B.c. Big Trailie Ride

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MANXMAN, Feb 13, 2006.

1. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Eh, I noticed everybody took a liken' to Goat-Girl (even though she's with Goat-Boy).

But, what happened to 'Dirty Curves'? She was there in the beginning than she was gone...:huh

Did she take a different ride than the rest of you?

Just wondering...................:lol3

Doc
  2. Scooter

Scooter Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Both Brian's StandUp and Scooter enjoyed Dirty Curves company at The Kaslo motel. Nothing crazy just a little cuddling on our laps. Canuck seemed a little envious, saying he didn't get a lap cuddle.

Goat girl was just beaming the whole trip. I told her it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at her office as she told her female co-workers of the escapades.
  3. Goat-Boy

Goat-Boy Gnarly Sheepfucker

Oddometer:
    Good luck with that no regrets thing Fred. You'll wake up soon enough. Excuse me while I take a Louisville Slugger to my 950 to stop it from raping my wallet... again.
  4. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:

I was very pleased that the meds allowed me to join in for most of the riding. You guys & gals sure made this ride fun.

I am already looking at some changes to the route for next year that will hopefully keep it fun for those who might want to join dr650bc and I again next year.

B.C. Big Trailie Ride #2 is in the works.

See you next year,
    Manxman
  6. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    You just have to know who to get it serviced by.

An ex-Britten mechanic who also does everyone's Ducati that I know of, does very good work:evil
  7. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It just does not get any better...
    Great weather, Great roads, and Great new friends...:D

Thank you to Manxman and dr650bc for arranging the ride, and for letting a latecomer local join in.:clap
    I really enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone.
    All good riders, who were eager to take the path less trodden, and fairly quickly too sometimes...
    I would love to do it again.
    Cheers, the other Peter
  9. North

North Aimless Drifter

Oddometer:
    I also, would like to thank Manxman and dr650bc for arranging the ride.:thumb

Great job guys.:clap
  10. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    I'd also like to thank Ross and Ray for putting this together (before I forget to thank them) and I mean that in a nice way...:D

One 1268 mile trip up the Columbia River - Lot's of gas and pleasent memories. https://SFDOC.smugmug.com/gallery/1594741/4/77349434
    One U-Haul Truck Rental - $365.00
    Gas to get home - $145.00 (More than the bike drank on the first part of the trip)
    One Crown Bearing (Final Drive) and Labor to Fix - $499.40
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Having the chance to meet all you guys and gals up North = Priceless :lol3

See you all next time, maybe not even next year but later this summer...:1drink

Next time I'll try to keep all my balls in a circle :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

P.S. Got my bike back today... I hope it's ready for a cross country trip next week!!!? :norton

Doc
  11. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ross and Ray for putting this on. Sorry to take so long to reply. As soon as we got back, I was swamped at work and pretty much non-stop with all kinds of things until now. :type

I definitely was beaming the whole trip (thanks Scooter for your kind words) and was so proud to keep up with you all. The goose egg on my leg is finally going down (from when my bike went down - picture #112 from Fury's site) and I actually went for my first run yesterday since the trip. Still too imbarrassed to wear a skirt but I'm sure you all know what that feels like. :icy

Goat-boy and I are off riding to Texada island this weekend.... can't wait!

Also, thanks Peter for posting all those pictures. I have been sharing that site with many friends and co-workers and yes, everyone at work is shocked and surprised to find out about the motorcycle-riding-chick version of me.

I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and hope to see you all at a potential BC Big Trailie Ride #2.

- Michelle (Goat-Girl) :wave
  12. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just completed downloading the raw helmet camera footage (57GIGS!) of the First Annual BC Big Trailie Ride to my Mac after upgrading with a 500GIG external hard drive :eek1.

Now I have a dilemma. I am limited to a maximum of two hours on a DVD, less if I get crazy with editing transitions etc. Please reply with your preference if any: Would you rather I include as much footage as possible, with lots of just tooling down the roads, or would you rather see the highlights and skip over the long uneventful stretches? Ideally I could do both, but for now I wonder if people have a clear preference.

:ear
  13. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    Sorry to jump in here...but, I have found just clipping and posting on youtube is most pallatable....it seems most people attention span is limited to about 3 minutes...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nvqdRt6DJg
  14. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:

the highlights would be my vote as the riding was so varied. Let me know if you need help to edit.
  15. TriplePete

TriplePete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see a montage in the making!!!
  16. Dirty Curves

Dirty Curves Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank You Manxman & dr650bc for putting this Adventure Together

Sorry to reply so late but I've been catching up from my holiday, trying to adjust to the work schedule...actually struggling...
    (who decided we work 5 days for 2 days off ?) :huh

Then had a scare when my chain wrapped around my sprockets so tight, :eek1 in a figure 8 pattern, just after I got off the hwy. Guess I'm pretty lucky that I was @ slow speed, not when I was travelling @130 and riding between 2 street bikes...and the semi behind us...

Oh, I miss being on the bike and riding around beautiful scenery, :cry
    even if I couldn't keep up with you riders... maybe next year. Also, really proud of Goat Girl who complete the whole adventure and routes.
    Goat Girl, glad we went thru the obstacle without dropping our bikes..:lol3

THANK YOU MANXMAN & dr650bc for arranging a great route. On my way home, I even went back on some of the routes because they were so amazingly beautiful.

This trip was a challenge for me, and by the end, I gained the confidence to ride the bike more comfortably. But I also know that I haven't been on a bike for as many years as you riders.

Since being back, I have decided to trade my beloved lowered red F650 bike for a more off road capable bike...yes, the newer version of the F650...thanks Goat Girl for seeing yours on the trip.
    (It will have the crash bars and metal cases)

One Question:
    Why is it really difficult parting with your first bike? I'm feel blue.:cry

Really enjoyed meeting you all. Would really welcome riding with anyone who is willing to have a newie ride along side them. Need to see the kms grow.

Riders, check your private message box for an email from me. :wink:
    I've sent a few. Thanks to those who have sent me pictures of their trips around different parts of the world, riding tips and words of encouragement.
    Much appreciated.

I received the Best News last week...my pins & plate are being removed from my right ankle...yahoo...soon no more painful hardware.
    No memory of the dirt bike incident last year.

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING. :clap
    I had a great First Adventure on my bike.
    This is the start of many bike adventures...thanks so much.

I just need to remember: don't get dehydrated. :1drink

Dirty Curves
  17. Bario

Bario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Snipped

I have those blank DVD's I promised you. How shall we meet up?

I'll send you a PM with my info.

Bario
  18. canuck

canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No preference here. Just let me know what you need from me. (Can't wait)
  19. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    I'm planning a 3 day trip starting from Kelowna (Fri Aug 11) to the Nelson area, same idea as #1 - twisty slab, easy FSR (super moto OK), scenic, Idaho Peak - all - the - way!!!, Kokanee Glacier, Slocan Lake area, Ainsworth Hot Springs, Watshawn Lake?, west side Arrow Lake?, Needles to Christina Lake?, ???? I plan on staying at the Flying Squirrel Hostel $28 or Grand Hotel $60 in Nelson for 2 nights (no gear to carry). Lots going on in Nelson evenings. :freaky I'll be leaving Nelson Sunday am, heading east, Grey Creek Pass, Kimberley, Bull River FSR, Hartley Pass, Sparwood, CNPass, Calgary.
    Any of you Trailies interested??
    Cheers
    Stand Up
  20. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hm...well, not related to the movie, but I need the contact info for that guy in Germany (?) who helps people ship/store bikes. We're planning a month of riding around Scandinavia and are looking for info. :ear