Around the world advrider mascot relay - Bacon's journey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GazzaFish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    So looks like ol chunky butt is taking me to New Zealand for a bit of touring next week , planning on a few months then back to Oz for a bit then to Europe for summer, of course unless someone saves me from him sooner. I know I've toured NZ before so I'll be taking Ev by the hand and showing her the sights and trying to dump buggalugs at the same time.

omg how embarrassing it is just look at his get up will ya, he's ridden over 200 000 ks through 90 countries and he looks like he's just walked of a disco floor in the early 80's you would think he might at least look the part with KLIM gear or at the very least something out of the 90's ol El cheapo :-)

Another thing I tell you right now I'm not a fan of his hand up my back and I don't care if I'm a male and female pig something about it just seems a bit weird, I guess it's my way of protecting Ev from him, it's a small sacrifice to keep him away from her and being a pig I've seen a few of my mates sacrificed in different ways so it's not so bad.

[​IMG]
    varago likes this.
  2. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice pic! We were just there last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't believe how well Bacon looks after all these years. Still can't believe he's on the road for this long. When I sent Bacon on his way I was hoping for 12 months travel but many many many years later he's still gong strong... SENSATIONAL EFFORT EVERYONE!!!!!!
    rideforsmiles likes this.
  4. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Since we had a week up our sleeve before we were off to New Zealand we headed north along the east coast of Oz with ol squid lips taking us to some of his favourite old surfing haunts, this time Seal Rocks a few hundred kilometres north of Sydney.

[​IMG]
    Grynch likes this.
  5. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Off to New Zealand with mudguts, Im not a fan of the way hes tickling my palm right now feels a little awkard, ill see what I can do about that.

[​IMG]

Feels a little bit better squeezing my little bacon but into here though New Zealand here I come.

[​IMG]
    GazzaFish and Grynch like this.
  6. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Good to see Bacon on the road again! Where in NZ are you heading? Call in for a beer/BBQ if you are near Rotorua.

Cheers
    Clint
  7. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Will definitely stop by on journey at some point Clint cheers mate, Rotorua is on the list for sure. We werent far away the other day but doing a relocation on a van to Auckland to pick up a motorbike so blew on by and now in the Bay of Islands at Waitangi.

If old tubby Sheldon isnt full of enough hot air he took me to the geothermal power station at Tuapo the other day on the way through :-) :-)

[​IMG]
  8. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bacon has been on the road for over 9 years now!!!!!!!! Every ADVRIDERS dream come true...except the thousand different hands up your butt bit :D
    Treadless and johnno950 like this.
  9. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    So usually you relate New Zealand to snow skiing wind and snow but its been beautiful over here recently and since it was Christmas I made my way down to the beach for a day in the sun. Tramping around for awhile I eventually found myself a beach lounge albeit a little lumpy but with a few prods I made it as comfy as I could and settled in for the day ahhhh the life of a pig hey it beats roiling around in the mud.

[​IMG]
    Cloud-9, osmola, sdpc2 and 3 others like this.
  10. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a place to spent x-mas!!!! Well done Bacon! Hope your 2017 is as good as 2016 ended for you.
    Health and happy new year to everyone following your journey....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    GazzaFish likes this.
  12. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Not quite going to the moon on my adventure but how about the big chunky buddy and his little pretty sweetheart (soon to be mine) take me to the Crater of the Moon just outside of Taupo here in NZ

[​IMG]
    GazzaFish likes this.
  13. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
  14. Ratty2austin

Ratty2austin commutercycle

Oddometer:
    Sweet!! Bacon is back on the move!

:wave
    GazzaFish likes this.
  15. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great seeing him back in Godzone
  16. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Well as you can see I've put on a bit of weight, old monkey brains blamed me for reporting him to the mods and having his blog shut down. Ok it was only 4 days relocating a van to the north to buy a bike but ride report rules are ride report rules you and especially me cant be seen in a cage.

Oh well he bitched and bitched like a whiney little princess and they reopened his blog dammit, I thought it was just going to Eva and me in here.

So since hes of limited intelligence the knucklehead blamed me OK he did catch me in bed naked with Eva with her hand up my clacker that probably didnt help either but he promptly shoved me in the pannier and forgot about me. Silly bugger left a big bag of cookies in there though didnt he so I was happy as larry but my waistline as you can see in this photo paid a price but hey I am a pig after all and hanging out with dumbo colombo I feel I may be regressing back into my natural state as a pig.

Here I am showing of my new found girth overlooking Arakoa an hour outside of Christchurch, lets hope ol chubby bubby doesnt put me away again like that, what a moron. I probably shouldnt say anything bad the blokes a little sensitive he might get his friggen knickers in a knot again, the reality is id be suprised if he can even read the way he carries on. :lol3:lol3

Knumb nuts now tells me we have travelled from Cape Riega the north tip of NZ to Curio Bay almost the southern tip and I missed it all because he was having a hissy fit oh well we are back on the road in Hamner Springs today mudguts cant even tell us where we are going but ill pop up somewhere, if I play my cards right after NZ and a few months back in Oz im off to Europe from there ill try and latch onto someone with a bit more of an adventurous streak in them unless GazzaFish my main man wants me back.

[​IMG]
    Cloud-9 and RiderRick like this.
  17. toy4fun

toy4fun GET out of the way

Oddometer:
    Bacon is in the way!:lol3
  18. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Tis been awhile. Just wondering did he/she get abducted by restless natives, you tossed the pig on the bar b or got too close to some bubbling mud?
  19. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Keep it down or you'll wake my sweetheart up, geez a pig cant even have a roll in the hay these days without being annoyed.

We have been bashing out the miles over here in NZ and camping in unpowered sites and department of conservation areas in the backwoods which means bugger all internet. Ill tell the fatman to snap a few more photos of me and the hotty together but for now it snuggle time so shut it :-)

[​IMG]
  20. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Great i take 5 minutes away to respond to you knuckleheads and Evs dead to the world I guess I'll just research our route a bit more :-)

[​IMG]
    RiderRick, GazzaFish and Grynch like this.