Atlanta Dual Sport Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by srelegante, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Cevulirn

Cevulirn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't wait till the weather warms up a little, (50's) and my riding is more than commuting! Might even get to ride with some of ya.
  2. MrOdyssey

MrOdyssey Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. djminta

djminta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been a lurker here for a while, but now have the green light to join a ride. I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.
    Jim
  4. djminta

djminta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not feeling well this morning. I hope to join you on a future ride soon. Enjoy.
    :puke1
  5. Aonarch

Aonarch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I keep forgetting to come out to this...

Err.
  6. 175grams

175grams Old Town Outfitters, Antigua, Guatemala

Oddometer:
    Sounds great, looking forward to it!
  7. flyfire58

flyfire58 Put the monkey to it

Oddometer:
    Gonna check out the Skyline Rd running from roughly Piedmont, AL to Sylacauga, AL. Planning on leaving Scott's Chevron in Yorkville (between Dallas and Rockmart) at 0900 Sunday. 128 miles one way from Scott's to Sylacauga probably 3 to 1 paved country roads to FS dirt roads. I put this up on N GA DS on Facebook as well. Who's down?
  8. Beater

Beater The Bavarian Butcher

Oddometer:
    What's UP! When is the next 'meeting' at Zuffy's?

I NEED TO RIDE.
  9. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please look out for the next event-the response to this one has been overwhelming!

SE
  10. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    Howdy folks. Sorry if I'm cluttering up your thread but I figured you'd be the ones to ask.

I'm riding into town tomorrow (Fri) for a small event downtown and looking for the inside track on a decent place to stay that's close enough to the tabernacle to either walk back after or a short enough ride that isn't a mood killer in 35-40 degree weather. I haven't been downtown in about 8 years so don't have any real clue what's good, safe, and realistically priced ($28 bucks mandatory valet parking for a bike, really?)
  11. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why don't you hit up the Tent Space Map! If I weren't out of town you'd be staying at my house. Hotels downtown near the Tab are pricey, The Glenn is nice and there is a double-tree right there behind the Tab. I haven't personally stayed at any of them but have visited. The Glenn has a nice roof deck with a good view. But really there are so many right there, the omni, holiday inn exp....and on and on. Good luck!
  12. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try The Glenn downtown. Its just a few blocks away and has parking.
  13. 175grams

175grams Old Town Outfitters, Antigua, Guatemala

Oddometer:
    Completely agree, the ADV Tent Space map is awesome. I used it a ton on my last trip out to Baja. You meet great people and get local insight. There are four hosts listed close to the downtown area.
  14. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks! Went with the Glenn. Keep an eye out for the guy freezing on the black/white F650.
  15. 2bsure

2bsure n00b

Oddometer:
    hi,
    Anyone in this group still meet for rides or meet at Zuffy's for dinner? Took a class on Wednesday nights for several months and lost contact.

Hope all is well,
    Gary
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC
  16. Thunder-dog

Thunder-dog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan on riding my 990 this pm North GA around 1:00 to 5:00 or so. Pavement and some FS roads. Anyone interested let me know! I live SE of Canton and will start from there.
    Lee 7703311953
  17. srelegante

Oddometer:
    We are headed up to Western NC this weekend. All road ride, nothing technical.

We are staying at the Fontana Village Inn

http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/lodge.html

All skill levels welcome, as well as significant others. Drop me a PM if you are interested. Most of us are headed up Friday lunch and coming back Sunday. Some are headed up Saturday am.

SE
  18. flyfire58

flyfire58 Put the monkey to it

Oddometer:
    Going to explore the Talledega NF north of I-20 tomorrow. Planning on branching off the Skyline road onto some of the other fs/cr/jeep trail. Leaving Scott's chevron in Yorkville at 10 am if you want to meet up. Also posted this on the NGDSR facebook page.
  19. srelegante

Oddometer:
    We had a great time this weekend in NC.

Stayed at the Fontana Village Inn http://www.fontanavillage.com/ - great place!

Also burned up a tire-these folks got me fixed up in a hurry, for a very fair price.

Wheeler's Performance
    2035 Tapoco Road
    Rt. 129, 2 miles north of Robbinsville, NC 28771.

Stop in and tell them Curt with the black Tiger said hey!

Hope to post some pics later.

SE
  20. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    if anyone is interested, I'm meeting a buddy or two at Twains in Decatur thursday night. I know in the past they have had a bike night on Thursdays and have no idea if they are still doing that but I plan to ride. I"m sure it'll be chilly but no big deal I don't get to ride the SE-R that often on the street. :)

http://www.twains.net

I"ll be there around 7-7:30 (just before dark I think) and will hang out for a couple of hours. Look for a KTM 950 Super Enduro and riding gear (probably something hi-vis). I think FriedDuck and his 690 will join me if it's running and possibly some others. Will cross post in a few places. :evil