Aussie Off Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nevgriff64, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. MirthfulThylacinator

MirthfulThylacinator Tinker

Oddometer:
    ... not sure, a workmate passed it on ...
  3. Sfcootz

Sfcootz domodnatrix Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    MirthfulThylacinator likes this.
  4. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    You though we stopped with drop bears?

We have Powerful Owls ..
    [​IMG]

They fight, kill and eat full size possums... got 2 families of them local to me... they have dropped bits of fresh dead possum as they fly home over my place .. took me a while to figure out who was doing it.
  5. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quit yer wingin, you survived :-)
    Warin and Sfcootz like this.
  6. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rookie mistake to think we tell all :-)
    MirthfulThylacinator and Warin like this.
  7. duckslider

duckslider unintentionaldrifter

Oddometer:
    1967 TV Series........who remembers? :-)
    Wodger63 and BergDonk like this.
  8. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

:nod
  9. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Yes, when I lived in Melbourne (inner east) we would regularly find headless possums in our garden. It also took us a while to realise it was owls that were the major predators. Apparently they had a predilection for eating the heads and dropping the rest of the animal ready for collection for supper at a later date.
  10. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    Gents well I just bit the bullet and ordered a RAM 1500 express , was toying with a 79 cruiser but to me the Ram is a better Vehicle for what i want to do a lap of OZ and eventually put a slide on camper on the back plus a bike rack for the husky . They get reasonable fuel economy on the road the demo i drove was showing 14 ltr per hundred around town and Im sure every test driver was giving it a bit too
    Anyone had experience with one of these crossing the Simpson ? or fuel mileage in real heavy going. ? I see in another thread a Patrol v8 petrol towing a trailer on a Simpson crossing was using 48 ltr per hundred. Ouch that's a lot of fuel to carry
  11. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dunno about the Ram, driven the Tundra and the Silverado a fair bit as well as towing, the Tundra was probably better but both drank when towing, went from 14’s to 28’s with a 25ft Stabicraft on the back. The Tojo dropped to 10’s on the freeway unloaded.

Mind you a Sahara soot burner wont do much better than that, and the yank petrol V8’s will kill a twin turbo diesel in all other respects. Especially maintenance costs.
    Toejamii likes this.
  12. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    @Toejamii Great news mate, Pictures and a drive report required when you take possesion mate. I reckon these Yank Utes are the go..
    I'm looking to buy the 2500 in a few years for that big lap, hopefully they will make them right hand drive from the factory by then and save a few bucks for the conversion. Currently running a Y62 patrol..fuel consumption is not much worse than a Toyota soot burner V8 diesel. Getting an average of 15.1ltr per 100k, that's city, country and towing my 2.5 tonne van. I didn't buy a V8 to worry about liter per 100k's ...I'm just happy to be back in a petrol V8...I have had enough diesel trouble to last a lifetime..
    When I looked at bang for buck you can buy a shit load of petrol with the money you save on buying a similiar spec Toyota LC200...I'll be in front in 5 years of ownership..:clap
  13. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    Yes the FI petrol v8 has alot going for it :-) they are remanufactured at walkinshaw here in OZ so it should be a good thing. Im told that Walkinshaw are now working 24 hour shifts to keep up with demand . Mine is in the queue and 8 weeks away
    Dukehunt likes this.
  14. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Last time I was in the USA (2018) I was driving a Ram 2500 Laramie...nice ride, my mate there has a F150 Platinum, V6 twin Turbo, 10 speed and it realy gets up and goes but the 2500 was just awsome..TORQUE to burn
    Toejamii likes this.
  15. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    why is there 2 threads on the front page for KTM parts ?:dunno

Some say they are reliable buckets :flip
  16. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    I've got one that's been to the west more often than you've been east lately!:ricky:wave More the people have picked the wrong people to deal with than the bikeI reckon. ( Just to make it 3 threads mentioning KTM spares) Boltons are definately the go in Australia.
  17. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    I recko
    n they have a bit going for them. With a heavy vehicle background working on Euro6 shit makes me very gunshy of the current small diesels. The drama we have with SCR & DPF faults ( albeit of city bus'es) is endless. Only thing for me would be to give them a year or 2 to see how the yanks ( & the conversion ) do with reliability & longevity. Our Hilux has almost 300k km without any drama ( touch wood) 10spd electronic autos also scare me!!
    Toejamii, BergDonk and Paul124ac like this.
  18. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    Trouble is they move on to another model .. and that may be better or worse than the old model...
    So .. if you wait for the proof.. then you have to buy secondhand. That can be good or bad.
  19. lentil

lentil King of the Dad Joke and Senior Status Legume Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have missed you all!!

except for Dennis and Nev
  20. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    :wave
    lentil likes this.