Aug 18 Sunday Ride (DC METRO AREA)

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Dick Burn, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Dick Burn

Dick Burn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is going to be a small ride Sunday, 18. Meet time is 9:00am at the sheetz in Haymarket, VA. Route 15 and route 55.

Local squids, they plan to ride 211. Bla BlA bla bla bla bla, yada yada yada

Anyway, come as you are.
  2. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    The ride I went on Pep stayed off of 15 and 29. Wiggled down to Sperryville and never got on 211 until we were at Little Washington.

GIve it a shot, you can always bail if y ou don't like the route.

Off to my company picnic in Bowie, so I'll wave as I pass you on 66@!
  3. Dick Burn

Dick Burn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive yet to take 29 to go to 211. Its usually some backroads around that area. Many of the SBN crew know many backroads, unfortunately they only know backroads to 211.
  4. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Saying that they are 1 dimensional in thier destination? :rofl

I'ld be there Dick, work shit.

How's the KLR??
  5. Dick Burn

Dick Burn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pep,

I would have gone with you. But i thought you wanted to explore the roads by yourself.

You ride pretty fast, we were all waiting for you to pull a major wheelie past us..

There was 1 crash, the guy riding the bmw r1100s, i dont know what happened.

At the end of the mountain, we waited around for the other group, then more squids showed up, around 30 of em. We got some cool video of them pulling 12 o clock wheelies on 211.
    Damm, whenever i pull wheelies, my chain breaks.!!

Steve, i got my klr650 a while ago, last weekend i rode to the outer banks in North Carolina, and rode all over the beach, splashing water all over bratty kids, getting tangled in fishing lines etc.. I took the Klr650 to 211, it handles pretty well if you can cope with the suspension going up and down mid corner. My r1 was recently in the shop, i broke the chain pulling a wheelie. Now i have both my biatches at home, and ready to ride. Steve, you up for a nice dual sport ride, i found a nice atv trail in virginia that needs exploring.
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    you two-timin' mo-fo. I thought you were our dick...