Around the world advrider mascot relay - Bacon's journey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GazzaFish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    I actually dont know what her screen name is in here ill message her and ask. She was only going to be in South Korea for a week then off the Vladivostok so im guessing shes been pretty busy with other stuff to worry about bacon. If you have Facebook her profile on there is On Her Bike. Shes certainly a beautiful amazing woman it was a real pleasure to have spent some time with her not to mention I have a real soft spot for the Polush girls of course :-)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=486995241330843&tsid=0.24670548271387815&source=typeahead
    GazzaFish likes this.
  2. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    I don't think she is on Adventure Rider.
  3. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hard to believe it's 6 years since Bacon was with me !

[​IMG]
    GazzaFish likes this.
  4. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Would be a shame for Bacon to vanish on his/her 10 anniversary. :(
  5. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK people the current Guinness book of records for "Most traveled Toy Mascot" is 636,714 Km's. Details here :- "The most travelled toy mascot is a bear called Raymondo, owned by ISPY (UK), who travelled 395,605 miles (636,714.8 km) from 27 September 2009 to 3 September 2010, passing through 6 continents and 35 countries on his journey. Raymondo accompanied airline crew members or sponsors and travelled with a suitcase of travel goodies, his passport and several changes of clothing. Each mile travelled by Raymondo was logged on a dedicated website together with a personal blog, pictures and witness statements. After visiting Aruba, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, Cuba, Cyprus, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, USA and Vietnam, Raymondo retired in Court Colman in South Wales. Raymondo was named after Ray Martin, the husband of ISPY founder Christine Martin."

What are our chances of beating this????
  6. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    I didn't see bacon in kinga's luggage pile leaving oz
    I can't recall if she's an inmate or not but she attended quite a few ADV events here in oz.
  7. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone, my apologies for the late post - I've been flat out with the preparations for the trip. Bacon and I were planning to go South Korea together but unfortunately we had slight technical problems. The company who was crating my bike forgot to put my riding gear AND Bacon in the crate. He's been posted to Vladivostok today so I should pick him up from there next week. I'll Keep you posted!
    K.
    adv1.jpg
    Abersouth, Wingfixer, ferals5 and 3 others like this.
  8. TowPro

Oddometer:
    Thank You for the reply :clap
    so I think your in South Korea
    and your heading to Vladivostok Russia
    are you riding there?
  9. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Ahahahahaha Kinga I knew you would forget something but you forgot your riding gear and Bacon thats pretty important stuff :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
    You have to look at the positives by the time you ride to Poland through Russia and Mongolia you will be a minimalist traveller, you will have lost everything. :lol2:lol2 :lol2
  10. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I knew you gonna give me a hard time Sheldon :zilla :2cryIt wasn't my fault, I swear!
  11. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just started RTW trip on 800GS, in next few months I'll be travelling through Russia, Mongolia, Stans to Europe. I'll be arriving to Vladivostok on 24/4 and hopefully my gear and Bacon will be there by then. I'll keep you updated :)
  12. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, I've got great news! My gear and Bacon have finally arrived to Vladivostok and we're about to start our journey together :clap:clap:clap We'll be riding through Siberia for about 10 days and then we'll enter Mongolia. I'll keep you posted :rofl

gear2.png
    Clampett, GazzaFish, pebble35 and 5 others like this.
  13. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
  14. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Peeps, we're back!
    Bacon and I are still in Russia. I've done about 4000 km and in a couple of days we'll be crossing the Mongolian border. Here's what we've been up to so far!
    The Trans-Siberian road between Vladivostok and Ulan-Ude is a long stretch (3500 km) of uninhabited land with some stunning scenery

[​IMG]

Every now and then Bacon and I would have a romantic moment together

[​IMG]

The motorcycle community is very well organised in this region so we were staying with our new Russian mates. Sometime in their houses...

[​IMG]

Sometimes in the motorcycle club garages...

[​IMG]

They were very hospitable people. Bacon thoroughly enjoyed their company

[​IMG]

and he likes vodka ... a LOT!

[​IMG]

... and guns, he loves guns!
    [​IMG]

Once he was sober he had a go on a Ural too ...

[​IMG]
    Does anyone know when he last had a bath? I know he's a piggy but I was thinking he's way overdue for one, so before we left Sydney we made a deal – when we finally made it to Lake Baikal he would have a swim in the world's largest deepest, oldest and clearest lake. But we're having a slight issue here ...
    [​IMG]
  16. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Most excellent!!!

:clap :clap

:lurk
  17. TowPro

Oddometer:
    thanks for the update. He does look like he needs a bath :)
  18. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doesn't look like Bacon will get to Newfoundland any time soon.:lol3
  19. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Great to see some updates from Bacon!

Bacon's last bath was probably back in 2015 when we introduced him to the thermal spas of Rotorua:

[​IMG]

...so the chilly waters of Baikal could come as a bit of a shock :lol3

Cheers
    Clint
    Coho911 and GazzaFish like this.
  20. Queen of Cool

Queen of Cool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello peeps. It's been a while! Bacon and I have been very busy since our last update. We made it through Mongolia safely. Bacon enjoyed the landscape as much as chilling with the locals.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I was still trying to convince Bacon to have a bath! Lucky for him here was no water around!

[​IMG]

After 3.5 weeks in Mongolia we headed to Kazakhstan. We've visited Charyn Canyon and some high-altitude lakes...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

… where we met the guys from XT Adventures – a couple who's planning to travel around the world for the next 3 years. And I thought the time had come – after 3 months and 11 000km together, Bacon and I need to go our separate ways now. And though it's a sad moment for me to let him go… he seems to be happy about it! He'll be joining XT Adventures on their travels through China, Pakistan and India.

[​IMG]

So long Bacon – I'm going to miss you very much. Good luck on your travels Xenia and Martin!

K.