Aussies spotted in So. California

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Gregg Wannabe, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    So I'm commuting to work (sucks) this morning in my cage through San Diego in stop and go traffic when three riders on 1150 GS's Adventures (one had a custom black tank with a red pattern on it) and full kit pass me by riding in the far left (that's the far right for you Aussies) breakdown lane. I think I saw Australia plates but I can't be sure. They all had side and top cases and full Rallye II gear and each had a fresh knobbie strapped to the top case. That, plus the fact that they were headed toward the Mexico border (15 miles to go) leads me to believe they are headed south. Anybody know who these lucky fellows might be?
  2. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Recall the colour of the plates - or a plate state - aka NSW or QLD on them?
  3. Gregg Wannabe

Oddometer:
    The plates were white or off white and had AUS printed across the top. They were the smaller moto plates ~4" x 8" like U.S. moto plates, not big things like in the UK. Does that even describe an Australian plate?

Man was I jealous to see them.
  4. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Not as far as Im aware Gregg - the usual plates have defined colours and locations - only 6 states and 2 territories here so the prefix would have read - NSW / QLD / VIC / SA / WA / TAS / NT / ACT.

maybe from Austria :scratch
  5. sandgroper

sandgroper Long timer

Oddometer:
    This what a WA (Western Australia) plate looks like, the B is a shire abbreviation

[​IMG]
  6. BJP

BJP Rider

Oddometer:
    Gang,

There is a group from the BMW Club of Vic currently touring the US.

Some we staying longer than others but the bikes went over and will return in the same container.

They were going to Canada, Alaska and planned to pick up some BMW rallies whilst there.

One of the group is running a web page at http://www.geocities.com/beemerbird/

Regards
    Bernard
  7. Gregg Wannabe

Oddometer:

That is what the plate looked like except it had AUS across the top. Who the hell knows what I think I saw. Thanks anyway guys, they sure looked like they were having a great time.