AZ traffic enforcement cameras

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Rat Bones, Jul 2, 2008.

1. LouBob

LouBob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got a ticket in the cage from a camera. Funny thing is you can tell I am turning right. And since the intersection has no signs saying you cant turn right on red, I think I will fight it.
  2. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do fight it, and let us know how it goes. I'm interested to see if the resolution process is as Orwellian as it seems to be.

JC
  3. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My question is WHY are u running red lights??
    Maybe it's your kid about to move on the green :pope
  4. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer:
    A friend of Mine who lives in Fountain hills has his truck in his wifes name and her car in his name. When they get tickets they show up and say Heres the picture but its not Me. its worked so far.
    I was driving a clients car down the 101 loop and blew past the cameras at about 15 over. Saw the flash and just grinned. (I was taking his Rover to the BMW dealer for trade in) My Sportbike had the Plate under the fender and I never got tagged. It was visible from the side and behind but not above head height. I have also wheelied past a van out on N Cave Creek Rd. :D I always wear a tinted shield (or Goggles) when i ride too. The cameras need to be paintballed!

Hey Joker, If you stop before you turn its Legal.
  5. djaubs

djaubs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saddle up folks! With cities scrambling for money and speed limits set below what is dynamically and practically safe (for this reason), more tickets will be issued, IMO.

:deal
  6. Runamuk

Runamuk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've not been tagged yet but I know those who have. $165.00 ouch.

Muk
  7. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    This site may be helpful for those of you fighting photo-enforced tickets. It's Cali-centric, but at least it can give you some ideas:

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/index.htm

It certainly is a must-read for anyone who is concerned about this type of enforcement.
  8. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    10-4

We have a few intersection here that are set up for the camera.
    But there is only 1 actual camera....they move it arround the city.

The only time I "push the envelope" at intersections is when I am on the bike.
    I would rather Crowd The RED than take a chance on someone else trying to Run The Red and Schwak'n me from behind.

I just think people need to slow down a little and enjoy life....take it all in. U only live once. :jkam <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  9. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    I wonder how the do with out of state plates I was on the 202 doing about 80. When I saw the truck I thought it was a news truck but after I passed there were a few flashes:scratch
  10. traumarn

traumarn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    big problem #1: they have portable units at random spots off the side of the road on the 10. doom on 'us'.
    and no...none of the sprays/plates/covers/etc work.proven many times.
  11. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    time to time, an idea pop's up......... and is just a wonderful idea.
  12. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure the camera vans on the side of the road use radar and my detector has saved me a few times from them. One time on Rt. 85, I got a chirp, hit the brakes and another car shot past me. Van behind a rock up ahead nailed him with some flashes, but not me. As for the stationary speed cameras, I think they use some kind of vascar and there are sensors under the pavement near them, but not always across all lanes. I've heard they don't even mail the ticket unless they have a clear shot of the driver's face. So I just hold my hat over the right side of my face as I go by. Most of the cameras have warning signs, so you have plenty of time to slow down if you're watching for the signs. I just block my face in case a car next to me speeds by and trips the camera and it gets me. Once I've done some more research on this, I'll consider getting a big mirror to hold in front of my face and ruin the photo. I've also heard that putting a piece of aluminum foil across the top of your windshield will ruin the photo.

There's an intersection near the Chinese Cultural Center, where if I'm the very first car or bike at the line and floor it when it turns green, I cannot complete the left turn before the light turns red again. Thankfully, there's no camera there yet.
  13. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
  14. Runamuk

Runamuk Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    Great video! Great idea - cover them with wrapping paper at Christmas time. Shoot them out on new years eve or July 4th to cover the bangs!
  17. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    :clap