1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Aussie Husky 701 owners thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jardine, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  2. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    A rare event to get all 5 Husqvarna 701’s ( and a random 690) together for a quick overnight trip, this time through dry station county east of Ross river, to ruby gorge, then to Hale river homestead for swimming and cold beer,

Attached Files:

Halfpast, PYG RYDR, jardine and 10 others like this.
  3. Montewest

Montewest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here, on the other side of the world, in New Jersey, USA, I have just went through the same exact experience.
    Bought a 2015 R1200GS thinking it would make a great bike for road touring AND off road trail bikd in the South Jersey Pine Barrens.
    BIG mistake. The 19" front and 17" rear wheels suck big time time down here. Hit a tree once, laid under a 550 lb. motorcycle for over an hour before my buddies with lighter bikes came to drag me out. Each time I took that bike off road, my intensity level went up, and I went down.
    Bought a 2018 Husky 701 2 weeks ago and already logged over 100 miles on deep sand whooped out trails with No crashes.
    65 mph on the highway it's as smooth as the BMW. It's been a good choice.
    Fearless Whetu and jardine like this.
  4. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    You simply bought the wrong bike and you weren't prepared for what it was.
    watagans300exc and PYG RYDR like this.
  5. Montewest

Montewest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't get me wrong, the BMW is a great bike, just a bit too big and heavy for me where I ride off road.
  6. a2zworks

a2zworks Así es la vida

Oddometer:
    Hey Viktor, are you going for new luggage or can you run the Andy Strapz without racks.
  7. DeLewis

DeLewis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I managed to make the Andy Strapz work well without the racks using the passenger foot pegs and rear grab handles as anchor points. And layer of fabric tape on the plastics to protect them from abrasion :)
    a2zworks and Dukehunt like this.