Atlanta to Florida Dual Sport Route

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by craftycoder, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was always there, just did a quick search and posted the new link. Lots of good stuff on DSM!
  2. RockBreaker

RockBreaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Athens, TN...The best riding area ever!!!
    I got the tracks loaded from page #1 after about 1.5 hours of fiddling, I think a few of us are going to try to do this as a winter ride sometime in January, little bikes, probably camping. coming down from E Tenn. expect to do the whole trip in maybe 3 days... Dirthammer your welcome to hook up with us...
  3. DragonJoe

DragonJoe Don’t know whatcha don’t know

Oddometer:
    Keep updating your plans. I’ll be in Georgia this winter and was planing to do this ride solo from near Macon. Shake down runs for the TAT in July. Would join you if your up for that and timing could work.
  4. DragonJoe

Oddometer:
    Rode this solo on DR650 from Ocala Fl north to Macon on the east side and back on the western route. From GA border north it was alot of very quiet tar roads and no cars. South on the western side was alot of remote sand and dirt roads. forest plantations and farm country. Camping options are limited to wild camping. Two reroutes due to wash outs and road repair.. definitely recommend the trip. Liked the west the best.
  5. Chrisjames654

Chrisjames654 n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been trying to find this map but have been unable to. All the links for the dualsport.com do not work. Does anyone have a map they could post up here?
  6. DragonJoe

Oddometer:
    Tried this?..... https://dualsportmaps.com/showMap?dsmMapId=DB68F0E8-CFD4-4EA4-9F03-A1CC5548C4AB

also look near bottom of page 4 where craftycoder posted a GPX file link. Some map apps won’t work. I used OSMAND Android.
    Worked for me last year. Rode from Ocala to Macon a do back. Fun.
  7. Chrisjames654

Chrisjames654 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the help DragonJoe! I didnt realize I needed it on my phone, I've downloaded OSMAND and it pulled right up.
  8. DragonJoe

Oddometer:
    Fantastic! I’ll be snooping around the general area this winter.
  9. sgroover

sgroover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but does everyone recommend to buy OSMAND, or will the free version work okay? Downloaded it last night (free) and wanted to get your input
  10. DragonJoe

Oddometer:
    I think there may be a OSMand thread on advrider somewhere but this is the little I know re: your question. The biggest advantage to buying is the unlimited map download vs 7 for the free. The free also does not have the POI files. It’s worth the purchase and it helps support the community that creates the maps and keeps them updated.