Asia Cross Country Rally 2018

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Pilbara, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    Any one doing or following this Cross Country Rally starting in Pattaya on the 12th August?

I was keen to compete in it this year as I will be over in Vietnam at that time but missed the entry close off date. Was hard to get info on it for a while.

I am thinking of attending the start if possible to sus it out for next year, I see they do sidecars and always wanted to have a blast at that. I have a year to build one now I guess.

Looks like some nice country they will be travelling through gets close to the VN border on the penultimate stage so if the course whereabouts was known I would love to nip over the border and take a look at them flying past.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
    Kelvin
  2. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    Oh and BTW if anyone also has suggestions for GPS maps for the Vietnam/Cambodian area I would love to get suggestions; to go in a Garman 62s
  3. L0nerider

L0nerider 2003 XT600E

Oddometer:
    E Yorkshireman...divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    I can't specifically say for Vietnam and Cambodia but I used this for my Thailand and Laos trip and it was good.
    http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Download the maps you want and put them on an sd card to put in your device, if it takes them, I used the mapping on the Garmin Montana 600
    I also did all my route planning and POI's on Basecamp using this mapping.
  4. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
  5. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    I used these maps on a Garmin 60csx for Myanmar,Laos,Thailand,Cambodia and Malaysia. For free they are not too bad and combined with google maps and Maps.me on the phone I never got lost. Did have to double back sometimes because of dead end roads not being shown as such and not as much detail as I'd like but ok.
  6. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  7. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer: