Aussie 1090/1190/1290 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ozzieadventure, Jan 29, 2015.

1. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha... that was exactly my dilemma so I used my 950 Black Dog rack which is 300 x 300 square and remachined it to fit instead of some silly shape that difficult to work with.
    Not sure if you can still get them but would be easy to make anyway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fearless Whetu and DR Steve like this.
  2. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
    When people say TIG I assume they have some skills :D

I also have the Wolfman Enduro for the 701. I was worried it wouldn't fit the 1090. Were the stock straps long enough to tie around the frames ?
  3. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you picked up a 1090 Fearless? Have I missed this?
  4. Fearless Whetu

Oddometer:
    No Mate. I'm seriously looking at one but just pending finances/need etc.
  5. DR Steve

DR Steve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plenty of length in the tank bag straps. Fits better on this bike than any of the Enduro bikes it's been fitted to previously. IMG_20170724_165953794 (Large).jpg
  6. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    On the inside he knows he still wants a BMW

Fearless Whetu likes this.
  7. bigborett

Oddometer:
    Or waiting for the Husky equivalent?
  8. bigborett

Oddometer:
    I have the KTM tank bag which fits very well but I have started running the Wolfman tank saddle bags instead. Find them a much better option for harder riding and you can fit a bit of gear in them. They don't get in your way when you are up on the pegs up hills etc.
  9. Briggsy_1

Briggsy_1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steve you mentioned earlier that this bag doesn't get in the way when standing up. I reckon my balls would be resting right on top of it at times when I'm standing with my knees well in front of the seat. I like the look of the bag, but wondering if you can position it further fwd on the tank should you need too without it becoming unstable? Generally I'm not a huge fan of tank bags and the smaller the better but need some form of storage up front for phones wallet etc.

Cheers
    Jason
  10. Briggsy_1

Oddometer:
    BB, have you got any photos of this set up please? Cheers Jason
  11. Fearless Whetu

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3 The only BMW's I would seriously look at are the S1000RR and K1300R. Haven't you heard the forks fall of the GS's if you ride them offroad ?

Lolz. Nope, the 701 is for sale. I was meant to do a Simpson crossing next month but have injured myself at Wedderburn last weekend and will now most likely take my ute.

The pondering is that we are saving to buy a house and I want to be sure it's not going to negatively affect the family me buying another beast.

I said in another forum that previously I was one a eyed BMW bloke. And truthfully had never seriously considered a KTM anything (I really don't like the Orange colour either). But after riding the 1190 and 1090 I am totally converted. I think the 1090 itself is great bike.
  12. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    @Fearless Whetu ...the problem with riding the big Orange bikes is nothing compares, that power and handling both off and on road is seductive..

BTW did you get your 701 from the motogc in Thomastown. I'm about to but the 2017 model and hoping these guys are good to deal with..PM me if you don't want to respond here.
  13. Fearless Whetu

Oddometer:
    Hey Duke, yes I did. I've bought 3 bikes off those guys now and they are great.

Glenn is the owner and Steve is the salesman, tell them you spoke to Aaron. I've sent a few friends there.

They've looked after me really well.
  14. bigborett

Oddometer:
    If you zoom in on the pic in the previous page you can see a bit. Don't have any specific photos though.
    Briggsy_1 likes this.
  15. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was planning on experimenting with some 690 Enduro cartridges in the 1190R to give 250mm of front end travel.

Anyone now if this has been done or any reason why it couldnt?

From what I can tell, the 690 split fork is identical to the 1190R split fork internally.

Anyone have 690 forks or cartridges theyd like to sell or donate to a good cause :lol3
    Fearless Whetu and Downhill502 like this.
  16. bigborett

Oddometer:
  17. DR Steve

Oddometer:
    I don't much like tank bags either but it's good to have somewhere to put phone, camera, wallet, snacks etc. I've not found it to be in the way as yet but haven't tried climbing any big hills yet. Certainly could mount it further forward but it'd cover the fuel filler, not that that's a big issue as it's easy to remove.
    Briggsy_1 likes this.
  18. Briggsy_1

Oddometer:
  19. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Picked these up the other day while they are available. Not sure when I'll fit them, but they should provide a bit more grip in the loose stuff than the OEM ContiTrailAttack 2's. :clap

I've never been a fan of TKC80s despite having used them on a few bikes, so I'm very keen to try these. I'm also a bit of a Michelin fan boy for both road and off-road rubber.

[​IMG]
    Rnwlcs likes this.
  20. DR Steve

Oddometer:
    I sorted out my rear luggage today. Decided to try a small plastic safe case as a quick and simple solution for the time being. It fits my tools, tyre repair kit, air compressor, wet weather gear and still has some room for lunch/drinks etc. Combined with the tank bag it should be plenty of storage for the day trips I do. I can strap on a dry bag in front of the case for an overnighter. Waterproof and lockable too.

The safe case is a Supercheap item, so a little bit KLR and milk crate I guess but it doesn't look too out of place as the black case finish matches in with the rear plastic on the bike. I didn't trust the plastic KTM carrier plate long term so have folded up an aluminium bracket that bolts to the top of the KTM carrier plate and braces it down to the rearmost sub frame mounts. Powdercoated satin black to blend in.

IMG_20170729_123122058_HDR (Large).jpg IMG_20170729_123314802_HDR (Large).jpg IMG_20170729_123141287_HDR (Large).jpg