Avoid local BMW dealer for everything!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Schlim, May 3, 2007.

1. wandererjim5

wandererjim5 CornerGrinner

Oddometer:
    having to travel to SE Qld to get a Bike service, well? Great isn't it. Pass.
    I think the Battery should be charged now(6Mnth old)? Anyway my mate out of Bed We can Push The Gs into life. Could always Tow it with the DT, YZ or the Susuki GSxr Racebike they all go. Nice day. I'll take the van.
  2. Schlim

Schlim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rang the HQ of BMW and I'm still waiting to hear:snore ,and boy are they going to hear it!:kboom
  3. Schlim

Schlim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rhino 343,I don't wish to name them because of legal ramifications:deal ,but if you look on the net you'll find that Corrimal is near *WOLLONGONG* where my dealer is.Why give them the satisfaction of free advertising through this site!!!!!!!! If you know what I mean:wink: .
  4. Hunsta

Hunsta Have guns will hunt

Oddometer:
    Dont think I can see anywhere in this post that I suggested you get ya bike serviced up here mate:dunno
    But then again I have been known to write between the lines:deal :lol3
  5. Mr Smith

Mr Smith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shit service in the bike and car sector seems to be the name of the game these days. Only problem is we all keep buying bikes and cars at record levels, (just sold a current model ute to go back to a 10year old wagon, which has turned out to have less problems! and no dealers to deal with).Maybe we need a recession to sort the good from the bad.
  6. wandererjim5

Oddometer:
    BM wouldn't start by the way. Took the Van. Had a good day. In the Van?
  7. scottmoto16

scottmoto16 Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that there is only one BMW dealership in Tassie now , at Launceston.

Capital city , Hobart , has not had a dealer in.......let me try and remember......must be over 10 years now. :huh

Oh and the dealer in Launceston is the BMW car dealer. :eek1
  8. wandererjim5

Oddometer:
    <FONT color=darkorange>It will be Lighter&nbsp;... BIGJim. </FONT>
  9. scottmoto16

scottmoto16 Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your coming over to the Orange side :uhhuh

Is that what your saying Bigjim? :evil
  10. Nick Makwell

Nick Makwell Bavarian Murder Weapon

Oddometer:
    Same here - I live in Brisbane and recently travelled 90km to Coastline to have my R1200GS serviced.

I was given a loan bike - a K1200S - for two days, as it was over a holiday, and I said I could only pick the bike up around 5pm, closing time.

I was there at 5.05pm (having rung them to say I'd be late) - and they all stayed back - no complaints.

They replaced headlight bulb for nothing, repaired my sump plate for nothing, and got a set of tyres fitted for approx. 20% less retail any Jap bike store....

Oh and the bike was washed too!

Although I've just ordered Jim's maintenance DVD, I'll continue to go back to them because of outstanding service - I'll be buying my next BMW's off them too - and Neil, the head sales dude (whom I've ridden with a few times, and is an ex-racer) knows it!
  11. Hunsta

Hunsta Have guns will hunt

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  12. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    FAAAARRRRKKKK !!!!! How lucky do I feel after reading all this thread.
    2 years ago I was all set to buy a 1200 gs from the local (car) BMW dealer but my old man (DAD) went and carked it (died) on the morning I was going to do the deal. Long story short I ended up with a Honda hornet that has now done 70,000 klm in those two years and the only problems have been the rear wheel bearings died at the Karuah rallly. Only cost me $12000 ride away too. 1/2 the price of the BMW. Down side is its only worth about $5,000 now but I am probably still well in front cause I have had zero costs apart from consumables.

Cheers Alan :freaky :clap :freaky :clap :freaky
  13. AllOrds

AllOrds -------------

Oddometer:
    Honda Hornet, now there`s a ballsy bullet proof machine right upthere with the 1200 bandit.
  14. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Ive always found Martyn and the crew at City Coast to be more than helpful. It would be fair to say that they are not a BMW exclusive dealership and I must say your's is the first complaint about them ive ever heard, having said that Im not saying there hasnt been.

If you wanted bad service or couldnt give a flying foook - you should have been around in the days when Tom Byrnes was operating pre Procycles - now they was bad across every Marque ...

Have you tried speaking to Martyn directly?
  15. wandererjim5

Oddometer:
    I owned a 225 a few years back and was impressed with, well? It just rode so much better than my old YZ or CR .
    A few things happening at the moment. Health ( ok some issues), work is about to become Full on. ( more Money)? Next sumer? Who knows. 200 EXC on the Rack of the new road bike. Jokeing.
    Old DT 100 stripped down. Amazing so tiny. All Bearings worn/stuffed seals gone hence Back firing. You know the piston is still perfect, yet Ring End Gap is 4 mm !! (backfiring) It still ran ! Off to find parts now?
    Catch up soon Scott. BIGJim. :freaky .
  16. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    :scratch

What are you smoking today BigJim??? :dunno

Can I have some.. :wink:
  17. wandererjim5

Oddometer:
    Scott knows what I'm on about. Don't smoke by the way. BIGJim.:freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky
    Get the idea?
  18. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    :beer
  19. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    is this a caption contest?

avoid local bmw dealer for everything...?

1. bikes branded bmw.
    2. bikers wearing things branded bmw.
    3. cars branded bmw.
    4.... ad nauseum.

i just love it when the mob who criticise other brands for being unreliable so conveniently forget to mention their own brand specific problems.

:war
  20. Mototrans

Mototrans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is to help anyone else who could get stitched by the same trick..

step 1 - took key to VT Commodore for swim, use spare key
    step 2 - buy new key head from dealer 1 franchise, no time to programme, pls come back
    step 3 - get car serviced by dealer 2 (same franchise, dif location) ask them to programme key, return to find that module in computer blown cannot programme key without $900 computer fix, politely decline fix , keep using spare key.
    step 3 - get car serviced by dealer 3 (same franchise, dif location) ask auto elec to test computer as module blown.
    Now it gets interesting - walk in to pick up the car and get asked to wait so service manager can talk to me. "Your computer module is not blown, thankyou for your custom, PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAVE ANOTHER CUSTOMERS CAR KEY while we call the police"
    Step 4 - get super cranky, request return of log book containing receipts demonstrating purchase of key and service on last three occassions and welcome police attend so they can explain selling stolen keys or deceptive conduct, whichever they choose. (deceptive conduct by dealer 2 in this situation who switched the key with an old one to prove it couldn't be programmed)
    Step 5 - receive red faced apology, new key and promises of better service "next time". Just please don't book on Tues or Thurs because all the apprentices are at TAFE :eek1.. can't believe my ears...

Now i use a stand alone mechanic who calls me and advises me what needs doing before he does it. I'm afraid when it comes to bikes and stealerships its the same, i do deals that are good for me, not them. i find a good local guy with a reputation and find he does better work cause his names on the door.

end rant