Around the World and beyond.......Rad_venture

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by cejnys, Sep 26, 2014.

1. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Africa is definitely on the list :)
    JanSerce, Romero and MaNDan like this.
  2. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys for all your help and dropping these photos here. Huge CONGRATULATIONS to your new adventure!!! It looks like you have to add small sidecar to your bulletproof beemer :D
    tsiklonaut likes this.
  3. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey mate! Great hearing from you!! How is your South American adventure going?
  4. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for everything Greg!! You made the Australian ride very special!! Without your knowledge and recommendations I would probably be already dead :D
    I hope we can meet again and explore Australia on small bikes.....I love my 990 but your 450 is just perfect!
  5. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thank you mate.....yeah it was one of the most amazing experience from this trip. There is interesting story behind the shot plus there is a video of me going to the glacier and back.

This is a little reminder of the swim; the glacier wall behind me is about 90m tall.

[​IMG]
    JanSerce, SmilinJoe, MaNDan and 4 others like this.
  6. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You should have taken a photo of you riding the duck shaped iceberg while you were out there
  7. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I wanted to do that, but very shortly after standing up I realized it is not going to happen. The glacier ice was very sharp, slippery and it was moving quite a bit.
  8. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    Wow - has it really been four years? Amazing.

I'm really looking forward to what you and Ed have cooked up in addition to your Africa ride.

Welcome Home.

jdg
    cejnys likes this.
  9. Thomas B.

Thomas B. desert racer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rad, got a Question. PM send.
    Cheers Thomas
    cejnys likes this.
  10. ElwoodBlues

ElwoodBlues Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Amazing trip, took me about a week to read youre whole rr ;). I’ll be looking forward aswell to a possible Afrika trip!

What brand is the screen you are using?
    cejnys likes this.
  11. MaNDan

MaNDan 'Old Japanese cycles & '26Chevy truck

Oddometer:
    Congratulations Rad. I have been reading both your and Ed's RR forever. Can't truly express my appreciation with mere words. You guys are amazing! Now I will have to activate my Facebook account.

The Ride is the Destination. WoW!
  12. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No worries Thomas, I hope I could help you little bit. I would definitely take your bikes to Australia, its 100% worthy of the cleaning effort.
    Thomas B. likes this.
  13. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey mate, glad you enjoyed the RR. The screen is from Rade Garage - I believe they are from Czech and ship everywhere around the world. I liked it a lot because it improved air flow around my helmet and also I gained quite a bit of space behind the screen for my GPS.
    ElwoodBlues likes this.
  14. photomd

photomd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just want to say thanks for posting this report. I've read it on and off for 3+ years and while I wouldn't trade being a husband and father for anything, your report illustrates the level of adventure that can found...what a great read. Thanks again.
    cejnys likes this.
  15. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adventure bike has to have many qualities that are appreciated especially when things don't go as planned; being able to sort out a puncture in very remote location (without phone signal to call for help) is one of these important things.

I just want to share how easy it is to do it on Vespa; great thing is that you are already taking a spare wheel with you, so when you get puncture you just swap them. This time I was also rotating the tires, putting the front one to the back and the reserve vent to front. All this happened at the most southern point of the New Zealand's South Island.....Slope Point

16. Francistor83

Francistor83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't believe it's already been 4 years, congratulations! Any tip on similar rides/riders we should follow to tackle the addiction to Ed/Rad's reports?
    cejnys and Lopburi like this.
  17. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, just in case you are living somewhere close to H-town and want to meet up and listen few stories. Its going to be a short version but still loads of fun.

I have been approached by Houston BMW Club to do a presentation about my ride; it has been said may times before, now I'm slowly starting to understand why people rater buy BMW for adventure riding....and its not about the bike

[​IMG]
  18. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah 4 years went pretty fast; it happens when we are having fun! The only rider I am following is my brother Ed; he still has few story lines going right now. As I said previously I will be trying to edit all the videos I made, it will be loads of fun, I just need quite a bit faster computer.
    JanSerce, Francistor83 and RiderRick like this.
  19. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally I had a chance to put my travel map together.......this is how 4 years and more than 160.000 km looks like

Its VERY obvious what has to happen next!! There are few large white spots which should be colored with red ink.

Dreaming is huge and quite enjoyable stage of every adventure

[​IMG]
    DaleE, SmilinJoe, RiderRick and 10 others like this.
  20. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    Magadan comes to mind. ROB perhaps?
    RiderRick and cejnys like this.