Around the World Ed-Venn-ture, the next 800 days

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    Welcome back Ed, that was quite an adventure.

Looking at that map, for all your travels, there is still a TON left for you to explore. Hoping you can "refill" the accounts and do another lap in the future. I'd like to see you tour the other countries in South America, ride Iceland to Magadan, and do a Aussie/Tasmanina/ NZ loop. Looking forward to the "next" 800 days trip!
  2. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Note to self.........."Never go back to Tulsa OK." :-)
  3. Wimke1971

Wimke1971 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ed, congratulations with everything you did on those 5 and a half years on the road!
    You were and are an amazing guy with the heart on the right place!
    Thanx for the 3 times we met up in Belgium and even in America! It was amazing! My wife and kids are still asking what you are doing and where you are! You made a real great impression on them! Live your dreams, don't dream your life like most of us!

You still have some stuff here, so we all want you to come back :)
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  4. tankhead

tankhead Path less traveled

Oddometer:
    Wonderful report. Followed you through it all. Enjoy being home. Thanks for your time in posting all of the travels. I know it takes allot of time. Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers!
  5. Canadatriumphrider

Canadatriumphrider Old guy on a young bike

Oddometer:
    Congratulations Ed. Can't believe I have been reading your reports for 5 years. What am I going to do tomorrow when I get to the office.....work I guess.:lol3
    DrSmooth, VisionPilot and cejnys like this.
  6. redwine65

redwine65 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let the good times roll!
  7. Travelin

Travelin Travelin'Girl

Oddometer:
    I love this photo..... S California still has a few good souls around, Men and women. Huge props to you! Can't wait to catch up in person next week.
  8. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Great seeing you at my Homecoming show on Saturday. Glad to see there is still one girl that followed me to the end.
    See you when I am back from Baja. I am going to see if Triple J can come too.
    Leaving today to go run chase for a Chris Haines team in the Baja 1000 next week.
  9. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rest up, bathe in some of your laurels and get settled in on prepping for your next leg. I'm prepped and awaiting.
  10. Kostya

Kostya Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Curious if your father delivered the infamous line, “You can do anything in life you want, as long as you’re willing to pay the price”?
  11. C5dad

C5dad Man on the Run!

Oddometer:
    I am in deep denial that Lalo's Edventures are done. A trip well done and two great ride reports. Here's to you Ed!

BTW- will the tours in Thailand include string bracelets?
    VisionPilot and MNMade like this.
  12. Normlas

Normlas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations and thank you so much for taking us along Lalo - I've been with since you were in South America and really enjoyed your edventure and your style.
    You have been a huge inspiration to me, in fact I have finally pulled the trigger on my own trip and will arrive in LA from New Zealand next week, to pick up my sight-unseen bike and head South.
    Link here if you're interested, had a bit of a rough start already......

Thank you so much!
  13. BruceT

BruceT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats Ed, it's been a fantastic read for the last 5 years...but that leads to my next conundrum....what do I do at work on Monday :(...oh, I know, do more research for my motorbike trip in Vietnam in February...thanks for the "ride" !
  14. John Nash

John Nash Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    I was there in 2000 with my buddy Jeff who was stationed in Germany / Army, K town. I rode his 1984 K100 and Jeff his 1998 K1100RS. We did 12 Baltic countries in 8 days. We stayed in a pension over looking this Lake Bled. Spectacular place to stop. Jeff brought his wife Teresa back there a few times. Great memories!
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  15. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Glad to see people still catching up with my Edventures now that I am done with this chapter.
    The Baja 1000 starts in about 4 hours.
    I am here, chasing for one of Chris Haines' teams.
    45X is one of his teams and they are leading in the points. If they come in first or second, they will win the overall SCORE championship for the bikes. Now won't that be something!
    And in a couple of hours, I will be running down to La Paz to watch it all happen!

[​IMG]
  16. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool Ed! I believe you will get new readers and questions for years to come.:clap I also suspect it won't be the end of your travels:ear
    JJ
  17. xmonger

xmonger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats Ed! Going to the moon and climbing the Seven Summits is a breeze compared to what you have accomplished.

Thanks for taking us along for the most incredible ride ever.
    #1Fan likes this.
  18. Bmcush

Bmcush Wildman

Oddometer:
    Incredible looking machines. They look like 650's and I thought everyone was moving to the 450's?
  19. #1Fan

#1Fan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still living the dream, I see. :photog:photog:photog
  20. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Team Bremen Haines - 45x - first overall in the bikes in this year's running of the Baja 1000 and the 2017 Score Champions.
    Pretty damn awesome for this hardworking independent team and a long time in the making
    Next year, they will carry the 1x plate.
    Great job all!
    So happy to be a part of it!

[​IMG]