Atlanta to Newfoundland/Nova Scotia July 2008

Discussion in 'Americas' started by riceburner30281, Nov 27, 2007.

1. riceburner30281

riceburner30281 misADVenturer

Oddometer:
    I am headed up the ECD aka heart of the appalachian mountains (W N.C., Va., W Va., Md., Penn.) then hanging a right to NYC for a few days and then up through New England and Acadia National Park on my way to to Quebec and perhaps Newfoundland before doing a lap around Nova Scotia,then headed back by way of Montreal and Niagra Falls Mid June or Early July, I'm contemplating Doing a shakedown cruise to hot springs N.C.in mid May for the annual ADV eastern rendevous, thats about a 650 mile round trip from here, on my way home from Montreal this summer I am going to attempt an Iron Butt Bun Burner (1500 miles in 36 hours)or at least a Saddle Sore (1000 miles in 24 hours) I will probably take a "weeStrom" for the sake of gas mileage and tire wear, but I have toyed with the idea of taking the mighty Fz1..

Looking for support in the form of lodging and fridge space, step up!
  2. davidvan

davidvan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great read about your plans. Get to the ROCK!! Worth every bit of the trip and consider some great camping or B&B's..

I'll be out that way too in the late July/Aug timeframe..
    Its all back roads for me.. cross country and GPS..

Catch the ferry to either Port aux Bas or Argentia and take the ride around the rock, then catch the ferry on the other side..

Cheers
  3. riceburner30281

riceburner30281 misADVenturer

Oddometer:
    It's an open ride, I often meet up and stay with people on the road (inmates of the ADVrider community, CouchSurfers and the Motorcycle Travel Network) and I am trying to get some of my riding buddies to do a 3 day ride to Western North Carolina(Best Roads I've ridden) on the front end of the trip, and then head Northward via the Eastern Continental Divide when they turn back toward Atlanta.

I try and seek out the most scenic and twistiest roads with google earth when planning my trip, and ride 350/500 miles a day.. anybody who can keep up is welcome to ride along for all or a portion of the trip, I will be utilizing the aforementioned websites as much as possible and camping when neccessary.. peace Dch
  4. Kelevra

Kelevra Banned

Oddometer:
    If I'm around the time that you'll be doing the ride you're welcome to set up a tent at my house. I might be able to swing the guest room, but no promises.
  5. mechnoman

mechnoman wrenchn

Oddometer:
    Good trip did the west side..be sure to blast over to the Cabot Trail on your return from the rock..stay at the Hide-away campground...dont miss Meat Cove great chowder..at the HUT