1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

B.c. Big Trailie Ride

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MANXMAN, Feb 13, 2006.

1. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Dirty Curves, I am interested in your bike ,if you have'nt traded it in yet...
    Sent you a pm. Cheers Peter
  2. North

North Aimless Drifter

Oddometer:

I would like to go, but I am away for the month of August.:(:

Have a great ride.:thumb
  3. ulendo

ulendo lunatic fringe

Oddometer:
    Stand Up - keep me posted on this. not sure just how much time I can get free, but I'm interested ( doesnt sound like anything the Buell cant handle?) Also FWIW, end of Aug I'm in Calgary (DeWinton) got any plans for that time / area?
  4. Dirty Curves

Dirty Curves Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello there Stand Up,
    Got my attention... :ear
    perfect for the new bike... :D
    Have more questions about this trip, sent you a pm.
    Dirty Curves
  5. canuck

canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://www.knopftours.com/

This is the guy that can store your bike. He should also be able to arrange shipping. He is in Heidelburg south of Frankfurt.

For shipping we used a guy at the VCR airport.

Bruno at MID Forwarding
    phone # 604-303-7384

Let me know if I can help.

P
  6. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey gang. I'm getting close to final production of The First Annual BC Big Trailie Ride - The Movie. :lurk

Aka "Princeton to Kaslo, the Hard Way" :baldy

This is your last chance to suggest other titles. :ear

There sure is a lot of footage on the virtual "cutting room floor." Currently the movie is about 1.5 hours long. I do plan to make a "montage" once I'm done, as well, but that has to come second. I'll probably post a low res version of that at Youtube. Stay tuned.

Huge thanks to Bario who came through with a righteous stack of blank DVD-Rs which will help hold production costs way down.

-Stily1
  7. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds fun - I am not sure if we can get to Kelowna by Fri so we'll chat it over and get back to ya. Hope to make it... :freaky
  8. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    Obviously I was not on your guys ride...but, it sounded like such a great ride I look forward to any of your posted video!:D
  9. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    Looks like you all had a great ride -- I'm hoping I'll be able to join you all next summer.
  10. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Hey guys and a couple of gals,,, I know this is a slight "Highjack" but what the hell. It was all part of the B.C. Big Trailie ride in my mind.

I got the bike fixed and made my trip to Vermont and back the long way. I thought some of you I met up in Princeton would be interested in seeing the Ride Report from it, so here's a link.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11987

I had a great time, 9,143 miles, and no problems with the "PIG"...

Doc
  11. Dirty Curves

Dirty Curves Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello there Doc,
    Well, I spent a good part of my evening reading your ride report.
    I so enjoyed viewing your amazing adventure, reading your comments and the pictures were absolutely great, nature is absolutely magical.
    You left me truly feeling that life is short, and to go out and ride.
    Thank you for sharing your journey... :clap
    Dirty Curves
  12. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi standup and goat gang,
    I will be at Trout lake aug12-15th at a cabin 3 doors down from the Windsor...probably bikeless (cant figure out how to tow the boat with the bike) but if you ride through stop for a beverage:freaky
    Cheers, the other Peter (f650dakar)
  13. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    I'm in Kelowna, just found out today, I've got the next 2 weeks off. I was planning on doing Whatshan Lake, Trout Lake, Nelson, Faquier, Kelowna, but a buddy wants to come out and play golf for 4 days. :puke1 If he can find a dual sport bike in Kelowna to rent, we'll swing by.
    Keep in touch.
    Brian
  14. R.J.

R.J. split personality

Oddometer:
    Awesome! DH and I just did the Kootenay Lake, Creston, Salmo, Nelson, Ainsworth, Kaslo, New Denver, Slocan Valley, Nelson, Balfour, Creston loop last week. It was awesome! We stayed at the Ainsworth Hot Springs. The rooms were simple, but the soak was worthwhile. They were also very motorcycle friendly. The best part of the trip was the road from Kaslo to New Denver. Try not to miss it. It was absolutely beautiful with lots of twisties! There is a small coffee shop at the Balfour ferry that has the best cinnamon buns I have ever had. Worth stopping! If you are going Kimberley to Bull River, take the back road through Ta Ta creek, Wasa and Fort Fort Steele that runs by the trout hatchery. If you want some great offroading, you can take the Bull River Road up past the dam, and get way way up. It does get pretty rough with dips and boulders closer to the top, but the view is beautiful. If you are into hiking, it's a great hike up to Cliff lake. There is also a forestry road on the map from Crawford Bay to Kimberley. Is this the Grey Creek Pass you are talking about? It didn't have a name on my map, but looks very interesting. Maybe we'll get to it next year. Sounds like you are off to a great trip. Have a great time! Can't wait to see pics!:thumbup
  15. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian,
    Could not stand the thought of being in trout lake without the bike...
    Took it out there today, so I will probably be there all week now checking out the back roads and trails.:D
    Will run the rest of the gear out tommorrow.
    Met the new owners of the Windsor, two young guys from Kelowna, good folks. If you swing by ask for me there and they should know where I am.
    Cheers, Peter
  16. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Can't make it this weekend....leaving next Thursday am - 4 day ride to Calgary through Nelson - Grey Creek and beyond.
    Brian
  17. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Peter,

The Trout Lake you speak of is it just North of the Galena Bay Ferry? I thought I saw that on a sign as I passed through there this week. Soooo many bikes and me in the pick-up :(
  18. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's ALLIIIIIIVVEEEEEE!!!!!! :rayof:rayof

You can view a highly compressed, mercilessly edited (ten minute) version of The First Annual BC Big Trailie Ride - The Movie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFAmqAK4qg

I have created 25 copies of the full resolution movie as a DVD (highlights version is 1/2 hour, full version on the same DVD runs for 1.5 hours). For those of you who were on the ride I'm asking $10 to cover some of my costs and shipping etc. Manxman, DR650BC and Bario, yours are gratis, of course (PM me with your address and it's in the mail). I don't have a lable yet, however.

The rest of y'all PM me and we'll come to an arrangement.

Note that I'm moving this weekend so may only have internet from work for about a week.

:ear
  19. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
  20. Bario

Bario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can arrange to just walk over to your office to pick up a copy. Saves postage and it's only 3 blocks away.

Do you need more blank DVD's? I can bring you some more when I stop by if you need them.

I am busy tomorrow but am free Tuesday and Wednesday if that works for you. Next week busy Monday but free all week after that as I will be off work on yet another vacation.:clap No plans on what I am doing or where I might go but at least I will not be at work:evil

Bario