Baborigame to Morelos and Maguarichic to Uruachic

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by cwc, Nov 19, 2007.

1. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are leaving in a couple of weeks for a little touring in the canyons and I'm looking for GPS tracks for these two routes. Maybe Creel to Maguarichic too if someone has it.

Any tracks or suggestions will be appreciated.
  2. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    I would PM Tury.
  3. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been talking with him, but I didn't think to ask for tracks. I thought maybe somebody would have them here.

If not, I will in a few weeks.
  4. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I've never heard of people running that route, so yours could be new news for us. :thumb

I think you have a good bike for farting around down there, and the inseam for the really crappy stuff.
  5. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Indeed, but on long steep hills and deep sand I sometimes wish for your motor.:lol3
  6. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Lemme pick your brain after y'all get back. :D

Hell, I'm thinking 250ish and something inseam friendly for me.

Getting there, yes, that's the real deal...
  7. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    I've done some riding out in the Maguarichi area. I was busy trying to push a route through from Maguarichi to San Rafael, but the road was gone, and I ended up camping out in the middle of nowhere, just the way I like it.

Anyway, definitely ride out there, it's fantastic. There's gas and food in Maguarichi, the views are utterly breathtaking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it might be possible to get from Maguarichi to Uruachi, via Charuyvo, but it might only be do-able on a Sherco or a mule. I haven't tried it yet, but have done some research on it.
  8. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have discussed Maguarichi to Uruachi with Tury and he has done it. If you look at Google Earth you can actually follow the road.

Arturo also mentioned water that will be above my cojones as I wade across with my gear, so I may let that wait til the Feb. trip when my son and other young people (under 60) will be along to help. :D
  10. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    I have already mapped it, just haven't ridden it. If Arturo says it works, it will. When I get home tonight, I'll post an image of what I have, and the route I made from it.

Be warned however, that other routes I have plotted using visible roads via google earth in fact were abandoned years ago, and although there's the trace of a road from 175 miles up :lol3 , it was no longer traversable.

The next step is to get from Uruachi to Chinipas, and I think I figured that one out too - if it's passible.

Love the ccoons site! :thumb
  11. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, things aren't always what they seem, but we are ever hopeful.:D

We rode from Chinipas to Uruachi last spring and I have a track file for that. There are some options as you go but if desired there is a way that even the 2wd pickups can do I think. We didn't go that way. It took us 10+ hours with stops. My son and another rider made it about an hour or two sooner than we did.

If you go from Uruachi there is a sign that says it is 110km to Chinipas. My advice would be to have enough gas to go farther than that. It was about 100 miles the way we went. There are at least three towns big enough to have a tiendita along the way. We didn't need gas so I don't know about that.
  12. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    Charlie,

That's fantastic - I need to trade some data with you :deal I'll see about getting that Maguarichi-Uruachi file up where you can see it. That fills in the gap to complete a great Creel-Chinipas-Uruachi-Maguarichi-Creel loop.
  13. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Re-tracing ancient tracks.
    Or trying to.....:D

Great sht.
  14. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    Here's what I mapped out from Uruachi to Maguarichi by consulting google earth images and then creating a .gpx file...

[​IMG]

Google Earth image [Note-In a prior post, you can see a trail across the canyon that traverses the wall. That is looking at this road to Uruachi...]...

[​IMG]
  15. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    That looks like what I saw too but I haven't made a file of it yet. I've never done that, but maybe I can get it done before I go.

That river crossing is the one that will get my depth sensors cold. Maybe it will be dry when we get there.

If we have time we will take a look at it, but it may have to wait until Feb. if we are behind. It sure looks great in the photo.

Here is our trip to Uruachi from Chinipas. It looks like I shrunk it a bit much, but you can see the route.

A track file is available if you want it.

We couldn't find the shortcut shown up by Uruachi and it was probably a good thing as it was just about dark when we got there on the fast road.

[​IMG]
  16. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    Charlie,

Check your email. :thumb No need to map what I already did, I'll send it to you.

Bruce
  17. Tury

Tury Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :freaky Bruce; salud con xx.

There is only one ruta de Maguarichi to Uruachi, having to cross the Otero River and up to now can be done riding the bikes. Just before arriving Uruachi 5 kms, the road is pure rock and the feeling is like mountain goats !!

Uruachi to Bahuichivo: The same Otero has to be crossed but at the moment is crosseble on the bikes.

Arturo....Tury
  18. mars

mars Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer:
    You must be talking about this crossing?
    [​IMG]

I did that route in 2006, there were no less than 6 river crossings within the first 5 miles when we left Chinipas in the morning. Portions of this road were single track.
  19. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually I was talking about between Uruachi and Maguarichic.

We missed the crossing you show. We set out to go that way, but since I prefer winding roads to river crossings we backtracked a little and took a road that stays west of the river after the first crossing and still ends up in Agua Caliente.

My son crossed the river under the footbridge on the advice of locals and said the water barely got over the wheel rims.
  20. Tury

Tury Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To Gas Pipe:

:freaky I name this the GRAN RETO: Bato--Urique( vía Tubares ). Urique--Uruachi. Uruachi--Maguarichi--Creel. This takes 3 nights, the last is at either San Juanito or Creel.
    3 rivers to cross, at the moment are passable, the rio Urique de ABAJO, near Tubares and the Oteros before and after Uruachi.

I´ve done this ruta 3 times either way.

Just recentely I did the ruta from Basaseachi--Uruachi ( la Tableta ) Loreto--San Bernardo--Alamos, not advisible during late October and November : Harvest time.
    Tury:wink: