Aussie in West US

Discussion in 'Americas' started by macoz, Feb 6, 2008.

1. macoz

macoz n00b

Oddometer:
    Coming to Arizona in cool July, buying two cruisers and riding with a buddy, also an Aussie, for +3 weeks around West coast and Central west. I need to know about bike insurance and any other legal stuff like registration, need for a US address, pink slips etc etc. Any ideas out there?
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    You might want to post something in Regionals West forum.
    Your dealer should be able to answer your questions regarding ownership and registration. In regards to insurance, I would suggest you contact a few agents in whatever town you plan to start the trip. Your dealer may be able to guide you on this.
    Do you plan to sell the bikes at the end of the trip? A dealers may be able to help with that as well.
    Arizona in July :confused Might be a better time of year to circle Lake Superior
  3. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    if you intend on selling the bikes after your trip, why not just rent? After the depreciation hit you'd take on a month of ownership, I think the rental fee may work out nearly the same and you don't have to hassel with insurance, selling the bike, etc. Plenty of Harley rental places in AZ. :ricky
  4. Naegling

Naegling Fireman/Ambulance Jockey

Oddometer:
    Will you be heading through Oregon? If not, you're missing proably the most beutiful part of the west coast that time of year.

If you guys are coming through, just let me know and I can set you up with some great sites for trip planning.
  5. Grimace 2/9

Grimace 2/9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the us but a buddy of mine from oz is coming over in july/august, and we're planning a 3 week ride aroudn the southwest, if you guys want to talk routes or anything else shoot me a pm.
  6. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind that time of year around here can kick some serious ass as far as heat. Keep hyrated. Great area to ride- just be careful with our extreme heat, those not accustomed to it are in for problems. Might want to ride Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, NM, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California that time of year. Just a thought.