Avoid local BMW dealer for everything!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Schlim, May 3, 2007.

1. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Anyone had any dealings with Blacklocks in Albury?
  2. stretch49

stretch49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a new Ford ute from them a few years ago. All the deals done on line /phone, good trade inprice. Drove over from the coast a few days later dropped the old ute off picked the new one up.
    Very happy with their customer service.
    No dealings with the bike side of things there.
    badmanners likes this.
  3. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just opened a package from Munich MC's which was ordered yesterday.
    Arrived by Toll for $13.50, unlike a Oz Post $18.50 Express overnight from Mt Gambier which took six days.
    I have an account with Munich, so get 10% off list, and with the explosion in overseas postal costs it was actually cheaper than MB/MW .
    Wemoto have a few good/cheap parts, but last order placed five weeks ago which showed in stock no sign of yet, and previous order before covid took seven weeks, but showed that stock was in the UK.
    And they don't reply to emails, and the phone is constantly engaged, probably off the hook!
  4. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    Wrong side of the Vcitorian virus zombi-fence
    "Lazarus Thread of the Year" contender - 12 years!
  5. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Holy thread drag Batman.

Yep. Good and bad. They’ve picked up some good blokes from the collapse of the local Husky and KTM dealers, service manager seems like a good bloke, pricing is pretty good. Sales? Yeah, I’ve got issues.
    slowbike smallpenis likes this.
  6. Gunerdo

Gunerdo fromwanerbe

Oddometer:
    that didn't age well...

Ozracer, Dave Ward, Hoots and 2 others like this.
  7. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    :rofl
  8. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Sales got issues ... please explain grasshopper
  9. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    They’ve pretty much ignored me twice SBSP. We drove in, in a beemer, to buy a beemer, and they couldn’t be arsed to come and talk to us. So we bought a Ford. I rode in on the Ape that I had bought from them to check out the new AT, same thing. Looks like a Yam is in my future. And it’s not like we have fuck all vehicles with them, quite the opposite. Like I said, can’t fault the service side.

In their defence they are not alone, don’t know if it’s a product of sales shifting to online or sales staff who can’t deal with face-to-face, but to me if you have someone actually standing in your showroom then you’ve done 90% of the hard yards already.
  10. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    I go the other way on this, i much prefer to be left alone in a showroom, if i really want to know anything i ask a salesperson and find the fact that i asked he/she is instantly focused rather than repeating the same spiel.:*sip*
  11. benzo

benzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know it sounds shallow but i bought a brand new beemer there a couple of years ago and the purchase experience was as transactional as buying toothpaste from woollies..asked for barkbusters and some other stuff to be fitted and when we went to collect it we were just told to have a look on ebay. "Heres ya keys mate, the bikes over there" basically and that was it. When i bought a cheapo klx from another dealer, i got given maps of cool things to see in the area, spent 45 mins talking with someone passionate about bikes and they had the bike centre shop, ready to go with all the accessories and someone ready with a spanner to adjust things if it wasnt perfect. Felt a million bucks. Its the little things...
  12. Looking Around

Looking Around Traveller

Oddometer:
    If Luke is still the service manager, Blacklocks was looking pretty good in that department, very helpful and knowledable. Parts blokes have always been good. Haven't tried to buy a bike there for a few years, was god then. I know the sales blokes have turned over in that time.
  13. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a fallen angel now or the devil himself?
  14. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whilst I'm the same, a salesperson should always approach to ask if any assistance is required and offer to follow up if not.
    Everything seems all too hard for a lot of people in sales these days. Showing a potential customer some basic courtesy can go a long way and costs nothing.
    Paul124ac, Kiwirich and Oldfatbeerman like this.
  15. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    I used to get my F650GS serviced there, then the last time I had it in there I got them to do the fork seals. When I got it back, the fairing screws were loose, the one fork cap was incorrectly fitted, the headlight assembly fell off because I assume the bolts were loose. And it wasn't the apprentice that was working on it. That was a few years ago though, haven't been back since.
  16. kneeslider

kneeslider Insufficient privileges!

Oddometer:
    There are dealers who are only interested in the $$$$ & then there are true enthusiasts who happen to sell & service motorcycles.
  17. Traveller13

Traveller13 Cptn. Fluffy

Oddometer:
    We don't have a massive amount of choice here in Western Australia with only the one dealer and AFIK one independent workshop. The dealer is good for buying but their service department has some work to do (2.5 hours for a major 40,000k service) whereas the independent workshop is fantastic. Thorsten knows his shit, only deals in BMW's and is passionate about the bikes and cares for his customers.
    TBH I've never had many good experiences with dealerships when it comes to servicing with either bikes or cars of any make.
    numbat likes this.
  18. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    My perception is that there are a few BMW dealerships that are attached to car dealerships, such as Blacklocks and definitely Rolfes in Canberra. These dealers don't really understand that bike riders are different than car drivers, whereas dealers like Procycles are a motorcycle shop who happen to sell BMW's. I'm not saying promoting Procycles here, just pointing out that they are a motorcycle shop, whereas Rolfes et al are car shops that sell motorcycles because head office says they have to.
  19. Russ

Russ Let's ride.

Oddometer:
    I'd rather go to a car dealer than Procycles.
    I've had good service from the dealer in Hobart and Macarthur BMW in Narellan who are both car/bike dealers.
    gsjam likes this.