ATR/Az Bike Week Dualsport, March 28th

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by F_G, Jan 13, 2009.

1. F_G

F_G new2ds

Oddometer:
    Alrighty then..........here's the link to the Az Bike Week Dualsport event, registration should be up around the middle of February. Click on the link and then click on the "Sat. 3-28" tab. http://www.azbikeweek.com/2009gtr.htm

This is the 3rd annual for this event and we have worked hard at getting recognition that it's not all about the Harley and leather crowd (although leather against bare skin:eek1 ........nevermind:rolleyes) so come on out for a terrific ride, a route that is an absolute blast and meet up with some other dualsport enthusiasts. This years route starts in Mayer with lunch in Jerome, gas stop in Cottonwood, across I-17 and back to Cordes, figure on around 130 miles.

Unfortunately North Valley Honda & Kawasaki had to withdraw as the event sponsor. But, GOAZ, a BMW, Ducati, Honda, etc. shop has generously stepped up to the plate in a big way. Please be sure and visit their shop and thank them, they put up a nice chunk of change to make this event a reality.
  2. F_G

F_G new2ds

Oddometer:
    Mark your calendars, the 28th of March. The route is really a lot of fun. Oh, and NightStalker is helping put some of the Hero sections together:huh .
  3. glnn313

glnn313 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    are they letting terry decide if it is big bike friendly.i bet we can get rattlecan to trailer the xr behind the harley the whole way
  4. redeye-az

redeye-az Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    he would then qualify for the 5RH Society N.T.Q. on technicalities.....db
  5. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Oh man he trailed it all z way to Flag.:wink: . R u in Glenn for this one ?? i am 99.999% in .
  6. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    Sounds like fun and with enough notice ! I hope you don't mind but I copied your post and cross posted it in the S/W section of the KLR650.net forum. :deal

I know the Beemer guys hate having KLR's around to show them up but we all have to learn to get along.....:lol3

( hey...I'm an ex-Beemer owner X2)
  7. phxman

phxman "Rocks are my Friends"

Oddometer:
    Just a quick update to let folks know additional details (mileages, Checkin Times, etc...) about this ride have been posted on the Arizona Bike Week website listed above.

Fyi, the start/end location has changed to Mayer Az.

Online Registration will be starting soon so stay tuned.
  8. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    We were out on a recon ride today getting mileage and checking turns. I took a picture or two. I doubt the mountains will be snowcapped by the end of next month, but you never know!

Mill (KLR650) and I were assigned to ride the Adventure route.

[​IMG]

It was mostly easy, graded, dirt roads.

[​IMG]

Lots of snow in Cherry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I caught this guy trying to steal by bike while my back was turned.

[​IMG]

<object width=640 height=480><param name="movie" value="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=aT00NzQ0NjQ0MzAmaz1QSlNUQSZhPTczNjk3NjlfaVpjZkgmdT1OaWdodHN0YWxrZXImZT0x" /><embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" flashVars="s=aT00NzQ0NjQ0MzAmaz1QSlNUQSZhPTczNjk3NjlfaVpjZkgmdT1OaWdodHN0YWxrZXImZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Arizona Trail Riders RULE!!

[​IMG]
  9. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    I don't know what that means, but if it don't kill you, I bet it makes you stronger. :deal :lol3
  10. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Because of the snow, we stayed off Mingus Mountain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These snow capped peaks were a little farther north than we would be heading today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you're ever in Cottonwood and are looking for something to eat, I recommend Randells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hit some mud by the end of the day.

[​IMG]
  11. redeye-az

redeye-az Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that would be:
    Ride to the Ride, Ride the Ride, Ride home,
    No Trailer Queens........
    feel better now ?:rofl ...........redeye......db
  12. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Did I forget the water crossing? Shame on me!

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NDc0NDc0MjgyJms9WHBvQzImYT03MzY5NzY5X2laY2ZIJnU9TmlnaHRzdGFsa2Vy" /><embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NDc0NDc0MjgyJms9WHBvQzImYT03MzY5NzY5X2laY2ZIJnU9TmlnaHRzdGFsa2Vy" width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
  13. phxman

Oddometer:
    Hey All,

Registration is now open for the ride. Just click on the link below, then click on the "Sat. 3-28" tab. The link to online registration is in the Dual Sport ride description.

Entry fee is $55.00 and includes lunch, gps tracklogs, and rollchart. We are limiting the event to 125 riders so don't dilly dally around. You can enter the day of the event but it is first come first enter until we reach the 150 mark.

www.azbikeweek.com/2009gtr.htm<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  14. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Where is the meet spot? Any particular place in Mayer? The HD shop maybe?
  15. phxman

Oddometer:
    The ride starts, and ends, at the Mayer Recreation Center across the street from the Fire Station. Thought about the HD dealer but this is really not an HD kind of ride :evil
  16. phxman

Oddometer:
    Good news.......bad news

Bad news is that North Valley has withdrawn as the event sponsor.

Good news is the folks at GoAz Motorcycles (www.goaz.com) have generously stepped up to the plate to takeover Sponsorship of this event! We are very lucky to have motorcycle enthusiasts like the team at GoAz on board and if you like dualsport/Adventure riding, its hard to find a better motorcycle than a BMW.

Please join the Arizona Trail Riders in welcoming GoAz motorcycles to Arizona Bike Week :clap
  17. F_G

F_G new2ds

Oddometer:
    The route is a blast, the scenery spectacular (bring a camera) lunch stop is cool. This looks to be a heck of an event, don't miss it!

This ride is fully endorsed by Nightstalker and his 950.........
    [​IMG]
  18. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    That's one handsome guy!

19. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    We finished off the mileage for the event today. It was my first time on Mingus Mountain and it is spectacular!!

We staged at the Gas Gas dealer in Cherry. Yes, that is what trees look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Heading up Mingus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still some snow left in the dark places.

[​IMG]

They were watching us from above. We had to hide under the trees.

[​IMG]