[AU] Formula Xtreme weekend at Wakefield

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Curryinahurry, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Curryinahurry

Curryinahurry Born 2 Ride

Oddometer:
    To encourage and cheer young Glenn Scott and team Motohansa's new BMW S1000RR entry into this year's Formula Xtreme, a few of us decided to go to Wakefield in NSW - OZ.

Sunday was all this

[​IMG]

I forgot to take my big lens and could not take more action photos...:baldy

Well that was sunday.... but the fun started on Friday AVO!!

Few of us decided to leave the humid and hot big smoke (Sydney) and get to an inmate's farm property near Oberon up the mountains.

So it was a hot trip through Bells line of road - Oberon and it got from hot to cool to COLD as we got there.

Thanks to Pat and Deb, we had a great place to put up our tents, some hot chips on the BBQ and some Jaffle action for dinner.

Some of the night photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is soo hard to get the group to stay still.... especially after a few sherbets in!! :lol3 :lol3

The only still ones are the ones fast asleep....:lol3:lol3

After a looong time in front of the fire and WAY past our normal bed times, next day started pretty cool

[​IMG]

It was still good to be next to the fire

[​IMG]

and how good was the view!

[​IMG]

And time for some serious amounts of Coffee..:lol3

[​IMG]

Some of the photos from around camp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everyone had a good time....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a good breakfast and a slow start, we decided to ride to Jenolan caves, have some lunch and ride back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday early, we were ready to lerave for Wakefield. It was a bit cool and misty. The Tiger warms up...

[​IMG]

And we had a great ride to Wakefield

[​IMG]

Once there, we setup some shade from the hot sun and watched the races.

[​IMG]

Good news is... Ian (goes by the name of Fat Bastard here in ADV) had all the best of his camera gear and I am sure he will post some more pictures from this weekend.

Good luck to Motohansa and IMHO Glenn did a wonderful job and it will be great to watch this young man race....

Cheers

Bala
  2. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great shots from areas i regularly ride. As an aside that stream/pool at jenolan caves that can be seen in one of the pics is the only place anywhere:D i have ever seen plattypuss in the wild, on two occasions now, worth a quiet look next time you are up there.
  3. CrazyZ9

CrazyZ9 More sheds

Oddometer:
    Great shots but there's some ugly bastards in that lot.:lol3
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks good! :thumb any more racing pics?
  5. SauS TaR-TaR

SauS TaR-TaR Go BaBy Go...

Oddometer:
    Great.. :1drink
  6. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Good one old mate, what rally you doing next? :kumbaya :beer
    Haven't seen ya since 'Far Cairn' last year or was it 'TTT' ? :lol3
  7. Curryinahurry

Curryinahurry Born 2 Ride

Oddometer:
    G'day Everyone

Thank you all for your comments.

Vagueout - I will look out for the platypus next time :thumb

GB - Mate Fat Bastard (inmate here) will post the racing photos soon.

Hunter - G'day Mate.. You are right... Looong time. TTT was the last :bluduh. I have not looked at the Rally Calendar yet but will be a bit slow as I am going to Europe in June and saving up all the time and $$$:lol3.

Cheers

Bala
  8. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bala great RR thanks.
    Russ
  9. Fat Bastard

Fat Bastard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your Report Bala. Boy we crammed a lot into that Weekend. For me, what is it about Fridays when you want to sneak away early to beat the traffic out of town? Always seem to get caught out with something just to screw up your plans. A full day off is the only sure solution. So this Friday was no exception, No chance to make the designated meeting time of 4pm to ride with Paul & Bala to Oberon (3hr run West of Sydney). One of our Club members (BMW Touring Club of NSW) has a Farm out there & kindly offered to Host us for an overnight camp.

Having missed our rendezvous it was a solo exit from Sydney on a stinking hot traffic choked motorway (parking lot) up over the Mountains. The traffic eventually thinned out the further up the Mountains I got. The other good thing is the oppressive Sydney heat was lifting as well, finally I was beginning to enjoy the ride. Oberon can be one of the coldest spots in the State, not a problem today as it is Summer but the cool mountain air did turn cold the closer I got & the darker it got.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    It was a pretty uneventful ride all the way up to a couple of kilometers from Pats Property when I came across a very large Grey Kangaroo sat in the middle of the road gazing into my headlight. He wasn’t too worried about me, I slowed right down to a crawl & he just turned & started to hop along the road in front of me. I tailed him literally for about 100 meters & he shot off to the right & bounded over a Fence in a single hop.
    I have a bloody lousy sense of direction so am pleased to say that, with Pats directions I rode straight to his front Gate. Real nice dirt road into the Property but nearly shit myself when I came up to a Cattle Grid & just on the other side lay a freaking huge Bull curled up beside a Gatepost like some Mythical Sentinel. I’m glad he was laying down, would have taken him too long to get up to chase me. I was outa there lickety split! Finally the House came into view & for the 1<sup>st</sup> time I new I was in the right spot. I was last to arrive so I quickly found a nice soft grassy spot near the others & got the Tent sorted then set about getting the beers on Ice.
    Sorry this is a bit long winded & no Pics yet but I didn’t take any till morning & we’ve only got to Dinner. Anyhow Bala took some campfire shots & as CrazyZ9 pointed out half a dozen posts back. It looks more like some Medieval Druid Festival. But it was a good one none the less.

