Around the World and beyond.......Rad_venture

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by cejnys, Sep 26, 2014.

1. BillUA

BillUA Las Vegas, NV

Oddometer:
    Awesome ending to your report!
    cejnys likes this.
  2. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Rad. Next Africa with brother Ed?
  3. tsiklonaut

tsiklonaut the (in)famous boxer perv

Oddometer:
    Rad, one ending is another beginning. With your attitude I am sure you'll have lots of it more in life.

It was great to have you here in humble Estonia with a rare Chinese rider:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Margus & Kariina (& Neemo)
  4. Balanda

Balanda Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to see you’ve made it home safely Rad. Thanks for your fantastic story and it was good to meet you, cheers mate
    cejnys likes this.
  5. Motoman66

Motoman66 n00b

Oddometer:
    That was a great RR. I have been following it for the last 3 years and you went through a lot in your RTW. Particularly enjoyed India and Australia. I am in Houston too riding a humble Versys but glad to ride with you someday in Texas or listen to your RTW stories. Big Bend and Austin area have nice curves. I am European same as you. Same nationality as Bike showned on my Avatar ! Pielsner Urquel is on me.
    cejnys likes this.
  6. radmann10

radmann10 Fred

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rad for taking us along!
    cejnys likes this.
  7. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Epic! Simply E P I C!
    Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I’ll look forward to your next adventure. Welcome home!
    cejnys likes this.
  8. Grog

Grog Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    Good stuff mate...

Privileged to have spent some time with you.

Greg
    cejnys likes this.
  9. XTWalt

XTWalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still can't believe that you swam out to that glacier...
  10. forgorin

forgorin Stuck in Japan

Oddometer:
    Took me 3 days of reading. WOW! Congratulations. Like others have said before me, loved reading your RR. I can see how you and ED are brothers! Looking forward to readng about your further adventures!!
    cejnys and flyingdutchman177 like this.
  11. Slick13

Slick13 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Well done Rad, what a momentous achievement; you should be rightly proud of what you've accomplished these past four years. And now you get to take stock and perhaps, before long, you'll be working on a new plan to entertain us...

Merry Christmas mate, welcome home.
    cejnys likes this.
  12. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you everyone who followed me for all your messages and comments, and mainly you guys who helped me on the way. You all rock and being part of the riding community feels absolutely amazing. I don't want to mention names, just in case I forget somebody; on the other hand, all of you who helped and hosted me, we are in touch, and you know how much I appreciate your help.

I have not been mentioning my family a lot during my RR; I believe only my dad reads this blog, rest of them don't know about it. I did not want them to be worried about me so I did not want them to read all the crazy stuff I do. This trip would never happen without an amazing support of my FAMILY. They were ALWAYS there to support me, and it made a huge difference. In the middle of the trip, I learned that since my dad was very young, he had a dream to travel around the world. Unfortunately most of his life he was living in a communist regime and could not travel. I could feel that he was living this trip around the world through me. Thank you DAD for everything you done for me!!!

[​IMG]

Shortly I would like to do a short video where I want to show my set up on the bike and share my experience with traveling essentials. I picked my kit carefully with the knowledge I had before the trip. Many things changed since then, but I must say that most of the parts did pretty amazing job during the whole 4 years trip. I have few recommendations I would like to share....so stay tuned

Also I have TONS of videos I would like to edit, give it a bit of explanation and share; right now its only raw footage which would not make much sense, if I share it. The only issue I have is my computer. Most of the videos were shot in HD quality and my current Mac doesn't have the performance I need for editing. I am hoping to start small "funding" campaign to raise little bit of money for a better laptop so I can edit and share pretty cool stuff.

I understand that this platform doesn't allow any commercial content and therefore I will be running it on my facebook page which is: The Ride is the Destination. If you use facebook you can follow me there.

Lats thing I want to mention is a little project I am working on with my brother Ed. I am not talking about Africa, that's already coming down the pike, this should be something absolutely new.....its inspired by our traveling experience. For now let's call it AdventureABC.
    JanSerce, Kona990, SmilinJoe and 17 others like this.
  13. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great job Rad and thanks for taking us along for the ride! Both you and your brother Ed do a fabulous job of adventure riding.
    cejnys likes this.
  14. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to getting our project started. I am sure people are interested in what RTW adventure riders do after they finish their trip and don't want to return to their former lives. And that means reinventing yourself.
    Advrider.com is a great website. And I can honestly say that it has gotten even bigger and better recently. But while many of the guys that have been running it have been sitting behind their computers, Rad and I were out exploring the world on our motorcycles. And during that time, we have learned a few things. There is one aspect that is sadly missing from Advrider.com and they can't and will never see it without the insight that we had. Get ready to shift into high gear.
    JanSerce, Kona990, SmilinJoe and 6 others like this.
  15. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m hoping this^ doesn’t have anything to do with a PayPal/donation button for a ride report:lurk

+1 on Rad being literally the coolest for swimming out to that glacier, I’m sure he is one of only a few in this World to go to that distance, it was an awesome photo :clap:clap:clap
  16. BarryB

BarryB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Crap, now I have to figure out facebook, which I have been avoiding like the plague!
    JanSerce, cejnys, Bt10 and 1 other person like this.
  17. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It has nothing to do with the solicitation of money.
    It is a business opportunity that we came up with and are working on.
    We are not ready to reveal what it is right now.
    And we won't be revealing it here in the ride reports on advrider as it is a clear violation of their rules.

+2 on the glacier swim. Besides being cold, it was also illegal.
  18. forgorin

forgorin Stuck in Japan

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the gear videos.
    cejnys likes this.
  19. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR, Rad, found you from Lalo's, and loved your stories.

In the gear write-up, pls also talk about your choice of m/c. Any thoughts of a different bike or happy with your choice? Your choice of m/c today if a do-over/re-start?

Thanks again!
    Mike B.
    cejnys and flyingdutchman177 like this.
  20. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Thailand Bike and Brewery tours? :photog If so I'm in.
    Already watching Ed on FB now Rad as well!!!
    Thanks!