing will be totally up to each rider. We have found a way to have this event, help us keep it safe for everyone. Respect each campsite/group of riders' privacy in this matter. Don't approach them without an invite.
8. To keep foodservice safe, I will personally go around the campsites one by one and release them to go get their meal. I will be random, so be patient.
Shirts have been ordered. Several riders failed to get me sizes. I asked many times. So, I ordered two extra of each size. After that they are gone.
Where is the riders list?
No more refunds after 7 PM on 9/15/20. I have to order the food and pay for the campsites.
My KTM is serviced and ready to go, I am looking forward to seeing and riding with old friends. I am thinking of bringing a road bike and hanging around a couple of days after the 500 to do some road riding.
See y'all there.
Hey BB, can't wait to ride. I haven't ridden in a couple weeks, just too busy. I fooled around and bought a KTM Super Adventure 1290R to kick around the gravel a bit. I haven't ridden it much yet but it sure has some power! I will be on my Honda CRF450L for the ride.
Is there still room for 3 guys? We’d love to come!!
Do you know the coordinates where West Fly Gap is closed?
I know there is a landslide two hundred yards west of Beach Grove Road. I will be re-routing the track through there and send all the tracks out Friday.
Also, I will have to fix the road closing mentioned above. Both will be fixed and go out Friday.
The Final Tracks have been sent out to the signed up riders after adjustments for a huge wash out, a landslide, and a construction reroute. PM me if you did not get an email. I did have four bounce back. See you soon!
Tracks look AWESOME. Even some cool stuff for the hard core off-roaders! Weather looks incredible too.
I just stumbled onto this thread today... and, as luck would have it.. I should arrive in Eureka Springs by Friday night. (In Salina tonight) What are the options for someone in my position to maybe jump in on any of this fun? (Also, would consider myself a NOOB at adv riding on a heavy bike!)