Around South America accidentally on a blue 150cc

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by EvergreenE, Jul 21, 2016.

1. SpiritAtBay

SpiritAtBay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope to continue to hear your voice - as this rr continues or in Paul's. What little I've read of Paul's with the two of you together -he doesn't mention you much. Which is his perogative. But I would miss your take on things for sure.

Thanks to those that linked accounts of these two meeting up. I searched Paul's thread without success. Now I'll follow those links...
    EvergreenE and MrKiwi like this.
  2. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am glad the two of you are together for such an amazing journey, however you both have very different perspectives of what is worth sharing and I would love to read both accounts.
    Cloud-9, gulfcoaster, cprbusa and 2 others like this.
  3. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not Just differing perspectives, Paul is more Visual (obviously) & his, still more then a great RR with all the attached info, costs, prep details that only come one way. But E, your words, & interaction(s) touch me in another, even more basic way. Paul has enriched my knowledge, expanded my horizons. Your descriptions (& assistance) of everyday people has expanded my Universe and heart. Do slip in more posts to Pauls RR, and the (dual) spoken commentary in the videos, is also great.

Keep up the great work, it is truly appreciated.
    Can't wait for your book, would donate double if it had a section of Pauls photos inside! Maybe your next one.

Mike B
    Downey, CA
  4. EvergreenE

EvergreenE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Be careful what you wish for!!

[​IMG]

I used to stunt ride for medieval documentaries:lol3:D

Early Touratech:

[​IMG]

Me in the middle. Apparently there were no Fluffy Blond Girl Blood-Thirsty Crusaders in the 1400's, so I had to keep my Holy Grail-esque helmet on at all times which was great in July temperatures:

[​IMG]

OKay, enough goofing off :D

New Ride Report link coming soon. In the meantime, thank you so much for following along, for all the encouragement and kinds words, and... see you in another thread!
  5. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Andale!
    chilejack likes this.
  6. kaspilo

kaspilo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR, thanks for documenting the details of your journeys in such a vivid colors. If you ever get to ride the TAT (Trans America Trail - https://www.transamtrail.com) or your travels get you close to NW Arkansas, you are more than welcome to stay with us, my daughter's bedroom is waiting for you. Be safe... and thanks again.
    EvergreenE likes this.
  7. ScotsFire

ScotsFire And then a drifter rode into town... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there... but more there than here
    Looks like it needs a skid plate.
    JagLite, Spicciani2 and thechief86 like this.
  8. meatshieldchris

meatshieldchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    on that model the exhaust is at least high up and out of the way, so that's good
  9. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a nice little addition on Paul's thread when he adds your writing from time to time. And to the n00b who joined just for this RR there are a lot of great stories to be found on this site.
    EvergreenE likes this.
  10. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the continuing adventure written from your point of view! You have an amazing ability to bring us into the scene, I’ve enjoyed it immensely!
    EvergreenE likes this.
  11. danh600

danh600 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love the trip reports that include couples. Most of my motorcycle travels are with wife. Traveling as a couple on two bikes certainly adds another dimension. Mostly great, but not always.:rofl

There are several great reports on here from couples traveling, but generally they are told by one party. It would be very cool to have both people telling the adventure from each of their own points of view.
    Laura.ries, EvergreenE and JagLite like this.
  12. chinditone

chinditone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely wonderful - you must also be an absolutely outstanding horsewoman as well as motorcycle rider - which is no doubt great inspiration for your writing. Looking forward to reading your new posts.

Not really motorcycle related, but if you have not done so already, and if you can find the time, try to read as many of Bruce Chatwin's books as you can. He is acknowledged as one of the very best travel writers. https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/02/05/bruce-chatwin/
    EvergreenE likes this.
  13. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fantastic reading. Haven't been hooked into a RR for sometime, even the soundtrack choice works great based on Calexico.

For the past years i've put the bike aside when traveling and been mostly to backpacking and after so many stares, comments, warns from family, friends and all those in between who always have a contribution, I have this belief the majority of the world is good people, albeit there a few rotten apples that just once in a while cross our paths... some more than others too!

Ride safe.
  14. Ed_in_miami

Ed_in_miami Cubicle Traveler

Oddometer:
    I have been away from ADV Rider for a while and what a way to come back! What a Thread!
    I have been neglecting work for the last two days in order to read it from beginning to end.
    Beautiful writing and memoirs. Your insight into the lives of natives was amazing. Thanks for an amazing RR.
    ED
    EvergreenE, gulfcoaster and 78er like this.
  15. Old-n-slo

Old-n-slo Burnin' fossil fuels!

Oddometer:
    Baijeva mergina! Aciu uz graziai pasaka!! Mucho LIKE!
  16. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    egleontheroad.com
  17. HiJincs

HiJincs Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Found the RR about 3 days ago. Great job writing and even a better job living life to the fullest! Bravo!
    MaNDan and adventurebound9517 like this.
  18. Baja_Bound

Baja_Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife and I are reading the book. Great stuff Egle!
  19. Old-n-slo

Oddometer:
  20. Old-n-slo

Oddometer:
    Kryziu kryzociai! Valio!