Armstrong ON

Discussion in 'Canada' started by John F, Mar 5, 2020.

1. John F

John F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Too late.

My portfolio has tanked. My 401K is down the shitter. I just cancelled my vacation in Hawaii. This morning I hear several First Nations communities north of Montreal have closed off the surrounding roads and snowmobile trails (these communities are generally critical fuel stops in the area). This afternoon I read that they’ve closed the US/Canada border to non-essential travel. They closed the fucking border!!! I need my campfire time! What the fuck am I going to do? By the time the NFS unlocks the gates in the Green Mountains there’ll probably be zombies clogging the roads.

This is unreal.
  2. John F

John F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly the point. It looks like the roads past Armstrong would be a great place to get lost for a few days. But it looks like the roads accessible from the east side of the lake may be more extensive and we may be able to get even deeper into the wilderness over there.
  3. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've only been as far north as savant lake but definitely plan to explore more of that area in the future. If you end up doing this trip, please take a lot of pictures and post them to the forum.
    DyrWolf likes this.
  4. canuckAME

canuckAME Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here are some maps of past travels across Lake Nipigon and Dog River Road from Hwy 17 to 811 52103CBF-6FEA-4A7C-870D-B327D8678BCA.jpeg 7CD0B2FB-8904-496E-B5FD-B28E9F4FC035.jpeg 84026E61-23D7-42FF-A75F-F38FA0F07C55.jpeg

Across the top was 15 years ago. The water crossing at Clod Creek is impassable now and road east from Lamaune very grown in.

The “ north route “ is a best guess on exact location. We got up into the cuts on theJackfish north road and found a skidder trail that goes over to the Gordon Creek Rd . I think this may be the way the Jeep posting went

The ride up Dog River Road is nice
    Also if you turn east off Dog River Road you can ride to the Trans Canada Pipeline and ride across to Hwy 527 (road to Armstrong from Thunder Bay) and come out about 80 km north of T. Bay
    DyrWolf likes this.