Australia Post = one day it'll turn up!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by KatoomDownUnder, Jul 2, 2011.

1. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    Airline ppl have been employed... some worked out it wasn't worth the money err maybe pilots ;-) . Others down the bottom end are hanging on with uncertainty. I might know a bloke that spends a lot of time ringing emailing blah blah blah trying to get shit to the right place . Considering the staffing and volumes I reckon the coal face is doing a great job and yes things are getting farked and there are a lot of overwhelmed workers . Shift can start six atm and come back at 5. New push is to start later ..you can work out what is going to happen eh. Top end of town seems to be like a lot of other companies .. come in crunch a number let the troops work out how to do it cash grab jump ship , start again
    Sadly a way of modern times .
    Interesting question posed recently ... what is the exit strategy when this fails ... there is no exit strategy we will be given another project .. you get the picture
    gavmac and Eaglebeak like this.
  2. SFCootz

SFCootz Necessary evil Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Reading this thread makes me think a pony express might be just the thing in Australia. :lol3

Five months for a package to arrive?!?
  3. dunc

dunc Coddiwompler Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Sfcootz ^^^^^^^

yep
  4. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    In the early days .. ships (using sails) were faster than horses.
    SFCootz likes this.
  5. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    Use to make complete motorcycles, cars and aeroplanes here. Could do again ... but $$$$.
  6. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    On topic :
    Spoke to MSCmoto in the afternoon, part was sitting on the desk waiting for posting, this is on the other side of Sidenee. Next morning 09:30 it is waiting for me in the local P.O. down here on the far south coast.
    How good is that?
  7. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    Waiting for a new honey extractor, despatched from Melbourne on 21/9 via Toll/Ipec. Tracking says in transit, delivered Newcastle 24/9. Here's the map, I really hope it hasn't gone to Newcastle Upon Tyne.......

Screenshot_20200929-065656_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200929-064926_Chrome.jpg
    SFCootz, Boxa and Warin like this.
  8. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Well, horses aren't known as fast swimmers......:photog
    Wodger63 and SFCootz like this.
  9. 3legs

3legs Real men ride sidecars Supporter

Oddometer:
    WTF is going on. Tracking says parcel left Netherlands Friday 26/9/20, arrived in Adelaide ( where I live and expecting parcel to be delivered to ) 17:58 Mon 28/9/20. Next entry is arrived Melbourne 07:55 today 29/9/20.

Now it has to come back to Adelaide but will probably take 3 weeks or more after only taking 3 days to arrive from o/s.

Get your shit together Auspost.

To all the posties we know it's not your fault but maybe some industial action by you guys and girls might, although probably not, get some action from the minister because it's f@#king obvious management don't give a f@#k about delivery times.

It's also f@#king obvious that the minister is probably in on the con to the Australian public that the gumbyment really want to sell off and privatise Austpost so they can completley wash there hands of it ( like they almost did to Centrelink back in 1998 ).

Normally I wouldn't rant so much but I've been ordering a lot of parcels recently and 99% are weeks late, not days and it's not from the o/s couriers, it's always the local couriers and not just Auspost.

Rant over. F@#k that feels better :lol3:lol3:lol3
    GodSilla, buckscreek and Boxa like this.
  10. SFCootz

SFCootz Necessary evil Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
  11. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Small parcel arrived today from Taiwan, shipped by Chunghwa Post on 20th May, the day after I purchased it on eBay.

131 days in transit, that's not that bad. :-)
    3legs, Boxa and SFCootz like this.
  12. neilc

neilc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a parcel come from Melbourne to Geelong in only 5 days this must be a new fast delivery record usually takes 2 weeks:clap
  13. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered shit from Adventure Moto on Thu 24/9, delivered today 29/9. Thank you AusPost.

(just wanted to add a positive post, pissing meself that Bucky’s shit appears to have fucked off to The Old Dart)
  14. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    Hey @Paul124ac GAGF!

Well I called Toll this morning, they've got no clue, they even asked me to describe the parcel so they could get someone to look for it. Despite barcodes, QR codes, tracking numbers.........

When I reminded the bloke that I was the receiver of the parcel and therefore hadn't actually clapped eyes on it he was at a loss for what to do.

On a positive note, a box of honey jars purchased from Sydney on the weekend arrived today, via AusPost.
    GodSilla and Paul124ac like this.
  15. Dave Ward

Dave Ward I don't even know where the box is.

Oddometer:

And now we all feel so much better that you're feeling better...

And while we're on sweetness and honey stuff, I got given these samples yesterday. This stuff is apparently selling in Dubai for ~A$75 for a 500g jar/tub :eekers.

063  Jarrah Honey Mon 28.jpg
    3legs likes this.
  16. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh that’s fucking priceless. “Yeah mate, it’s sorta box shaped, it’s got me name on it, and it’s sorta brown coloured”.

We had a national contract with Toll, we’ve recently swapped to TNT (Oi!), they are a whole new level of fuckwittery. 3 times now I’ve watched the stuff I’m chasing leave the depot, go for a little drive ‘round Albury, maybe visit Maccas and sit by the river for a bit, then wander back to the depot for a little nap. Last item did that 5 days in a row, I timed it for when it showed it was at the depot, walked in, bloke says “Nup, it’s in the truck being delivered Pal”. Got him to check out the back, woop there it is.
    GodSilla likes this.
  17. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    We ordered some stainless benches for a new laundry. They went North Coast Freight from Sydney to Port Macquarie and return, not once but 3 timrs before I cracked the shits and got my cranky pants on, reminding the freighters they had literally passed my place 6 times. Fark, they didn't care.
  18. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    You'll pay way above $150 for the Manuka honey in 250gm jar.
    https://www.bluehillshoney.com/products/manuka/
  19. chicky

chicky BMW Rider

Oddometer:
    Freebies who gave them to you and where is mine..
  20. Flodder

Flodder Flodder

Oddometer:
    You need to go easy on the sweet stuff Chicky.:lol3:lol3.