Aussie Off Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nevgriff64, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I go out for an hour and come back to this :baldy

Rod regardless of your thoughts on the accident, and regardless of available facts.
    A motorcycle forum is not the place for such comments.
    Knowing you on-line for a few years now, I think the comment was probably made more to get a reaction than actually as your real thoughts.

Let this be a lesson to all, think before pressing submit.

No one can see you smile if you are joking or that look if you are serious.

I think an apology or holiday are due, your call.

Russ
  2. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    Is this a waste (sp) of time??

Yes it is Nev.

Off topic things like 4b's, guns, underpants and how to sex chooks should be banished along with thongs, nongs, bongs, wees, lees and peas.

Bikes, camping shit, luggage, tyres, sheds, maps and all things lamb are ok imo.
    [​IMG]

I think god almost nailed it - almost.
  3. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

Post of the day - almost:D On ya Davo:clap
  4. Autostream

Autostream Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really don't get the Rosemary with Lamb thing. To me it's a bit like sprinkling perfume on a perfectly good piece of meat.
  5. LC8TY

LC8TY must......find........fuel

Oddometer:
    I don't see why we have this thread in the Aus Regional, there is a whole other area on this site for this sort of banter, where the rules are a bit looser.

Why cant the Aussie "off topic post whore" inmates take their shit to Jo Momma? The Americans aren't that bad.... look at the Nonga thread, a raging success from what I can see.

The Bench racers from SA have a long running thread down there that gets left alone.

C'mon Aussies, take your wit and shit to the basement. :thumb
  6. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Doctor

Doctor Banned

Oddometer:
    dont look !
  8. Doctor

Doctor Banned

Oddometer:
    there are many better at it than I, but hey you may still get a beer !
  9. getaway

getaway gnarly traveler

Oddometer:
    Looks good davo ,may have been one of mine ha ha. sold some lambs last week.... enjoy
  10. Autostream

Autostream Long timer

Oddometer:
    My observation.... or opinion .... is that in recent years gone past such as HumanOne laments, there was more of a unwritten understanding that you largely carried on amongst yourselves in your own threads you started, where you tended to know each other. You didn't tend to dump into another groups thread so much...at least until it had appearred to run it's original topics course.

A Victorian High Country thread could go on for pages and not make much sense to a casual observer but Braaap!, TerryAust, myself and all could plan a 4 day ride and still have a good laugh at the same time.

Downside of this was the site appearred clicky to those who had just arrived and had not figured out who was who, or where.

But back then you would not have to hang around long befoe you would feel at home meeting strangers from the internet at a Snack'n'stack or some other local ride and a "New Member Here" thread was always welcomed with open arms, to me it seemed friendlier and more inviting to newer riders to come along for a ride (so we could all laugh and take phot's). With the odd blow up or banning just to keep it interesting and renew the staus quo.

If this corner of the site and interwebnetthing is all about the riding, and who to go riding with if you are new to it all, then this site is not as good as it was. But I am finding a number of people I have no interest in meeting.
  11. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Finally somebody put into words what I was thinking...

OK so I didn't know I was thinking it, but he has hit the proverbial nail on the equally proverbial thumb... I mean head.

Thanks Auto...
  12. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is a great experiment, don't judge the Oz forum by it, YET.
    We all hope it will go one of two ways.
    Time will tell, lets give it another day or two.

But then the Judges decision will be final.

Shit I'm glad I'm one of the Judges:wave :wave
  13. Doctor

Doctor Banned

Oddometer:
    Ditto I have a top 2 ! guess your number
  14. Autostream

Autostream Long timer

Oddometer:
    We all thought that at the begining, but they will wear you down...
  15. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Yes, ADVRider has changed but you would have to expect that it would with so many different personalities joining in.. Our membership base has passed the 100 000 + so you would expect to see some things change..

We all come here for different reasons and trying to accommodate everyone and keeping everyone happy is working out to be very tricky..
  16. LeglessOne

LeglessOne Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 Ben

Generally people would take the piss outa people they had met and had a rapport(sp) with and be reserved with people they hadn't met yet.Now arseholes think its thier god given right to vent thier spleen on anyone who doesn't agree with thier POV. Hence a lot of old members i know are organising rides via pm instead of a general invite (which was the norm years ago)because we have no interest in meeting some of the "internet riders" who now post here - because generally thier post count is larger than thier speedo count.

Shane

Oh ps Nev this thread is a brain snap on your part:lol3
  17. craig525

craig525 Ktm nut

Oddometer:
    Good for a laugh this:lurk :lurk
  18. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Your not the first to tell me mate, and I very much doubt you will be the last.. :shog

Let me ask you a question though Shane.. Is it wrong of us older members to think its our forum and new members shouldn`t be allowed to join or have an opinion?? I know there are/were one or two members when I joined back in '05 that I didn`t want anything to do with so in that view, it hasn`t changed that much, just a bigger scale..

The more time we spend here, the more passionate we are about our forum and the more vocal we are about knowing how to fix/improve it..
  19. lentil

lentil King of the Dad Joke and Senior Status Legume Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Aww jeez Nev you made me feel all warm and gooey inside!!
  20. Sylvia

Sylvia vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer:
    Howdi Leggo,
    I am not going to criticise Nev for his bold move into the introduction of the womans weekly thread, which will almost certainly end in dispute and bitterness. JM is where this should be IMHO.

Members venting in here does have is positives however. At least it allows for the narrowing of the Christmas card list.

Then banning members for venting is just not the way forward Nev. Its paramount to baiting for candidates.If you have an off topic thread then anything goes so long as there no nips and generally no personal abuse. Yeah right.

:wave