B C Big Trailie Ride 5

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MANXMAN, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes they have gas....Premium only (which is my flavor) and they're open 9-7 pm every day!

Let's get going!! :ricky
  2. longwaytim

longwaytim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My work is wrapped up & outa' the way... :clap Bike is packed & ready to go.. just gotta turn the key.

Celebrating my Wife's graduation from nursing school with her & her nursing friends tomorrow:freaky , & then on my way!!
  3. Fishnbiker

Fishnbiker Tire smuddy, hook swet

Oddometer:
    Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    The day has finally come! I'm picking up Ron from BC tomorrow & then "head out on the highway, looking for adventure, and whatever comes my way". Yippee!!

See you all there.
  4. longwaytim

longwaytim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I may be joining you guy's later on the mainland... depends on how late my wife's nursing grad goes... if not, I will see you Thurs eve in Nakusp
  5. Bario

Bario Adventurer

Oddometer:

I just rode the area today as I live just 20 Km south of Oliver.

The slide is on Hwy 97 south of Oliver and will not affect the route you have chosen for the ride this year. You will turn west long before you hit the section affected by the slide. Besides, that section of the road will be clear before the ride starts this week.

I may tag along for a bit on some sections of this years ride but since it is now my back yard I can't bring myself to pay for hotels and such. Will likely see you all on the Oliver to Keromeos section since that is a ride I often do on Sunday anyway:evil

Bario
  6. Lucky:)

Lucky:) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is the best place to join on June 20th?
  7. Erronous Monk

Erronous Monk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I plan to head on out of Powell River on the 17th. Routed for Nakusp. Not sure of where to stay, but will plan on camping only. Who might be heading out the 17th as well? Meet you?

:-)
  8. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    Because Sunday's (the 20th) ride is only a half day, I would have to suggest that the best place to join in would be Keremeos, the beginning of that days route.

We depart from the Elks Motel and I would guess that most riders will be departing around 8-9am.
  9. Bora20

Bora20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on riding the KVR from Princeton back to Brookmere, then Coldwater Rd to Merrit, then to Kamloops on Hwy 5A if anyone is interested.

Will make for a longer day for sure:D
  10. Lucky:)

Lucky:) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks MANXMAN,

and one more question, where is the end point?
  11. Bora20

Bora20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Princeton.

[​IMG]
  12. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    Well, almost ready to go...

Got a nice little tool bag on the back fender which should help save some room in my backpack. I'll be traveling about as light as anyone would want to on this trip! One pair of undies should be fine eh?! :evil

Bike is oiled up, gassed up, pumped up and even a bit more farkled up now!

Too bad the view out my garage looks like this:

[​IMG]

Oh well... guess I'll be getting wet tomorrow! :lol3

My proposed route to Nakusp is Kelowna to Westbridge via KVR, Slab it to Grand Forks, North on Granby/North Fork/Burrell FSRs to the Needles ferry, then north to Nakusp. Leaving Kelowna around noon time.

I'm riding out on a Yamaha WR450F, KLIM riding gear and a backpack. If you see me, I'll be the wet and bedraggled one. Feel free to ride on by and laugh!
  13. big jer

big jer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    stinkyboy text me 7:45 as he was leaving winthrop, should be in oroville about 9:30- 10:00 . we will be on our way to nakusp shortly after his arrival. he was looking for drewtherev,but hadn't found him yet. anybody seen or heard where he might be?? he was going to travel with us. wheater is a little sprinkle now an then.
  14. roadkill4us

roadkill4us n00b

Oddometer:
    Manxman -- I wanted to let you know that DAMFTA and Roadkill4us are not going to make day 1 but will try to catch up with you all in Revelstoke. We are stopped in Montana due to weather. On another note the reservation in Naksup at the Kusamax lodge is open (we cancelled) if anyone needs a room. Hope to see you on Friday nite or Saturday morning -- Have a great 1st day!! Later
  15. yatman

yatman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome-Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Well...left early Monday morning with OurBC...rode 575 kms on the TransCanada then Hwy 3 at Hope, then the Cawston to Oliver road, Hedley,
    and area, some gravel, then camped at Midway...next day actually passed through Nakusp after exploring the cable ferry on Lower Arrow Lake then
    along Slocan Lake, Mirror Lake then camped at Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground....Day 3 ferry across Kootenay Lake...along the lake some off road...then bike wouldn't start and ended up here for my second night in
    Cranbrook ( good thing it happened in town not in the bush where we were...)
    BMW roadside sent bike to Calgary....I guess that's it for the BCBTR5 for me....now to get to Calgary and get a (hopefully) working 650GS...Blackfoot says it is NOT warranty work as my second oem battery was installed 13 months ago...my Island BMW says that it IS warranty as the battery is less than two years old....hope it works out...have a safe awesome Big Trailie everyone...
    yatman
  16. River

River Gee

Oddometer:
    :clap wowsers, I can't wait to see the pics...I was hoping to have my new bike in time to join up, but things go the way they go, have fun and keep the rubber down
  17. Norpaq

Norpaq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have to cancel. Too much work came up. Maybe next year... again!:cry

-NP
  18. phammer

phammer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unable to get away today - still hope to get to Revelstoke for tomorrow evening.

NOT to be this year - better planning next time.

phammer
  19. Revelstoker

Revelstoker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a few shots from Day One of The BC Big Trailie. Good weather, no incidents (that I saw at least), well planned route (Manxman must be a man of infinite patience) and a bunch of good sports on great bikes.

The coolest bike at The BCBT5 without a doubt - rtw02 & his Dakar on the Shelter Bay ferry on the way over from Revelstoke at 7:00am
    [​IMG]

I was truly hoping the owner of this Harley was going to ride the BCBT5. This is the meeting point in Nakusp.
    [​IMG]

Cloudy and cold day in June at the end of Trout Lake.
    [​IMG]

Eye candy at Trout Lake.
    [​IMG]

We didn't really have time to fish anyway.
    [​IMG]

This sign is in Trout Lake right across from the old gas station.
    [​IMG]

My gearing is rather inappropriate for the slab...nice that Ross put this sign out for me.
    [​IMG]

First in line at Arrow Park.
    [​IMG]

Arrow Park Ferry.
    [​IMG]

One of the many riders on BMW's wearing the appropriate/requisite RP2 attire.
    [​IMG]

Lots of sites to see on the West side of Upper Arrow Lake.
    [​IMG]

Well stickered pannier.
    [​IMG]

Another BMWfashionista...but with an R2 this time.
    [​IMG]

We stopped on the bridge over Pingston Creek to regather and check out the spectacular drop.
    [​IMG]

Highway 23 South at 90kmh.
    [​IMG]

Not a bad day...for a Friday. Sorry that I can't make the rest of the weekend.
    [​IMG]

Cheers to Ross.
    [​IMG]
  20. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Revelstoker,

Thanks for sharing the pics since I have to live vicariously through others this time. :thumb

Looks like you're all having a great time!!!

Safe :ricky