Aussie Off Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nevgriff64, Mar 19, 2010.

1. carmima

carmima All Orange :-)

Oddometer:
    I just took a quick spin up to Palmy and back...nasty bike crash at the bottom end of McCarrs Ck Rd

Suzuki GSXR XXX - couldn't tell what size. 2 Ambos and 3 Emergency Rescue vans. Although the bike was beside the road, it seems the rider's gone over the edge - there's a drop-off about 50' down to the creek where he's gone over.

Emergency guys had the abseiling gear out and were lowering the person board over the side.

There's some serious rocks at the bottom along there too.
  2. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never good to hear this stuff, hope the rider is going to be OK.
  3. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    typical ending for a Suzuki rider:lol3
  4. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    That`s a pretty fucked up comment Rod..

That could be an inmate here and your laughing about it..

Fuck I wish some people would think twice before hitting the submit button.. :baldy
  5. carmima

Oddometer:
    Couldn't agree more
  6. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    Ok nev It may be a fuckup comment, this last three weeks I have been to three bike fatals......one was not there fault, the road that was mention is a well kown rougth race track.....the type of bike involed should I say any more:ear your call
  7. carmima

Oddometer:
    Rod...well known rough race track or not, I personally don't think it's appropriate to make the sort of comment you made - regardless of who's call it is.

Nev was right, it might be one of our own here or it might be the mate of one of our own...try and explain that to the person when you meet them at the next ride or round the campfire!!

Seriously inappropriate
  8. Lee Gunn

Lee Gunn Long timer

Oddometer:
    well this is going along nicely isn't it!

Hey Ned - I dont drive my car much any more coz I'm always on the bike these days. Only driven 256,000km's in the current car - I know that isn't much compared to an interstate truckie but since I changed jobs I dont drive as much.

Maybe you dont credit 20 plus years of bike riding as counting for much but I do - and I don't think bikes are "dangerous". 68 tonne of metal moving at 100km's an hour is dangerous

You seem to be taking this really personally - relax mate and stop grabbing at straws- you dont agree with me - its no biggy.

Hey Mouse I've been in a few big rigs in my day and I get the "desire' to just drive over the top of some stupid Hyundai driver who pulls into your stopping zone. There is something to say for sending people back to driving school every couple of years.

The guys at Metal in the NT use to promote the idea that before you could get your car drivers licence you should hold a motorcycle licence first. I always liked that idea
  9. Dee-4

Dee-4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No sweat Lee,

If I was any more "relaxed" id be blowing zeds.If you dont find riding dangerous Id suggest your not doing it right, maybe my balls are a bit bigger than yours?

Of the thousands of motorcycle forums available to you, what part of riding a Triumph road bike made you think your imput would be so needed on a ADVENTURE riding forum? Dont know how the Dykes on Bikes site operates but Im guessing its a different kinda group.

I only made comment as I was bored, my lady was away for the weekend + you popped up to amuse us all, well done poppet!

Cheers
    Ned

*No, I dont really care what people think of me.
  10. Doctor

Doctor Banned

Oddometer:
    what Nev said
  11. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    OK Guy's and Girls
    yes MVA's are a serious business single vechical one's involing a motor bike are very close the a nerve for all of us, we have all pushed the envolope when riding and we all FUCK UP some times. from what was posted it was a single vechical accident,.....so rider fuckup where he was from this site and yes where if I see them in person or over the internet I would say the same thing, single vechical = FUCKUP
    add a large HP road bike on a bumpy twisty road...... and I bet I am not far from the mark.
    and I have NO issues explaining to some one in person IF thay have FUCKUP when riding, for a few reason's
    1, every bike accident increases our insurance
    2, if they are rinding in a group they have just fuckup a day for the rest of the group, not too mention the flow on effect a accident like that can have
    seriously inappropriate...maybe......
    now take yaheads out of sand cause some people should not have car keys..........let alone bike ones
  12. Lee Gunn

Lee Gunn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand you Ned - your alone, bored and have no solutions to offer and your jealouse because your bike is "red" and not a triumph :lol2 .

And let me tell you .....participating in the "Dykes on Bikes" ride at the Sydney Mardi gras is more adventurous than you could possibly imagine. If you think your balls are big, gees mate you should meet those girls. :knary

Thats why I hang out here - it's safer
  13. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Give it a rest Rod, your not helping yourself.. Seriously..
  14. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:

Dee-4 what?
  15. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Well, i`ve at least given it a go and it seems it can`t be done.. To have a thread like this here proves some members can`t contain themselves and hell bent on spoiling it for others..

Maybe we need to have more bannings around here so members finally get the message that if you can`t play nicely, you shouldn`t play at all.. :dunno

Don`t want to head down that path myself but maybe its the only way..
  16. Canuck in Oz

Canuck in Oz you still here

Oddometer:
    Your accident investigation skills could save the NSW gov't millions.
    No chance of an animal/pet running across the road? No chance of blinding from the sun (that has killed more than one expert level rider at the IOM TTs). No chance of a car drifting into his lane.. then pissing off? Love ya work mate :thumb
  17. carmima

Oddometer:
    you've got some serious issues to attend to there old mate.

And for what it's worth, I don't agree that single vehicle accidents = FUCK-UP.
    It could be a blown tyre, or a mechanical disfunction.

I'll use my older brother as an example...he bought a brand new something or other 1200 Yamaha retro style bike...went for his first ride, the front locked up and he ended up in a ditch at the side of the road all binged up and bike trashed.
    It was a single vehicle accident.
    Did that mean his FUCK-UP??

AHHH - apparently not :huh when insurance inspected the bike, it was a front brake pad that hadn't been installed correctly :baldy

Where does that leave your equation :csm
  18. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    will pm you my answer I ;m rocking to many raw nerves
  19. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    will continue with PM, I unsettled the balance of the forum
  20. Canuck in Oz

Canuck in Oz you still here

Oddometer:
    I have my PM thingy turned off.

I don't want to speak for others or the Mods, but it wasn't your opinion of "being sick of guys using the roads as racetracks and putting innocent lives at risk" that was offensive, I was just the laugh. Even then you still could have dug yourself out with an unconditional apology. Shit, everybody has had brain snaps. But then to try to justify... JMHO