ATTN: WI, where are you?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by yellow, Oct 24, 2005.

1. nitrodrip777

nitrodrip777 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Cannonshot.

I have done the Lakewood tour route that you had posted. I had a pretty good time running that route this October. Ive been looking to do the Marinette County ride you had posted as well. I think my biggest confusion is figuring out what trail systems are open to Motorcycles either that be street legal or limited. I went up to Marinette County to ride part of the provided track you had posted but found that their maps said the trails were closed to motorcycle use, however when I looked over the OHM DNR site it came up as a place open to street legal bikes. I also contacted the Forestry Department and they said they were open to street legal. Just confused on the signage they had posted over in that area.
  2. nitrodrip777

nitrodrip777 n00b

Oddometer:
    9Realms likes this.
  3. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Here is the Rustic Road info and picture-posting-info thread as it runs within ADV:

Other links, many pictures and files mentioned within...

https://advrider.com/f/threads/wi-rustic-road-century.312974/

---

And some additional info. about the patch-program from the State of Wisc., as it is something that has some mention or intent behind it for motorcyclists. :-)

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/travel/road/rustic-roads/motorcycle.aspx

Not everyone gets it, or understands what it's all about, but it is fun. In contrast, I think my state would prefer that 'riders just disappear and go away, yet Wisc. actually promotes it and realizes it's part of their tourism and economy. You could run them in a car, jeep, or about anything you can drag or push down the road. Often, it's the routes from one to the next that brings one through territory that can be rather interesting, at least that's been my experience. It has inadvertently introduced me to parts of Wisc. that I would otherwise was not aware of, small towns, parks, lakes, resorts and the occasional country bar to grab a hamburger.

~ Ride safe, pics or it didn't happen as they say.

yhellowcam.jpg
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Some people in the club in Dunbar want to keep motorcycles off the trail so they arranged with some private landowners to exclude bikes on small segments of private land which breaks up the trail access. Follow my tracks and you'll avoid those areas. The public land in the system is open to bikes.
  5. nitrodrip777

nitrodrip777 n00b

Oddometer:
    This seems very much up my wife's alley. Ill have to remember this for next year. I bought her a Honda Crf250L to ride and then shortly after she found out that she was pregnant. Sooo no riding unfortunately.
  6. nitrodrip777

nitrodrip777 n00b

Oddometer:
    That makes sense. Is this also the same case for Onconto County? I have gone over the MVUM map for the lakewood district and when I was riding the tour I was curious about what other trails I could ride.
  7. invicta1

invicta1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I lived in WI for many years. I don't now, but am there frequently, and will be moving back, I believe. I'm usually either up on Washington Island, or down near Bear Valley (Sauk County - maybe 20 mins from Spring Green, it consists of, mostly, a bar). I'm saving my pennies to build a summer place on the island. I hope to make the Guzzi rally, 2021.
    Ajacks and InTheMuck like this.
  8. Grendel602

Grendel602 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello strangers! Noob here on an adventure bike coming from years on large HD touring bikes and most recently two years on a K1600.

I am active duty Army moving back to WI for the first time in 17 years and looking for some information on riding groups and off road classes for this GSA. Any WI centric FB riding groups?

Super excited to head back to my old High School and College stomping grounds before the Army took me on some wonderful and not so wonderful adventures.

Thanks.
    OverSquareEng, pigjockey and Tiger993 like this.
  9. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    First off, Thank you for your Service. :thumb And keep your head down, things ain’t like they used to be these days.:2gunsother than that enjoy the ride. :ricky
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  11. Grendel602

Grendel602 n00b

Oddometer:
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I forgot to mention that I usually run a meet and greet in Delafield for ADV riders. This is a good opportunity to connect with other riders. Of course, that is on hold for right now due to COVID. I'm from Oconomowoc and sometimes ride a BMW. I know some others out this way as well.
    bomber60015 likes this.
  13. C Squared

C Squared Now without TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome. we have a bit of a group here. You should have no problem finding us .
  14. Grendel602

Grendel602 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Looking forward to the riding opportunities.
  15. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fucking fast Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in Burlington on a Super Tenere. The trails at Bong Rec Area down here are a good opportunity to work on technique while you're still close to home. WI ADV riders Facebook. The Ride for Research and Big Woods 200 put on by WDSR are good events to meet riders of all talents. April is still pretty wet for most of the popular off road routes. Gravel and country roads are definitely my preference for early season riding.
  17. Grendel602

Grendel602 n00b

Oddometer:
    I signed up, thanks.

18. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Bump for some new members I've been talking to. Please introduce yourself here.
    LumpyOne likes this.
  19. Chetora

Chetora n00b

Oddometer:
    Thump Thump Bump Bump florida man checking in, in oshkosh wisconsin moved here last spring just picked up a ktm 1090 (up graded the forever lost rxc 620 may she rest in piece) I'm always looking to go ride on or off road short or long hauls. So see you out on the trails

James (Jamie chetora) Stanworth
  20. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Living a half hour north of Green Bay for the past 39 years. Riding a BMW R1100 RT these days. Been messing around with motorcycles, since I was a kid hanging around the back shop at Rusty’s Bultaco back in the 70’s.