Avon Distanzias in Wet Weather

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by boyscout, Nov 13, 2001.

1. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    Just got back from my first long rain ride of the season and my first with the new Avon Distanzias as well. Somebody on the GS list had complained about their wet weather performance so I wasn't sure what to expect. Spent a good 4 hours in a downpour, much of it on some pretty twisty road (49 and 160 in CA:rofl) and all I can say is they performed beautifully....confidence inspiring and all that.

I'd even have to say they are better than the gripsters that I had on previously. Other equipment that saw first rain use for me were Daytona boots and Held gloves which kicked butt as well. If it weren't for my crappy Tourmaster pants I would have been warm and cozy.

-Teryk
  2. lbauer0

lbauer0 n00b

Oddometer:
    Teryk,

What's your beef with the Tourmaster pants? I was just thinking of buying a pair....

Thanks,

-Lujo
  3. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    I've had them for a little over a year now. Last winter I did some rides of around an hour in the rain and they kept me dry. On this ride though they soaked completely through within 2 hours, probably closer to 1 and a half. Looking at the inside, the seam tape had mostly rubbed off, but I think the water had come right through the fabric which seems highly water resistant but not water proof. I've since sprayed them with Camp Dry, which should help, but for long wet rides I need to find something 100% water proof.

-Teryk
  4. lbauer0

lbauer0 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that's good to know.

-Lujo