So To the Pics

Awoke to a crisp cool morning & Pat was getting organized with the fire & a hearty breakfast.

[​IMG]

A few shots to show the beauty of this location

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't know about you but when I see somebody point a Camera I think, what the heck is he looking at? Here's a pic of Bala taking a pic.

[​IMG]

Our encampment.

[​IMG]

Breakfast ramblings

[​IMG]

Pat, our Host looking after us.

[​IMG]

Breakfast, How good is that?

[​IMG]

We wern't running out of Wood any time soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the Sun climbing higher a couple headed for the shade beside the Creek.

[​IMG]

Such a beautiful morning lets join them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under those Trees is the obligatory Farm Vehicle Graveyard.

[​IMG]

Time for a bit of a pack up.

[​IMG]

Paul found his slick little American Camp Chair makes a fine Hat as well.

[​IMG]

Cliff gets his ST packed up.

[​IMG]

The obligatory Rusty Farm Shed Doors.

[​IMG]

Two couples had left by this point but the rest of us kitted up for a bit of a ride. L > R Cliff, Paul, Deb, Pat & Bala

[​IMG]

A great ride down to Jenolan Caves ( I know it's great when my Sidewalls are suitably scuffed & I have no rear brake left). Due to the narrow winding road down to the Caves they close the road to allow the Tourist Coaches through without collecting motorcycle Hood Ornaments. A shot of the group in front of Caves House. Bala reckons we could have been in the Alps somewhere.

[​IMG]

So after backtracking our ride down to that point, we took an alternate route to the Hampton Pub for some lunch. Following that Paul Cliff & I headed home via the Bells Line of Road.

So here we are Saturday arvo with tomorrow to come. Will post the rest tomorrow, it's off to bed.

Cheers

Fat Bastard (Ian)
    <o:p></o:p>
    <!--EndFragment-->
  10. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Fat Bastard ;- top set of photos mate, looks like a great camp. :rofl
  11. Fat Bastard

Fat Bastard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comment H-Grayghost. There are some great rides coming up mate what have you got mapped out? There is so much & I unfortunately can't do them all. Anyhow I promised I'd put up my Wakefield Park shots.

I couldn't stay at Oberon for another night unfortunately so it was back home for me on Saturday arvo. I was not a popular Boy as I got home much much later than I indicated on my departure. The popularity poll took a further icy plunge with the news that I would be heading out early on Sunday morning to ride down to Goulburn (another 6 hr return trip). After viewing the episode of Austrailian Story featuring the Scott Family & young Glenn's tilt at the 125cc GP's. Here is a link to that episode.

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/watchoverme/default.htm

I was very impressed with Rob Dunston's (Motohansa) understated contribution to the story, thus I resolved to support Motohansa's new race team & their riders Glenn Scott & Jeremy Crow by attending their 1st outing at Wakefield Park Raceway on Sunday 28th March. As it turned out, young Glenn acquitted himself very well with a 9th position in all 3 races. Jeremy came in 12th, 15th & 13th respectively in a very competitive field.

I couldn't stay the whole day but I am very glad that I made the effort to attend & I will follow their progress through the year with great interest. I had my Camera with me & took a heap of random shots. An action photographer I am not (yet). But here are some of the more acceptable ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this shot is not sharp but I like it as he is really stood on it hitting that braking marker.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the Locals reading this, I have just found that Racing highlights will be televised on SBS Speedweek at 1pm Sunday 4-4-10 & again on Fox Sports 3 Wed 7-4-10 at 10pm.

I'll be watching.

Cheers

Fat Bastard (Ian)
  12. choccoloco

choccoloco Cabin Fever....

Oddometer:
    Nice photo's guys.

Real nice location you got there Ian, good to see you on the triumph Bala.

Damn it looked cold in the morning in the shade.
  13. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Ian,
    Map looks like this;-
    9/10/11 April - Kowen Forest Ride [Enduro on Yellow Beast] :topes
    16-17 April - Griffith Classic Ride [White beast]:rofl :ricky
    23-24 - 'Autumn Leaf Rally' @ Tumorrama:eek1 :beer :kumbaya :ricky
    1-2 May - Jingellic:freaky :ricky
    8-9 May - 'Loaded Dog' @ Tarago:kumbaya :ricky :beer