Atlanta to Knoxville Best Routes

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Doug Fremder, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Doug Fremder

Doug Fremder 2017.5 BMW R1200GS Triple Black

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

I will be riding back to Louisville from Atlanta after Moto America weekend at Barber Motorsports Park in September. I have an entire day following the race on Sunday to get to Knoxville and was looking for any local knowledge on routes. I am comfortable with 300 mile days, riding a R1200GS on all paved roads. Any information you can share is appreciated. Thanks, Doug
  2. Turtletownman

Turtletownman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I 285 to 400N at end, continue north on Gold Mine Road to dead end. Left to dead end right on GA 60 to Suches (TWoS). Continue north through Morganton and cross 515. At the state line McCaysville/Copperhill it beomes TN 68. Follow it through Turtletown, Tellico and Sweetwater where it hits 75 to Knoxville.

My Barber route follows 411 out of Leeds. In Fairmont take 53 east and turn left at signs about Carters lake. I think it's 136 ends up at 515 at Talking Rock and then north on the four lane to McDonalds in Blue Ridge. Left on 5 to the three way stop and 68 north.
  3. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    At Tellico Plains you can turn right on TN 165 for a mile to a left on TN 360. Follow that to US411 at Vonore. Turn Right and follow the signs north to Knoxville.
  4. KYwoodsrider

KYwoodsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If your going to Louisville consider staying on 68 after you pass Tellico Planes. Cross over I75, and continue on 68.
    You will pass over Watts Bar Lake, Spring City and continue on to Crossville, TN. Great ride thru here.
    Pick up 127 in Crossville, continue on to Jamestown, TN, Pall Mall (home of the Alvin C York Historic Park which is pretty cool) and cross over Lake Cumberland. When you get to Jamestown, KY you have some options at that point on getting to Louisville.
    I take this route most of the time I travel from Lawrenceburg, KY to the Fontana - Cherahala area
  5. Doug Fremder

Doug Fremder 2017.5 BMW R1200GS Triple Black

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thanks everyone for your input. Cannot wait for spring...glad I took advantage of the winter season to plan a few trips of which I'm looking forward to.