AZ: Fourpeaks and Sycamore Creek area's open again!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Firestorm, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm .

Oddometer:
    Last time I called the Forrest Service the Fourpeaks and Sycamore Creek area were closed due the the Edge Fire and they told me that the area was going to be closed untell about next summer. Well I called a friend up to go riding and she told me that it was now open. Well I went up there this morning (Fourpeaks) and the Forrest Service was there opening even more trails. I heard the trail has been open for a couple of weeks now. Just thought I would let you guys know if you thought it was closed.

I had a good time riding and checking out some of the views. I saw a R1200GS and a V-Strom riding 2-up up there, don't know if that was any of you or not. For thoes who don't know the Fourpeaks riding area is located off Highway-87 (Beeline) heading East/Northeast from the Phoenix area to Prescott (Go north on Country Club or Gilbert road until you hit the Highway-87). It seems like it would be a good ride on any dualsport, the road is easy and it leads all the way over the mountain to the other side to another highway. There is a lake on the other side called Roosevelt Lake.

The Fourpeaks on the west side.
    [​IMG]

Up and over the peaks on the east side, I believe there is a town called Pumpkin Center next to Roosevelt Lake which is seen in this photo. One of the many view points. My Honda Xr200r.
    [​IMG]

If you were out there riding this is what I was wearing/looked like. The guy on the small bike with the missmatched gear.
    [​IMG]
  2. Bill the Duck

Bill the Duck Unwitting Accomplice Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the "town" you're seeing is a marina. To the north are Punkin (actual spelling) Center and Jakes Corner. That's a fun relatively easy ride 'cept for the fourwheelers piloted by 10-year-olds. :bluduh