1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

aussie Tiger 800 xc thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by podge NT, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Catz

Catz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was a joy to see a Tiger getting around Broadford race track today.
    If your on here Mate, great work today C202F204-C068-45A3-AC6C-86AC285CC6F8.jpeg 009BA766-D809-4928-9670-265A0626AC49.jpeg B1893562-1DC0-412E-8224-4B0D9E58A16E.jpeg
    Haggs, ferals5 and BygDaddee like this.
  2. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
  3. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    Big Willy likes this.
  4. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    Interesting high beams :D
  5. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    The plastics arrived yesterday from Peter Stevens to replace the busted stuff around the front of the bike. It is an accumulation of damage over 5 years, that previously I had been holding together with Zip ties. Being hit by a falling tree branch during the Alpine tour last November that pushed the beak into the front tyre was the last straw.
    Next week I will put it back together and plan my ride into S.A. border region later in November, before my Permit to enter S.A, runs out/ or they change their Nanny State policies. I will call in at the farm on the way home Wal and check your lawns.
  6. Qwazi

Qwazi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all.
    My tiger's battery was flat last weekend when I tried to start it for the first time in a while.

I put it on a trickle charger and got some charge into it. But I haven't been able to start it. When the keys are turned the fuel pump makes it normal sound. When I hit the ignition absolutely nothing happens.

Some googling has me thinking that the ecu is thinking there's no petrol available (although there's a good half tank) after it lost power and doesn't even try to fire. The display screen doesn't show any petrol present.

Does this sound reasonable? If so, how do I get the bike to realise there is petrol there? I've walked it around, tipped it on its side a bit etc.
  7. Ausfossil

Ausfossil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You said you got some charge into it but I would make sure it was fully charged before I looked for any other issues. Might just be a case of still not charged enough or maybe the battery is stuffed from having been flattened. Have you tried jump starting it. Not sure about the ECU thinking no fuel is available but I would rule out battery issues first.

Cheers

Iain
  8. grub61

grub61 mild mannered maniac

Oddometer:
    Oz - specifically Wollongong , if I'm home
    Kill switch ? Otherwise , what Ausfossil said - needs a full battery charge

Graham
  9. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I managed to install the plastics around the beak/ tank area to replace the broken items. I found that I had ordered two bits that I didn't actually need.
    There are a couple of brackets fractured under the headlight housing that I had failed to notice, but all in all the repair is sturdy and firm.
    I tried to start the Tiger, but found the battery was flat. I placed it on the battery tender.
    It might be time for a ride on the weekend.
  10. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    No my battery was dead. Not bad really , it lasted 5 years.

The bike went to my local bike shop for the 40 K Service and new tyres to be fitted. It must have looked good, because 5 customers wanted to buy it!
  11. bigredroosta

bigredroosta Long timer

Oddometer:
    In going home tomorrow and will probably find the 990 with a flat battery too:becca