Australia Post = one day it'll turn up!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by KatoomDownUnder, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Not the Messiah

Not the Messiah Old enough to know better, but slow learnin'

Oddometer:
    So the pattern is well visible now! Parcel No 2 arrived today......
    Now when you get the email that says "your parcel has been delayed blah blah blah..." it will have a line away down the bottom that says "if it hasn't arrived by xx date, please contact us" with a linky to a Contact Us form.
    Put that date on ya calendar and do use the form to shake the tree. Based on my experience and a sample of two out of two, it does work.

Oh, and when you're doing the form, have the date sent, description of goods, their value etc. The damn form is volatile, if you leave the page to go find that data you loose the data that you've already entered.

Cheers
    Brian
  2. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Logged a query on lost parcel last week and behold...

QLD parcel turned up today, I thought it was only One hour behind for daylight savings not one month :dunno
    Oldfatbeerman and mrsdnf like this.
  3. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Slightly off-topic, I was just browsing a GPS spare parts site and to get $1.47 worth of 2 tiny screws that will fit on the tip of your little finger the postal charge from the USA is a staggering $153.00, a flat rate for ANYTHING.

I didn't buy anything, needless to say. What a gouge the US postal service is.
    Oldfatbeerman and Gasman_ADV like this.
  4. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    USPS is actually not too bad, normally, but they have competition and that's usually more exxy$s. I doubt USPS themselves would charge that, but other's over there would, definitely some gouging happens, and this looks like a prime example.
    GodSilla likes this.
  5. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    Always a bloody issue with shit out of the USA.
    GodSilla likes this.
  6. Goosefeather

Goosefeather Captain Slow

Oddometer:
    Australia Post offer ShopMate . . . you get a US address (mine's in Oregon) and vendor ships there*, and you pay a re-post price to Oz . . . $35.70 for 500g - still expensive but better than $153

* can take advantage of US vendors often offering freight free within US

Other vendors offer similar re-freighting service
    GodSilla likes this.
  7. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    Two packages stuck in Melbourne for the last week. Both got her in good time from WA and China.
    Its funny how this women running the show was on the radio a couple of months ago sprouting how they weren't making profits due to having to put on contractors that cost a lot more money etc. Makes you wonder how they get jobs in the positions they are in.
  8. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that. Good info.
    Happy Snapper likes this.
  9. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Alternatively, some US inmates are happy to forward stuff on.
    GodSilla likes this.
  10. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    An inmate posted me a socket on Monday from WA, here in the bush this afternoon in NSW. No doubt a function of the inverse relationship between urgency and delivery time, I was in no hurry :D
  11. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:

I posted a letter registered to Canberra on 22/10 arrived Canberra 29/10 still not delivered 4/11.
  12. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Was that before or after they got new time pieces?
    Happy Snapper likes this.
  13. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    You blokes know how the new system works ?
    Mail gets delivered every second day one week this equals 3 days the next week 2 days.Poor old postie has too many letters and other stuff to deliver he might not get to your place .2 days later he gets another crack but this time with 4 days work for the bit they didn't get too ..now he/she was struggling with 2 days work .How do reckon they go with 4 days ?
    Chop Chop and Andrew2 like this.
  14. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    I lodged a pls explain on Wed 4/11 and still no delivery or answer ??? It was logged on in Fyshwick 29/10 and then NOTHING>
  15. rossguzzi

rossguzzi 990 Adv.

Oddometer:
    Orded a USB stick from Classic Motorcycles 23/08/20. Got to OZ 30/09/20 but then nothing.
    It is stuck probably in Sydney. I tried to get info from post office, was told to ring customer service. Automated messages gave me no idea as to where it is.
    A mate that works at a parcel sorting joint said small parcels sometimes slip off the conveyors and are not noticed till someone notices it.
    GGGrrrrrrr.
  16. 3legs

3legs Real men ride sidecars Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still haven't got my parcel that arrived in Perth from ths USA ( USPS )on 22/8/20.

Already got a refund and bought same part from elsewhere within 10 days via DHL. Always has been prompt with DHL.

Been waiting for another part from Japan ( WEBIKE ) for 4 weeks. I sent them a message to state that the tracking shows it's still in Japan waiting for departure and asked if they could use their resources to see if they can get more info.

They sent an email back stating it's still in Japan waiting for departure. F@#k me I already knew that and told them that in my initial email.

Also told them that I already told them and that this will be the first and last time I will be buying anything from them.
  17. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    The new system does not work , that is why this thread exists , it is not an indictment of the rank and file Aust Post workers , it is all about those who shine seats in offices being incompetent at managing the postal system . They are useless tools who suck up to those above them telling them that it is all working instead of telling upper management that they have fucked the joint with their changes and new work practices !
    BergDonk and WILL_S like this.
  18. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    You only say all of that because it's true!
    WILL_S likes this.
  19. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    here in the US if something gets lost in the mail the standard reply is Wait 30 days . Followed by, it will show up sometime.
  20. Dewi

Dewi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Express post last Wednesday from 30kms away (was out my 25kms but I thought so close it should arrive in a couple of days)
    Still waiting. Have had 3 expected delivery dates changed to delayed.
    Piss poor when it's only 30kms away and I paid express.