B.C. FSR status reports

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Steve G., May 1, 2006.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd start this thread to get word out about status of off road routes.
    As of April 30/06, east side Harrison Lake forest service road is clear [for bikes anyways] all the way to the Silver River campground. Our attempt to get through to North Bend [Boston Bar] was foiled by a wall of snow about 2 kilometers from the bridge crossing at Silver Creek, along the start of Kookipi Creek FSR. We back tracked to try the northern longer route past Silver River campground and made it in about 6 kilometers, crossing many small de-commision dig-outs till we came across a road slide/snow combination that our big duelly's couldn't climb. A trials bike would have been the trick in there, but not a 550ib GS.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  2. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve,
    Looking for the best way to get from Kelowna to Jericho Beach, Van. and a different route back. Two 12GSs looking for the roads less travelled. Time is not important - will take 2 days. I did every FSR in SE BC last year, lots of KVR around Kelowna, so I'm up for anything. Any rides planned for SW BC on May long weekend, or during the following week?
    Cheers
    Stand Up
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmmm, Kelowna to downtown Van. There's not really any route where you can do it off road all the way. I'm not too familiar with the gravel roads in the Okanogan. You could try Summerland to Princeton via Jelicoe. Then from Princeton, I've heard you could get through to Coquahalla hwy via Tulameen and Coalmont, but again I've never been in there except on a Norton Commando to drink beer at Coalmont.
    From Hope, the choices are tougher. Avoid Hwy1, maybe try #7, at least it has a bit of a scenic route.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  4. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    Indeed you can make it through to the Coq from Princeton via Coalmont/Tulameen/Brookmere. I took this route last year around this time and it was great. There is also an FSR that runs from the Coq over to Boston Bar. I believe it is called the Uzluis creek FSR but you would need to consult a Backroads mapbook for the proper information.
  5. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    We usually do our DualSport portion of our annual Routledge Run up the East Harrison then on to Coalmont. Was up the east side to the snow last week and it could be all melted by now.

West side Harrison was clear all the way to Mt Currie a few weeks ago.

Just picked up a 950 Katoom so if anyone wants to ride up there, PM me. I can take either the 950 or the KLX400 depending on what kind of riding you want to do.

www.DualSportBC.com

I'm Dirtybill on there.
  6. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    May 28 is the Fuzzy Bear Poker Run and Family Trail Ride outside of Chilliwack. I believe if you Google Team Grizzly, their site has the info.

The Sheet Iron in California is on the May long weekend. Google Oakland Motorcycle Club for info.

We plan to also make a few weekend trips up to the Onion Lake area this year. That's where the Monkey Wrench and Dead Zone take place. Lots of back roads around the Lytton area and a reasonably priced and clean motel with cabins in Lytton.