Australia Post = one day it'll turn up!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by KatoomDownUnder, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Nudie

Nudie Rusty not rusty

Oddometer:
    Bought and payed for small item 25th June. Received email on 2nd July (Friday) that it had been delivered on 3rd July (Saturday). Item never arrived. AP insists it has been delivered and tells me to take it up with seller. Lucky for me it wasn’t a big dollar loss.
    Oldfatbeerman likes this.
  2. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    I ordered some bits from the US a month ago , items were posted a day later and the tracking says it was put into Australia post's hands 3 weeks ago , the tracking stops right there .......... crickets , crickets , then more crickets !

The same company I ordered the last lot of parts from , that parcel took about 2 and a half weeks to arrive .

I have decided I will not buy from that retailer again as they do not give an option on the type of carrier to use for delivery , always reverts to the cheap option , which is fucking expensive when the parts never show up so you have to order and pay for them again and wait . Lucky it is for an old banger that is not one of my regular riders .
    Nudie likes this.
  3. wozzamatta

wozzamatta Is it new bike time yet

Oddometer:
    Express post, 23 hrs from Bunbury WA via Perth to Melbourne.
    5 days to go 20 kms
    Mouse likes this.
  4. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got my shock absorber , posted Melbourne midday Friday, arrived 8.30 today, impressed
  5. Wodger63

Wodger63 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a new pushy helmet, checked tracking and it's coming via Fastway.
    Apparently it's currently at a "sortation facility"
    I thought it was funny that I have been in transport 35+ years and never heard that term.

"Your parcel is currently being processed at a sortation facility. We’ll notify you with another update when it’s ready to be delivered."
  6. RED1

RED1 yes it really is me

Oddometer:
    Years ago I ordered an IMS tank from the USA for an XR650L and it came in a big box and was delivered by Auspost, later on I sold an Acerbis 20lt tank for an XR600 and found that the box that the IMS tank came in was the perfect size for the Acerbis tank. So wrapped it in plastic and took it to the post office to send for me and they said it was too big for them to handle and would not fit in the AP crates? I said that they delivered this box to me but to no avail, would not budge. I ended up taking the tank out and wrapping it in bubble wrap so they would send it. Go figure :lol3
  7. Dave Ward

Dave Ward I don't even know where the box is.

Oddometer:

I had to look that up. The word has been in use since the mid 19th century (but not around anywhere I've been)

sortation. / (sɔːˈteɪʃən) / noun. the process of sorting items into groups sharing a distinguishing quality or characteristic.

So, it's a sorting facility.:rolleyes
    Wodger63 likes this.
  8. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    ordered a ceramic proshifter for my 701 from Rottweiler in the states small part with a spring , was sent from states the day after and never showed up . after 4 weeks stated dialogue with Rottweilor and was just about to start a claim through paypal when the part showed up it had been sitting in australian customs for 4 weeks , Recon they thought it might be a gun part.
  9. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fastway was bought out by Aramex, so it's probably some Arabic translation.
  10. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Seems my ping pong table coming out of the south of Brisbane to just outside tweed has deserved a ride from retailer to one sortation facility in rocklea on to another in chullora so it can then be dispatched to an agent in lismore.

Must be doing a lockdown tour… chullora reported 3 days ago it was despatched to lismore agent only to now report it is still in chullora.

I’m glad they know what’s going on cause I don’t.

Shipitto of course notified me it would be delivered last Wednesday, clearly not much link between booking agency and freight company.
  11. MultiDV8

MultiDV8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They must all like to think up bullshit words. " Likely to arrive today". That fills me with confidence.

courier.jpg
    Wodger63 likes this.
  12. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    Onboarded, is that anything like being waterboarded?
    Mouse and Oldfatbeerman like this.
  13. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    Six weeks now for that parcel from the USA . Still nothing but Crickets .

Edit : I just had a package delivered by Startrack , Aust post's courier people . It was ordered and paid for on the 1 st of May . The name and address on the invoice are not me . I hope my parts I ordered and paid for in June were not sent to the person this package was supposed to go to :baldy .

For clarity , this is not Aust post's fuck up , it is the packaging people at the retailers premises .
  14. Bounty1

Bounty1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have just had 2 good experiences, sent a tent to Melbourne from the ACT on Friday, arrived Melbourne safely on Monday morning( Express post) and today (Wed) received a parcel sent from Sydney on Monday. I don't work for AP BTW
  15. boxerboy81

boxerboy81 Stay Horizontal

Oddometer:
    Chullora seems a black hole.
    Oldfatbeerman likes this.
  16. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Well two out of three parcels turned up only four days after the courier co own tracking thingy said it would.

Guy delivering shrugged his shoulders abd wandered off…

I didn’t touch the boxes and won’t for another week or so. Did spray them with some gunk that may or may not disinfect.

Having been to chullora I’d agree with that description.
  17. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff Supporter

Oddometer:

Or Mexican.
  18. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I ordered an item from Sydney, shipped with StarTrack.
    It got here ok, just that the Startrack tracking info is woeful.
    As the Local PO is only open weekdays, and I got to work before it opens and return after it closes, coordination to pick up the package was a bit tricky.
    time in shipping was reasonable though.
  19. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    Ok, my turn for a rant about AP. I generally receive a an ok service, Not the best or the worst.

Ordered a pair of handlebar risers from the distributor in Sydney. Two weeks have gone past. Contact Post after no updates on tracking, AP replied, the risers still not have left Sydney and no idea when it will be processed to be on forwarded.
    Mouse likes this.
  20. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    @troy safari carpente would tell you not to waste your money on bar risers Dan...:lol3