Aventuro Carbon 2 vs. Krios Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by VSTR, Jun 19, 2019.

1. VSTR

VSTR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm torn between these two helmets. I want the lite weight carbon mostly for ADV off road type riding. The Krios Pro seemed to have quality issues just looking at it. The visor seemed unusually thin, the peak connections seemed prone to break easily even from normal use wear and tear - they were cheap plastic. The liner was thin and did not appear to be of good quality.

I haven't seen the Aventuro Carbon 2 in person. Anyone with that lid have specific experience with it?
  2. Maverick2076

Maverick2076 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve had my KriosPro for about a month with no issues. It’s light, well made and the most comfortable helmet I’ve ever owned.
  3. Huckwheat

Huckwheat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered 2 Aventuro Carbon 2's direct from Touratech. The first one had one of the vents in the back protruding out of the helmet 3/16 of an inch, so I returned it for another one. The second one had one of the brow vent covers spontaneously pop off and fall on the floor while I was removing the visor to install the Pinlock. That one went back as well, and I called "Uncle" on the Aventuro. Quality control problems at that pricepoint are hard to justify. Those brow vents are questionable as far as longevity, in my opinion. I really wanted to like this helmet. It fit very well and was sporty looking to boot. Light as Hell too. Maybe it was just my luck, but two problematic ones were enough for me.
    I will add that Touratech was great to deal with. Customer service was top-notch, and they treated me very well.
  4. VSTR

VSTR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to know that. Build quality was my concern. I've seen some bad reviews on the Nexx X Wed, the sister helmet and quality in some cases is just garbage. For that price point - not sure I can get there...
    Huckwheat likes this.