Avoid local BMW dealer for everything!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Schlim, May 3, 2007.

1. wandererjim5

wandererjim5 CornerGrinner

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but not really. I admit I have "A" Very Sick BMW but I have had over 20 years of GOOD BMWs ok? Just this one pile of ? It HAS been a nightmair? That BM & yes their Representive Dealer just ? Nothing So I am ? Yes Destroyed. Please donot be Offended at a Personal Level. I am a Well Seasoned Rider That does know a lot about BMs. My Next Bike? $ elsewhere! I'm Ashamed of BMW. Not Burned. Purist LOST!
    BIGJim West Coast Tasmania.
  2. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose StuffThisI'mOff4aRide

Oddometer:
    +1 ....Yep Me too Craig... been great @ coastline BMW.... with my 12gs... the old 90/6 I had was great bike also, never any problems with the R100rs either... Very sad to hear Tasy's BIGJIM story... my bike and the dealer have been GREAT I have to say...
  3. Edge

Edge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh shit just bought one got a really good private guy here to look after it though (stork) hope I did the right thing ride with a couple of beemer guys and they seem very happy with theirs. Mind you getting loud with dealers can certianly get their attention espically if you jump the counter.:fight :nono :clap :clap

cheers
  4. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    :thumb - excellent service, from the spare parts section anyway, James

- Slowbikes latest hobby horse is a K1200LT. I contacted 4 BMW outlets regarding spares for the repair - on one Item alone the price variation was from Motohansa - $630 plus postage - to $513 with On Line and free postage -
  5. Canuck in Oz

Canuck in Oz you still here

Oddometer:
    :lurk ( I can see this thread being a virtual stickie )
  6. HamoAus

HamoAus Springfield Lakes

Oddometer:
    So what's the consensus, do I avoid looking at the Beemers or not. Sorry to hear your story Big Jim.
  7. AllOrds

AllOrds -------------

Oddometer:
    Don`t be so hard on Moto, they do alot of advertising and need you to put away your tight arse habits:lol3
  8. Garry H.

Garry H. nocopsondirt

Oddometer:
    Motohansa is independant. Not run as/by part of bmw dealer network.
    So if you want to stick it up bmw motorad go independant...

Having said that, any link or address to/for that on line place? It'd be good to have a local on line joint. No importing/customs BS etc...

No time to read all the postings now so a question - how's Worthingtons?
  9. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    Vague is how Worthingtons is -

I dont aspire to the theory of cutting your nose of to spite your face, I do work for my $ - no laughing - so I expect suppliers to work for their's

Motohansa was / is owned / started by the chap from Tom Byrne's I think :scratch -

The 'OnLine' is the name of the actual dealership - located on the NSW / Vic border at Albury - ask for James.

2/477 YOUNG STREET
    ALBURY NSW 2640

Phone: 02 6021 8888
  10. AllOrds

AllOrds -------------

Oddometer:
    Isn`t Worthington`s owned by BMW, just like the Southbank and Rushcutters Bay Dealerships ?
  11. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
    Owned by Brad and Kev Worthington, (son and Father).
  12. pilbaralad

pilbaralad Isolated n00b

Oddometer:
    If you are worried about Defamation it is only so if you tell porky pies about a business. If what you are saying is true they have no legal comeback!
  13. Garry H.

Garry H. nocopsondirt

Oddometer:
    Thanks sb sp.
    Asked about Worthingtons cos don't like my local dealer. (Haven't been to their other shop),and the South Coast dealer ,well this thread doesn't inspire confidence...

Problem is Motohansa is not allowed to do warranty work so where should a Sydney owner go?
    And with a possible brake (fluid) problem how do I get there?
  14. FatBoyCrash

FatBoyCrash Buckle up SpankY!!

Oddometer:
    Dunno if this is of any relevance....
    I dropped into Morgan and Wackers BMW during the week to have an optic nerve at the Xchallenge. I notice that Stan Bear is now the spare parts bloke for BMW there now. Stan is the real deal. Looked after me many times in another life when I was racing bikes. He's a real bike enthusiast and racer from WAY back. Any spares problems with your BMW and he'd be the bloke I'd first talk to.
    On another note.... That Xchallenge sure seems the goods for a potential adventure bike. What attracts me is the known track record for that motor. Lots of blokes reporting 100k plus without any problems. Plus it's nice and tall, thank goodness. I'm 6'1" and finally a bike that fits!!
    But my heart is Orange.... Bring on the 690 and let the fun begin.
    FatBoy
  15. Gonz

Gonz BMW Bike Bum

Oddometer:
    Worthingtons are a great bunch to deal with. From the sales floor to the service centre.
    Bought my previous R1200GS from "Wortho's" and couldnt be happier.
    Bought my next bike from the dealer to the North, happy with sales staff, the service is crap.
    Avoid service from the guys North.

Cant go wrong with Worthingtons IMHO. I will be having the bike serviced there from now on.

Gonz.
  16. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    What is wrong with the brakes Garry? - Is it a warranty issue?
  17. DOOBIEDOG

DOOBIEDOG Who dares gets a kebab

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Schlim
    Rhino 343,I don't wish to name them because of legal ramifications:deal ,but if you look on the net you'll find that Corrimal is near *WOLLONGONG* where my dealer is.Why give them the satisfaction of free advertising through this site!!!!!!!! If you know what I mean:wink: .
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    I'm not afraid to say. It's City Coast Motorcycles in Wollongong. These cocksuckers nearly killed me when they 'forgot' to tighten my axelnut up on my back wheel after a tyre change that they did for me on my old Thunderace. I called them when I got home (5kms) to complain after feeling a hella slack chain and the bloke in Service said, "Ah... yeah, sorry mate'. Fucking not good enough, pal!

The nut only had two full rotations before it was to fall off. Arseholes. I wouldnt piss on their front door. Shame that Pops Suzuki had to close way back when.
  18. DOOBIEDOG

DOOBIEDOG Who dares gets a kebab

Oddometer:
    Also, if you live in Sydney, I'm a massive fan of Motohansa in Rydalmere. These guys are just the duck's nuts when it come to customer service and the right advice. Priced over $40.00 under the local BMW Dealer on hourly service charges. Go and see Rob, you will be glad you did.
  19. johno

johno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia.
    Yeah, Motohansa are great. I have bought bits off them, and have been very helpfull.
    A mate of mine from Crumbletown deals with them a lot, and has no complaints.
  20. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    My only complaint with Motohansa is that they appear to make up the prices as they go along - your throttle cable is broken and BMW Australia dont have one ? , $ 93- to you Sir.

If they have it Munich Mcs have always been cheaper for me and they do have a catalogue with prices for everything so you can checkfirst.