Around the World in 800 Days

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twflybum

twflybum Prodigal Biker

Oddometer:
    +1

In the event shirt production gets up and running..
  2. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    I love Ed's report and l hope he posts up the stats on his 'donations'.

He has been open about everything and if we are going to be asked to pay, we should get to see the numbers.

I am skeptical that many of the inmates will search for a new source of entertainment as Ed is not the first with this idea...l think my first attraction to advrider was a thread called Quit my Job and Going for a Ride in 2007. The author asked for money when it ran out and the followers dissapated pretty fast.

More to come...

Ed earns...
    Ed sells Mercedes 500sl?
    Ed sells bikes collection?
    Ed sells wine cellar?
    Ed gets donation from me?
  3. luckychucky

luckychucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    I say he has a hell of an ED cheerleader. Good job. Good luck.
  4. GSBruce

GSBruce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll keep watching occasionally - for free. It is nearly impossible not to watch a train wreck. The retinue of passionate fanboy koolaid-drinkers bleating in the background makes it even more entertaining. If only Ed would post some bikini photos of QHFAN2.
  5. G-Mac

G-Mac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ed Stay away from Mexico for a while. Nederland Hup Hup
  6. hosertp

hosertp Adnauseam Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ed stopped by my house because I invited him:
    He ate delivered food
    He slept on a couch
    I woke him up the next morning because I needed to use my office
    I didn't offer him a shower as the house is under construction and the shower is gross
    He was always respectful to my wife and guest
    I never asked him to tell me stories, it was up to him to share, so I have no inner circle knowledge
    He never said a negative comment
    I don't know what he thinks of us, or what he expected, but I and my wife felt like we had spent a night with a good friend without any expectations
    I wish him all the best and Tam too.
    hosertp
    :clap
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  7. snooter

snooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    seriously?..i read most all your stuff on here and like your approach to life..but donating money for someone to become a life long member of the FSA is maybe not such a good idea?..you also believe if I give money I have no say where that money goes or is not my business?..i dunno but with that attitude we end up with 3 cents given to those in need and the rest gone to line somebodys pocket and when we ask we are told FO...for this reason I buy food (etc) for the local homeless so I know where my money goes..
  8. RoosterMan

RoosterMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You dudes can bitch, moan, and complain about Ed all you want, sitting behind the screen in your concrete prison from the comfort of your recliner. Question his methods all you want but it all boils down to one simple fact; he has the balls to do what most only dream about doing and has spent 2 freakin years doing whatever the fuck he wanted to do. It's all too easy to sit back and call him a dumb-ass, poser, punk, whatever, but he has/is doing what less than 1% of the people that frequent this website will ever do. He's a RTW adventurer.

If you want to support him, do so and pay a website fee or buy a T-shirt (I will). And if you don't like him, then do us all a favor and quit reading this thread.

I feel fairly confident in saying that there is no train wreck coming (maybe a derailment or two) because Ed has proven he is resourceful and is a survivor. I think those of us that choose to do so will continue to read about his Edventures for years to come. The haters can go pound sand for all I care and please quit trying to ruin a great ride report with your jealousy induced bile swill. You reap what you sew.
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  9. DeeJay Rider

DeeJay Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Lalo,

Thanks for all the hard work you put into your ride report, the information and entertainment value is priceless.

I really enjoy the beer and wine reviews. From you, I learned about some exceptional products which have since given me great pleasure.

Reading along with your "Ed"ventures especially during the winter months has raised my spirits and encouraged me to embark on my own adventures and to hell with what others may say about it.

I want to wish you the best of luck on your adventures, wherever they may lead.

Cheers,

David
  10. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:
    Yea, screw all you self righteous pricks!!!! I'm sorry to those of you who aren't, but I would bet my life savings the vast majority of the people crying about Ed's methods are conservative republican freaks... Wasn't going to go political but I'm drunk at the moment and feel like speaking the truth.... Ed you're fine in my book. Ill see you out there soon enough I hope... I'll buy wine, beer, bourbon or whatever if I'm not broke when we meet and asking other kind people for help myself.... I hope to god we meet and party one night, then ride off the hangover the next day....
  11. 70East

70East Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I'm conservative republican military and I'm all about (and everyone I know) helping a brother out. As far as I'm concerned he's earned it, he's givin me plenty to read. Especially in times where I was not in so good of places, he mentally gave me a way out. So he's earned a few bottles of decent wine from me anyway. Hell, I went and found Chimay in Korea, because of him.
  12. DeeJay Rider

DeeJay Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    :lurk

13. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:
    Hey 70 I did preface my post with an apology to those of you who arent nutz... LOL Please... Im a little of both myself, nutz and liberal and a bit conservative on some things. I have just had trying times lately with the conservative agenda... Like I said again sorry to go there, Just a bit drunk and sensitive... You couldn't possibly be a true conservative tho with such a rational response to me (a drunk Liberal) LOL LOL LOL
  14. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:
    LOVE... My 500th post so why not????
  15. snooter

snooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    if he is hungry i would feed him..if he needs a lil gas in the cycle i would give him my spare fuel..but i am not going to purchase the booze for him...he can get a job for that,,
  16. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:

Great, buy him some gas then...
  17. 70East

70East Been here awhile

Oddometer:

LOL, that's funny, I'm having the same trying times with some of the liberal agenda. But no apology needed, I'll drink with anyone. It's all cool, no worries. But I wish the nay sayers would exit, or in Army speak, pop smoke, draw fire, beat feet!!
  18. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:
    If only Washington was as rational as us... Thanks 70, it really does feel good to realize common ground... Thats what this country is really supposed to be after all... UNITED...
  19. rossphoto

rossphoto GDTRFB

Oddometer:
    ED where you at????? Get this RR back on track....
  20. MaNDan

MaNDan 'Old Japanese cycles & '26Chevy truck

Oddometer:
    [Q: Ed is a RTW adventurer. If you want to support him, do so and pay a website fee or buy a T-shirt (I will). And if you don't like him, then do us all a favor and quit reading this thread. Q]

*I plan to subscribe to membership in the Inner Circle and will also buy a few T-shirts and any other products Tamara and Ed come up with.

* Hey BigFella, RoughRide, TonsOfFun, OldGirl, WannaBeButtRider, ValleyAm, GsBruce, BigMan73 and other Negs: Why don't you start your own "Save the World" thread and hopefully you will get a lot of subscribers. But please take your negative stuff elsewhere.

* I hate to dump a pint of cold sea water on any good idea, but Ed, when you provide a product, goods or service and take or receive $ for it, you have created a small business and are subject to all of the IRS rules and regulations. (They likely would be up your a$$ with a microscope) and likewise with the Calif state taxing agency. Maybe you can establish residency in Alaska or some other state. And in addition to the Federal/State income tax, there is the approximate 16% social security tax. So, talk to a good tax consultant before you take the next big step/s. :deal

Wishing you and Tamara the best!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.