B.c. Big Trailie Ride

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MANXMAN, Feb 13, 2006.

1. canuck

canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I spoke to Ray and got the details.

see ya then.
  2. Scooter

Scooter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this ride.

I was just up at Opsprey lake last weekend. Did the Nickel plate road up to Apex Alpine and some foresrty roads between Hwy 97C and Summerland. Lots of cattle roaming around in some areas.

I guess Fury and I will miss some of the antics on thursday afternoon.

Where do you guys figure you will be after 8pm thursday. Looking to have a few beers.
  3. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:

Go to dr650bc's room. I think I heard him say he was buyin':freaky
  4. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I heard that too! Oh, wait, I have to ride with him, I better be careful.:amazon
  5. ulendo

ulendo lunatic fringe

Oddometer:
    Manxman,
    i tried looking through all the posts, but couldnt see this - what time Saturday do you figure the group will start to show up in Kaslo? I'm only going to be able to make it sat - kids - so I'm trying to figure out just where / what time in the day I'll have to peel off and loop back to kelowna. Boils down to either cross at Galena with the group, then head south through nakusp to needles, and back up hwy 6, or make the whole day, and flog it back after dusk.

anyone else pulling out saturday afternoon, and coming back through vernon / k town? I checked the needles ferry, and it runs till 10:45 on scheduled runs, and 'on demand' after that. I dont imagine they'd be too happy making the crossing for just one bike, but if there's a group going back, time wouldnt matter either way.
  6. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    This is just a guess, but because Saturday has the most gravel of the three days and a ferry ride, I would think that riders won't start showing up until late afternoon. Maybe 5ish?
  7. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know I've been silent in the posts lately but I can't wait for the ride!!! :wings
    Goat-boy and I are staying at the Sandman in Princeton. I know the group is staying at the Princeton Best Western so what is the best way to find the group on Thursday evening? If we make it there too late on Thursday, where and when exactly on Friday morning is the group convening?
    (I know it must be in an earlier post but I can't find it off hand. :shog)

Thanks,
    Michelle
    aka Goat-Girl
  8. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    We are hoping for an early departure. Hopefully leave from the motel at 7:30 to 8am. So breakfast around 6:30? Don't know where breakfast will be, but hopefully very close to the motel.

As far as Thursday evening goes, because riders are showing up throughout the afternoon/evening, we probably will be hanging around the motel and use one of the rooms as a meeting place.

Does that sound like a plan dr650bc?

Manxman
  9. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hell, if the weather keeps getting better, we can just set up the patio chairs & umbrella that Manxman can haul down on his mighty GSA:evil
  10. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    I can make it for the first night at least and some riding on Friday.

Is everyone riding solo to Princeton or is there an organised group?
  11. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks - that sounds great. I think the gathering of motorcycles and the roar from the group will be a slight hint as to where you are on Thursday eve and Friday morn. I'm sure we'll have no problems finding you.

Thanks,
    Goat-Girl
  12. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    I have not heard of any except maybe a few from the coast are coming up together Thursday.
  13. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving from Langley so I can go early or zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....and leave later.
  14. Scooter

Scooter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A group is meeting up at the Chevron around Boundry and Grandview in Burnaby. Hooking up on thursday for a 4pm departure. We will be stopping in Hope at the Chevron with the White Spot in it.
  15. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 of us are leaving Poco 10 am and heading out hwy 7 to hope - will likely stop at the chevron for a bit
  16. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    10 am sounds like a good start time. May see you on highway 7. I'll take the Albion ferry over there.
  17. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That meeting place is actually not too far off from where we live. If Goat-boy and I can get away from work on time, we will try to join you guys for the 4pm departure. I imagine we will hit a ton of traffic if we leave any time after that. Our timing is a bit up in the air since Goat-boy is just returning from a work trip in the morning.....Down to the wire..... In any case, if we don't show up by 4 at the gas station, we will try to catch up with you on road or at the destination point.
  18. TriplePete

TriplePete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be nice if you and Andy could ride out with us.

Brian, who esle is showing up at Chevron 4pm?:clap
  19. Scooter

Scooter Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Just you and I Fury.

Would like to take the Albion ferry over to Hwy 7#.
  20. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Emergency I'm broke down in Bridesville BC.

FD is kuput.

I've caught a ride to Osoyoos to rent a truck. Any got an idea if we can fix the FD in a day or two?

Doc

phone # Omited