Attempted Hijacking yesterday

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by gaiaRTW, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    Lets all hope that hayseed never takes the time to vote. Procreation is unavoidable as a dipshit like that only has just enough brains to screw.
  2. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    Please tell me you have video.....
    Sal Pairadice likes this.
  3. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:

:imaposer
  4. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    ...but no/far less investigations/prosecutions happening. Going to get worse before it gets better.
  5. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Cameras don’t keep you safe. They record the event.
    concours likes this.
  6. echo15

echo15 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The one time I was robbed, a handgun would not have saved me. I looked up to already see a 45 (I think it was a 45.... it looked bigger to me in that situation. LOL) pointed at me. Unless I was faster than Quick Draw McGraw, a sidearm would not have helped me. I handed over my wallet and shut up.
  7. ManWithHat

ManWithHat I don't like hats.

Oddometer:
    I didn't carry a pistol for years. Decided to on a whim. Maybe it would be safer, I figured. Took all the courses, though none were necessary where I live, did a lot of practice, used to shoot so much I started reloading to save money. Got more guns, carried all the time. But I started noticing I was not listening to the internal voice of "this isn't a safe situation. Walk away." Found that my attitude to carrying was making me less likely to walk away from odd situations or uncomfortable situations, few as they might have been. False bravado.

Quit carrying for a long time, felt no more or less safe. But found myself far more in tune to avoiding bad situations. This isn't going to apply to everyone. But I think it's a risk of carrying people need to be acutely aware of. Took a trip this summer across country. Stopped in a city to get gas. Nothing odd until I noticed the cars, the people, the interactions they had with each other. This was not a good place to be, and someone was watching me. Casing me. I did have a gun with me at the time, but accessing it with motorcycle gloves on, with gear on, it's not very easy. I ended up leaving without an issue, but I'm glad I listened to the "GTFO" voice because there was very much a predatory vibe going on. Had I remained, I think I might not have a motorcycle or my property.

Point is -- you sometimes start to make stupid decisions when you're armed. You might think you're better off, better protected, but are you remaining in situations that you should leave? Really be honest. It's a bigger risk than people give credit to, and you need to be vigilant for your mindset.
  8. Schlug

Schlug JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    You are dumb.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.