Aussie Off Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nevgriff64, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:

Hey?---when you say "mate"--d'ya mean "mate", "mate", "mate" or "mate"?...bit hard to tell....but anyway in order, the answer(s) to your question is (are)....."good, ta"......."orright, why?", ........."what's it to you?" and "............................... "

:lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  2. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    This may or may not work Troy.. At the very least, we gave it a try and will end the " Jo Momma Aussie Style " debate once and for all.. :clap

Will it stop off topic thread jacking?? I doubt it will but I hope it reduces it some.. Time will tell but as per usual, it only works if the inamtes want it to work..

As far as the other thread you didn`t name.. This isn`t placed here to recrute members, its not to form a team.. Maybe I should change the thread title again to include this.. :lol3
  3. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nev

make a rod for your own back (British)
    to do something that is likely to cause problems for you in the future People say that if you let your baby sleep in your bed with you for the first few months, you're just making a rod for your own back.
    See rule with a rod of iron

:lol3 :lol3
  4. Sundowner

Sundowner Bort

Oddometer:
    So to kick things off in a sensible manner, are there any fans of the "Survivor" series here? There's a thread over in the Jomomma area but we're already about a month behind the US episodes, so it's impossible to join in without spoiling it for yourself because we're so far behind the tribal votes business. I've always been a big fan of it. It's great entertainment and fascinating to see how humans interact. Especially as the lure of a million dollars grows closer. Group dynamics are a huge part of human interaction. Even on something as simple as a group ride, you can observe them at play (I'm not going to even mention this whole forum and how it rolls. That's just too complex to be considered sober :augie ). Anyone willing to nominate a winner at this early stage? Evil Russel gets my vote, simply because he's just left the last series and is switched on to the "game", plus I reckon he's the best player ever. :ear
  5. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    My first and last post here.

I thought the nONGA stuff in the basement was for precisely this sort of dribble. And that's where it belongs - in the basement.

Nev, shame on you.:nono At the rate you do 180 turns you'll be electable soon.

It seems that nowadays one only has to whine long enough and your wish will be granted. Remember the old adage, "spare the rod and spoil the child", it seems to apply here.

Goodnight forever. :flush
  6. Sundowner

Sundowner Bort

Oddometer:
    This thread is strangely popular with the people who voted not to have it available. :dunno Why?:krusty
    soarseeker likes this.
  7. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Although it doesn`t sit comfortably with me Silla, I take your comments on board..

I didn`t start this to be compared to nONGA thread, nor did I feel i`ve given in to those that whinged.. Its something i`m trying to see if it improves the forum.. Sorry for making the effort and wasn`t intended to offend..
  8. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    5 bucks its not:lol3 :wave
  9. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Nev and Silla, can you please stop using the reverse capitalisation when referring to the separatists.

Some may interpret it as implying they have ties to either myself or tEAM iDIOT, when they merely stole the idea and tried to pretend it was original.

Thank you...
  10. cmg

cmg wannabe dirt rider

Oddometer:
    well there is a topic...........its the off topic thread :deal
  11. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    Thats old news mate.Get over it and move on.:wave :D
  12. Canuck in Oz

Canuck in Oz you still here

Oddometer:
    You're not going to last around here talking that shit :brow

Hey Sd, I've watched it from the start. One of the first and still the best "reality" shows imo (if you don't include televised sport..). But "discussing it around the water cooler" not really my thing, sorry. All that dancing, singing, cooking, renovating, dating, etc.. reality crap came later.

They're far cheaper to produce for the networks, so they're here to stay. My sister is a writer in LA. She said the reality boom knocked the snot out of the writing business over there.

... aka: I got some bad news, and I got some good news...
    Hey GS, lighten up.. as Baldy says.. this site is what it is, it owes us nothing.
    Sorta reminds me of this...
    EVERYTHING'S AMAZING, NOBODY'S HAPPY

and if ya like that...
    BEING WHITE

I was away from AdvRider for a year, sounds like I missed something.. nonga? separatists? basement? Maybe I shouldn't ask.
  13. GTboy

GTboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, the premise of the 'off topic' thread is to discuss topics that aren't related to the Forum - i.e. anything that's not adventure riding.

Every Forum in existence has such a thread. It enables members of the forum the ability to discuss topics outside the original forum charter with other members.

Perhaps.

That will depend on the folk who post here.
    Sufficient quantities of wit, humour, intelligent conversation will ensure its longevity.

Calling an off topic thread a scribble board is a fairly subjective (and cynical) assessment. What you get out of such a thread is far from representative of the other posters...

Your participation is neither compulsory nor required.

GTboy
  14. outback jack

outback jack Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    no boobs :1drink
  16. Lee Gunn

Lee Gunn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now here is an issue I'd like to hear peoples opinions on. It has to do with Melbourne but applys to pretty much any major town in Australia and it even has a motorcycle bent to it. This is from the Age today:-

"A THIRD of Melbourne's population growth is taking place within 15 kilometres of the city centre - a sharp change from the pattern of the '70s and '80s.
    Inner and middle suburbs that had been losing population for decades are seeing thousands more people on their streets, as infill housing, unit developments and the odd major redevelopment put new homes in old streets"

More people, more cars, more bikes, more traffic - aaaarrggghh.
    Whilst battling the peak hour traffic the 20km's into the city from where I live- riding along the southeastern carpark I noticed that there were 50 or so motorcycles battling the same traffic. The major issues I saw were

Trucks on the freeway slow the traffic down considerably
    Lane closures reduce traffic flow
    Bikes weave in and out of lanes as traffic sped up and slowed down intermittently and this looked pretty dangerous to me

So these are my thougts

Ban trucks from the city, freeways and highways between 7.30am to 9 am = result - traffic will flow quicker and safer and reduce the time needed for people to get to work. It will also make it safer on the roads for bikes

Second point - dedicate one lane on major highways and freeways to motorcycles between 7.30 and 9am - 20kms out from the city = result massive reduction in traffic, eased congestion on all roads, safer riding conditions

Stupid lane closures - allow bikes to use the lanes closed to other vehicles (when the issue is only one of line marking or other none "huge hole in the road" type issue.) Now you wouldn't need to do this if we had a dedicated lane - see point two.

Anyone want to comment on this?
  17. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    No, but I've got another "off-topic" topic....

We all should know about the floods in QLD slowly making their way down through NSW, etc. My question is why isn't this national news, every night? The MDB is Australias' largest irrigation water user, major food and fibre producer and has been under considerable stress for a long time. This year it will see perhaps the biggest flood ever recorded in some districts along the darling, and the Darling River may well flow for near its entire length! Unbelievable if you look back over just a few short years.

So, why aren't Mr & Mrs average Oz aware of this and the potential impact on food prices, etc? Lara fucking Bingle and her handbag "Pup" get more newstime. What's worng with the community?
  18. Knackers

Knackers Polishing Turds

Oddometer:
    Have you fixed my/our/your bike yet?
  19. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated Supporter

Oddometer:

Cruzer is tired of the Cruiser ? and getting back to bikes :clap

Do tell !
  20. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    Ah well its like this.........................i will call ya that will be easier skank:lol3