Around the world advrider mascot relay - Bacon's journey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GazzaFish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bacon has been on the road almost 9 YEARS NOW!!!!! I still can't believe it. When I sent Bacon on his way I was hoping he would last 12 months!!!!!! Once again, a HUGE thank you to all those people who Bacon has met on the way and shared his ride...:clap:clap:clap:clap
    rideforsmiles and Abersouth like this.
  2. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Everyone that has been following my blog knows the baby talk has been on the agenda, having Bacon is giving Ev a great chance to brush up on her baby skills Sheldon style

[​IMG]
    RiderRick and pebble35 like this.
  3. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Bacon: Well howdy dudes and dudettes Sheldon and Ev have me chillin like a dog 800 k's north of Sydney, theres not much happening in the one horse town called Nimbin so might as well get into the groooove man, yeah grroooove man. "Hey Shel grab me a hamburger with lot mate I got a severe case of the munchies"
    Sheldon: Bloody pigs can't take em anywhere.

[​IMG]
    Grynch likes this.
  4. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Well yesterday we were just meandering along in the backwoods of the north coast of New South Wales here in Oz and I spotted a little cemetery so said lets stop and have a look around. So we pull in walk around for awhile and what do we find a koala sitting in one of the trees, big deal you might think but to see these things in the wild is as rare as hens teeth. Really really special little find and just another one of the very special little moments in our adventure. It's one of the things I love most about being on the road the small random things you see and experience.

Bacon racking up another first in world travel, a wild koala.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Today we were heading south after the old fart I'm travelling with dragged me to see his doctor, how boring sitting around listening to him jibber shit about how his heart is playing up. Here's a tip old man leave the young hotties to a real pig whose got some staying power. Don't worry lads I'll humour him till I get closer to Ev then I'll dump his candy ass and be off with her.

Anyway heading south and the silly old pollooker is crapping on about this town where his boy grew up called Grafton and about some gay flowery celebration called the Jacaranda festival, ok here we go this will be another boring time but you never know there might be something to see.

Maybe I can see more from up here

[​IMG]

Was getting a little bored so found a few mates to hang out with.

[​IMG]
  6. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    It wasn't long before ol chunky butt was hungry again I have to be careful around him he looks at me and licks his lips sometimes which makes me feel a little uneasy like I'm riding the Dragons Tail naked on a Hyabusa. Fortunately I had some duct tape handy to cover the bacon pizza up before the walking bohemeth waddled along.

[​IMG]
    RiderRick likes this.
  7. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    While fat boy was shoving his pizza down his pie hole my new little sweetheart Ev and I grabbed a few country tunes over on the main stage. I slipped in a few one liners I've picked up around the world and it seemed to work a charm it wasnt long before Evs hand slipped down my back mmmm so much for my curly little pig tail.

[​IMG]

In the end it was a really nice few hours, if your around Grafton which is about 600km/370 miles north of Sydney in the end of October early November do yourself a favour and drop in on Grafton and have a look around, the long slender branches of the Jacaranda with their beautiful purple flowers really is a pretty sight.

[​IMG]

http://www.jacarandafestival.org.au/main.html
    RiderRick and Bunyip1260 like this.
  8. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
  9. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Well my little Polish sweetie pie and I are back enjoying the northern beaches of Sydney, we canned Sheldon he was just cramping my style anyway, Ev seems much happier now she's rid herself of the deadwood. What a beautiful way to spend an October day.

[​IMG]
  10. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Like my new ride, it's a bit old like it's owner but I can snuggle up with Eva behind his back, like they say when the cats away the mouse will do whatever he likes.

Sheldon has had a few problems with the front brakes on the bike, seems like there might be a few screws loose and the brakes aren't working either so into the shop we went to get it all sorted.

We are back on the road later in the week and if in time heading to a Horizons Unlimited meeting in the Snowy Mountains about 500km's south of Sydney, man oh man doesn't he know who I am AdvRiders mascot, man I'll have to cause some havoc if ol knumbskull takes me there.

[​IMG]
    RiderRick and Suncoaster like this.
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
  12. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    So Sheldon finally got the bike registered and we hit the road yesterday, we weren't sure how far we would get the bike had only travelled 15 kilometres after sitting in his mum's backyard for 6 years but in the end it purred like a kitten for over 650 k's arriving at the Horizons Unlimited gathering at Jindabyne in the Snowy River region of Australia.

Old mudguts was pretty plum tuckered out and poor young Ev wasn't feeling to good either, the bike vibrates like a bed in a cheap love hotel in Mexico but for me tucked up in the pannier surround by all my favourite trinkets I slept like a baby.

The bike is pretty well known already we stopped off in a suburb near where we were staying and some guy walks up to us says gday to Sheldon and that he's been following us for ages, probably had Sheldon thinking he's important but we all know they only follow Ev don't we.

Anyway we arrive finally after 8 and a half hours, we don't use a GPS and the phone was packed away so silly billy thinking he knows all missed a turn off which added about 70 k's and an hour to the trip.

We get off the bike walk in to register and wth 440 bucks for some dude his little hotty and a pig to camp for two nights, tell them their dreaming. Of course old money bags is saying to Ev maybe we can just this weekend it'll be alright but Ev was having none of it and neither was I, I have other ideas and a gathering like that is only going to cramp my style. We found a camp spot down the road for 28 bucks and that was us.

The weather is really nice and warm by Lake Jindabyne 10 degrees Celsius even though there is still some snow covered mountain not far away.

I hope Sheldon doesn't mind but he ain't sleeping in the tent with me and Ev I have other plans tonight, it's piggy snuggle time. hey just because I let him take me on a ride doesn't mean I have to share my bed with him :lol2

[​IMG]
    RiderRick likes this.
  13. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
  14. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Things are looking up and I'm making a real pig of myself and the girls are loving it, Kinga is another Polish girl whose pretty famous on her F800 for riding and it was only corteous of me to give her some air time on my blog. I couldn't understand a word they were saying bit do you think I cared :D

[​IMG]
  15. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    A ride for me and my little Polish sweetheart through the Koschoosko national park

[​IMG]
  16. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Time to leave and head off somewhere else and the somewhere was a little town called Tilba just off the coast south of Narooma which is about 400 km / 250 miles south of Sydney

[​IMG]
    RiderRick likes this.
  17. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Next stop was Huskisson a beautiful little beach town on the shores of Jarvis Bay

[​IMG]

So here I am minding my own business having a nice pie and yeah good luck with that with fat boy around, look at him trying to steal my dinner.

[​IMG]
  18. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Next stop was Warragamba Dam where pretty much Sydney's entire fresh water supply comes from.

[​IMG]
  19. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Not really being a city pig I convinced old mudguts to head west into the Blue Mountains, I can't remember if I've been here before but oh well having Evs hand up my back makes it all worth while again.

[​IMG]
  20. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer: